Topic
  • 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2018-01-24T17:05:23Z by scott_ruch_wipro
AK88
AK88
105 Posts

Pinned topic Disable Project/Company Toggle?

‏2018-01-10T16:49:04Z |

We're testing platform 3.5.3 and noticed a difference is the project/company toggle visibility. The users have access to the license IBM TRIRIGA Workplace Performance Management Projects and it now displays the toggle option. When we remove this license, the toggle disappears. Is this new behavior documented anywhere? I did some research and I couldn't find anything, but is there a way to remove this option for specific user groups?

Thanks

• scott_ruch_wipro
    scott_ruch_wipro
    13 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Disable Project/Company Toggle?

‏2018-01-24T17:05:23Z  
    • AK88
    • ‏2018-01-22T17:49:06Z

Hi Scott,

Thanks for your response. I understand that the toggle should show up if they have a license to view projects. The change in functionality between 3.5.0 and 3.5.3 that I see is related to the license IBM TRIRIGA Workplace Performance Management. This license provides read only access to the project and in 3.5.0, it would not show the toggle. Aside from this license, the users do not have any other licenses which grants them access to the project objects.

I created a user in 10.5.0 and added that license, and as you say, I had no access to the project tool. When testing in 3.5.3/10.5.3, I did have access. It appears that we had a scope change. I will be following up on this as well, but it looks like we corrected a defect where we had restricted access.

• scott_ruch_wipro
    scott_ruch_wipro
    13 Posts

‏2018-01-17T17:29:22Z  

Essentially, what you are seeing is working as designed. If a user has access to a Projects license, they have the Projects toggle/toolbar. Removing the license removes that toolbar. That's not new behavior at all, but has been true since the application was bundled together with the Maintenance/Real Estate applications. I hope that this clarifies things for you.

• AK88
    AK88
    105 Posts

‏2018-01-22T17:49:06Z  

Essentially, what you are seeing is working as designed. If a user has access to a Projects license, they have the Projects toggle/toolbar. Removing the license removes that toolbar. That's not new behavior at all, but has been true since the application was bundled together with the Maintenance/Real Estate applications. I hope that this clarifies things for you.

Hi Scott,

Thanks for your response. I understand that the toggle should show up if they have a license to view projects. The change in functionality between 3.5.0 and 3.5.3 that I see is related to the license IBM TRIRIGA Workplace Performance Management. This license provides read only access to the project and in 3.5.0, it would not show the toggle. Aside from this license, the users do not have any other licenses which grants them access to the project objects.

• scott_ruch_wipro
    scott_ruch_wipro
    13 Posts

‏2018-01-24T17:05:23Z  
    • AK88
    • ‏2018-01-22T17:49:06Z

Hi Scott,

I created a user in 10.5.0 and added that license, and as you say, I had no access to the project tool. When testing in 3.5.3/10.5.3, I did have access. It appears that we had a scope change. I will be following up on this as well, but it looks like we corrected a defect where we had restricted access.