2 replies Latest Post - ‏2014-06-08T14:18:33Z by yn2000
BabarHussain
BabarHussain
20 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Problem in Organizational Structure management

‏2014-05-29T21:08:11Z |

Hi, 

I am using ITIM 5.1. I have made an organizational structure in ITIM with three hierarchical levels and have assigned managers of organizational units at each hierarchy level. I want that the managers of OUs can manage organizational structure only below their hierarchy level.

When I try to do so, the result is that the managers of 1st hierarchy level and the 2nd hierarchy level can only add OUs below their OU but the manager of 3rd hierarchy level OU cannot add OUs below its hierarchy level.

I followed the same procedure for allowing the managers to manage Organizational Structure below their hierarchy level.

what could be the problem?

• SanjaySutar
    SanjaySutar
    84 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Problem in Organizational Structure management

‏2014-06-06T05:51:08Z  in response to BabarHussain

what are you using to represent the OU?

You may want to explain the procedure also that you followed for creating/assigning admin to these ous.

• yn2000
      yn2000
      1068 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Problem in Organizational Structure management

‏2014-06-08T14:18:33Z  in response to SanjaySutar

Agreed with Sanjay.

In ITIM, OU is like the foundation/structure of the design. What type of building you would have, if everyone (exaggerated) is allowed to change the foundation/structure? In my environment, I demand the whole committee members (exaggerated) to put their bloody thumb prints just to add one OU.

Rgds. YN.