• 7 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2016-11-08T18:59:45Z by Masri
giocot
giocot
8 Posts

Pinned topic Error : EVFA1020 Required host servers are not started

‏2013-07-16T13:56:10Z |

Hi all

i'm tryng to use RDPower in System i with V5R4 ; when i try to open a program source i receive the following message:

The RSE communications server requires the IBM i host servers be started to function properly. One or more of the required host servers are not started which may cause unpredictable results. Use the "Verify Connection" action to see which hosts servers are not started. To start the host servers run the following two commands:  STRHOSTSVR *ALL and STRTCPSVR *DDM

i tryed to to do STRHOSTSVR *ALL and STRTCPSVR *DDM

but nothing happend. whci could be the problem ?

thanks in advance

Updated on 2016-10-06T16:32:42Z at 2016-10-06T16:32:42Z by Masri
  • giocot
    giocot
    8 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Error : EVFA1020 Required host servers are not started

‏2013-07-25T07:49:06Z  

Couple ideas...

1 - Are you starting the servers with a profile that has enough authority?  I am not sure what authorities are required but try it with a *SECADM profile.

2 - Did you check to see if the services were subsequently started after running the command?

AaronBartell.com

Hi think i hav found the problems:

attached the verify connecction result

thanks

Attachments

• Masri
    Masri
    40 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2016-10-06T14:56:01Z  

Hi,

I'm having the same issue, and was wondering which host servers I should be looking for. 

I've had the missing PTF applied, but still receive the error. I'm also intrigued by the failed connection to the Record Access service, as I don't have a clue what this is.

Can anybody shed some light as to which Host Servers should be started?

Thanks

Mark  

The Record Access service should be started if the DDM server is started.  Can you check if DDM server is started.

Go to Objects and right click Remote Servers->DDM and make sure that Stop is enabled.

• aaronbartell
    aaronbartell
    1 Post

‏2013-07-24T21:52:54Z  

Couple ideas...

1 - Are you starting the servers with a profile that has enough authority?  I am not sure what authorities are required but try it with a *SECADM profile.

2 - Did you check to see if the services were subsequently started after running the command?

AaronBartell.com

• giocot
    giocot
    8 Posts

‏2013-07-25T07:49:06Z  

Couple ideas...

AaronBartell.com

thanks

Attachments

• MarkSmart
    MarkSmart
    2 Posts

‏2016-10-05T15:47:56Z  
    • giocot
    • ‏2013-07-25T07:49:06Z

thanks

Hi,

I'm having the same issue, and was wondering which host servers I should be looking for. 

I've had the missing PTF applied, but still receive the error. I'm also intrigued by the failed connection to the Record Access service, as I don't have a clue what this is.

Thanks

Mark  

• Masri
    Masri
    40 Posts

‏2016-10-06T14:56:01Z  

Hi,

Thanks

Mark  

The Record Access service should be started if the DDM server is started.  Can you check if DDM server is started.

Go to Objects and right click Remote Servers->DDM and make sure that Stop is enabled.

• MarkSmart
    MarkSmart
    2 Posts

‏2016-10-06T15:01:55Z  
    • Masri
    • ‏2016-10-06T14:56:01Z

Brilliant. Thanks very much. 

• Joachim_JK_Grafe
    Joachim_JK_Grafe
    2 Posts

‏2016-11-08T18:45:32Z  

Brilliant. Thanks very much. 

All the servers are started - its not the AS400 ( old V9.5 install on another PC still works fine)

It is the brand new PC and a new install - now even uninstall and bringing back older version will not work.

I can create a member but not edit - the lock will nto work.

Running verifyin connection - all looks good except RECORD ACCESS FAILED

• Masri
    Masri
    40 Posts

‏2016-11-08T18:59:45Z  

All the servers are started - its not the AS400 ( old V9.5 install on another PC still works fine)

It is the brand new PC and a new install - now even uninstall and bringing back older version will not work.

I can create a member but not edit - the lock will nto work.

Running verifyin connection - all looks good except RECORD ACCESS FAILED

The main reasons that connecting to the Record Access service (DDM server) would fail are:

1.  DDM server not started
    2.  Firewall is blocking the socket connection.  Frequently the fiewalls will let through the connections for the other host servers (remote command, etc...) because they run on higher port numbers but blocks DDM because it users a lower port number.
    3.  Not authorized to use the DDM server, or the DDM server is locked down.