I want to migrate a SVC based vdisk to a V7000 volume.
Here's what I've done:
- Zones two ports from the V7000 to the SVC
- SVC detects 2 x 2145 controlllers
- Created a host (SVC_01) on the V7000 specifying all 8 of the SVC WWNs as FC ports
- On the V7000 mapped a 13GB LUN to the SVC_01 host
- On the SVC I run detect mdisks and the 13GB vdisk appears under one of the 2145 controllers as unmanaged
- Right click on an active LUN on the SVC and select export to image mode
- The next display shows the 13GB unmanaged mdisk for me to select so I select it
- On the next display it asks which storage pool I want to add the image mode disk to
Here's where I'm stuck. Only the existing mdisk groups are shown. So I created a new mdisk group with NO mdisks in it and repeated the export to image mode process but it still only shows the original 3 groups.
What am I missing to get the export working correctly?
Thanks in advance