Topic
No replies
bobleah
bobleah
8 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic n.Fluent Real Time Translation Services (RTTS) FAQs

‏2010-07-22T01:52:54Z |

How many languages are available in RTTS?

RTTS provides translation among 11 language pairs: English to/from Arabic, Chinese (Simplified and Traditional), French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese (Brazilian), Russian, and Spanish.

Is translation better for some languages?

Yes, the level of maturity for some languages is higher than others, so you can expect to see differences. The factors that influence translation effectiveness are the amount of parallel content used to train the models and how closely the content being translated matches the domain of the translation models. RTTS’ domain is general.  However, by offering n.Fluent on developerWorks, our hope is to build up a IT professional technical domain.

Do I have to translate to or from English,?

Yes, translation must be to English or from English.

Can I improve the translation effectiveness?

Yes,

You may also make corrections to the machine translation. These corrections are then stored in the RTTS Translation Memory and can be used for future machine translation improvements.

What is crowdsourcing?

RTTS leverages the Crowdsourcing strategy (wisdom of the crowds) to help amass the parallel corpora required for improving the quality of machine translation. As a result, bilingual members can help translate sentences and/or correct machine translated sentences. For example, you have a blog you want translated into Spanish (and you have a reasonable understanding of the Spanish language). When you use RTTS to translate the blog and see a couple of words that could be better, you change it (using the RTTS correction widget) to what you think are the right words. Corrections are used real-time for processing web page translation (so the next user benefits from your correction).

Preventing Certain Areas From Being Translated

I'm a blogger, and would like to keep certain text in my blog, such as code examples, form being translated.  How do I do this?  The n.Fluent transwidget will skip translation of any element (and all its children) which contains the attribute translate=0. This attribute can be added to any tag including <div> such that any text within these tags will not be translated. Example: <translate=0>This text will not be translated</b>

Updated on 2010-07-22T10:35:30Z at 2010-07-22T10:35:30Z by bobleah