Topic
  • 6 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-08-26T18:11:15Z by cstoneba
cstoneba
cstoneba
182 Posts

Pinned topic Single webreports - multiple deployments

‏2013-04-26T20:02:18Z |

Is it possible to have a single, standalone TEM WebReports instance that connects to multiple webreports databases and merges the data togther in a single, reporting interface?

• cstoneba
    cstoneba
    182 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Single webreports - multiple deployments

‏2013-08-26T18:11:15Z  
    • cstoneba
    • ‏2013-08-23T20:32:58Z

actually i think what is happening is when you install the standalone webreports, it stills needs a BESReporting database to store WB reports, WR login credentials, etc and that is what it is prompting for.

So i'll just point the installer to a free SQL server so it can create the BESReporting database, then hopefully i can connect the new weberports instance to 2 different existing TEM environments.

I was able to deploy a standalone webreports server and point it to 2 different TEM deployments, allowing for a single webreports view into multiple TEM environments. 

• cstoneba
    cstoneba
    182 Posts

‏2013-05-15T19:38:35Z  

anyone?

• vpetrell
    vpetrell
    8 Posts

‏2013-05-15T19:47:44Z  
    • cstoneba
    • ‏2013-05-15T19:38:35Z

anyone?

From the TEM 8.2 Admin Guide:

"Any Web Report server can be set up to include data from any other Server."

So I'm assuming the answer to your questions is yes.

• cstoneba
    cstoneba
    182 Posts

‏2013-08-23T16:12:23Z  
    • vpetrell
    • ‏2013-05-15T19:47:44Z

From the TEM 8.2 Admin Guide:

"Any Web Report server can be set up to include data from any other Server."

So I'm assuming the answer to your questions is yes.

i found this article that describes how to build a standalone webreports servers, but during the install is prompts for a local or remote database. If a choose remote and point to an existing TEM environment SQL server, will it overwrite the existing database?

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21505722

• vpetrell
    vpetrell
    8 Posts

‏2013-08-23T19:47:33Z  
    • cstoneba
    • ‏2013-08-23T16:12:23Z

i found this article that describes how to build a standalone webreports servers, but during the install is prompts for a local or remote database. If a choose remote and point to an existing TEM environment SQL server, will it overwrite the existing database?

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21505722

I can't say for certain. But from my experience it should not overwrite the DB, it will just use it as a source of information.

To be safe, you should backup your DB before trying it out.

• cstoneba
    cstoneba
    182 Posts

‏2013-08-23T20:32:58Z  
    • vpetrell
    • ‏2013-08-23T19:47:33Z

I can't say for certain. But from my experience it should not overwrite the DB, it will just use it as a source of information.

To be safe, you should backup your DB before trying it out.

actually i think what is happening is when you install the standalone webreports, it stills needs a BESReporting database to store WB reports, WR login credentials, etc and that is what it is prompting for.

So i'll just point the installer to a free SQL server so it can create the BESReporting database, then hopefully i can connect the new weberports instance to 2 different existing TEM environments.

• cstoneba
    cstoneba
    182 Posts

‏2013-08-26T18:11:15Z  
    • cstoneba
    • ‏2013-08-23T20:32:58Z

I was able to deploy a standalone webreports server and point it to 2 different TEM deployments, allowing for a single webreports view into multiple TEM environments.