Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
7 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-12-19T00:40:37Z by KaustavMalakar
KaustavMalakar
KaustavMalakar
7 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Which cognos role gives you access to framework manager?

‏2013-12-18T20:03:21Z |

is there any specific role which gives you access to framework manager? like if im part of 'report admin' or 'authors' role, will I be able to access framework manager and publish/modify packages?

Updated on 2013-12-18T20:04:54Z at 2013-12-18T20:04:54Z by KaustavMalakar
  • OpherB
    OpherB
    664 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Which cognos role gives you access to framework manager?

‏2013-12-18T20:44:42Z  in response to KaustavMalakar

That's a great question. I don't think there is a role requirement for access to FM, per se. That's because it is a download/install program, and people who don't have access to the program won't be able to run it!

When it comes time to publish a Package to Cognos Connection, I think you have to a a Report Administrator to write.

Good luck,
    Opher

• KaustavMalakar
      KaustavMalakar
      7 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-12-18T22:20:43Z  in response to OpherB

yea right but when you try to open a package in FM, the login page comes right which checks your credentials.... so does it just check if you have read/write access to that package or not? ... and if you have, you can just modify and republish the package....

OR does that login check if you are part of any specific role, which allows you to access FM and open packages?

both the case, assume that i have FM downloaded in my system and it's configured to connect to a cognos environement where we have LDAP authentication.

• OpherB
        OpherB
        664 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-12-18T23:04:33Z  in response to KaustavMalakar

I believe that authentication is just for access to the data source. I've cancelled that prompt for credentials and can still edit the FM model.

Opher

• KaustavMalakar
          KaustavMalakar
          7 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-12-18T23:30:05Z  in response to OpherB

ok so can you tell what decides who can modify and republish a package?

from what im hearing, looks like anyone with a FM installed can publish a package?

• KaustavMalakar
          KaustavMalakar
          7 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-12-18T23:35:13Z  in response to OpherB

and if you cancel that prompt initially... fine. but if you try to publish the package, the login prompt reappears, and if you cancel then , it does not allow you to publish the package....

so i think it checks somewhere ... but what exactly it looks for, that's what im trying to understand

• OpherB
            OpherB
            664 Posts
            ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-12-19T00:03:27Z  in response to KaustavMalakar

As I wrote about, when you publish the Package it checks your credentials. I believe you have to be a Report Administrator.

• KaustavMalakar
              KaustavMalakar
              7 Posts
              ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-12-19T00:40:37Z  in response to OpherB

Thanks , opherB!