• 12 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2014-02-14T09:56:04Z by Wolfgang Uhr
Mathias Mamsch
Mathias Mamsch
2147 Posts

Pinned topic Update: Forum Problems

‏2013-11-20T01:18:34Z |

Hi all, just some infos regarding the well-known problems of this forum:

• Since several people addressed the problems with this forum to developerWorks since mid-April  ...
  • and I have adressed the problems again to them in july, with the remark that it is frustrating that 1000s of hours of work were put to the gutter, due to technical failure during the forum migration ...
  • I was told in july that the developerWorks team is working on these issues as a "high priority issue".

I was glad to find out today that at least the search functionality of the forum seems to work again (yey!). Anyhow since the still did not fix the legacy code problems I escalated this problem and the whole treatment of the community on this forum to a higher level IBM representative. Hopefully this will bring us some good news in the near future.

Regards, Mathias

Updated on 2013-11-20T01:18:46Z at 2013-11-20T01:18:46Z by Mathias Mamsch
  • Mathias Mamsch
    Mathias Mamsch
    2147 Posts

Re: Update: Forum Problems

‏2013-12-17T09:43:02Z  

News: It seems finally DeveloperWorks is starting the repair of the old forum content. The following answer I got from IBM:

We have deployed, on an internal server, the
       legacy forum software and the pre-migration forums, and have identified
       all of the approximately 1700 posts in the DOORS DXL forum that contain
       code snippets.  Our plan is to manually copy over (by hand, one at a
       time) the properly formatted code snippets from the internal server to
       the production server, effectively replacing all of the broken ones with
       their original formatting.  We expect to start this task next week, and
       expect it to take a few days.

Lets hope the manual repair will not introduce "human error" and finally give us our work back ;-)

Regards, Mathias

• llandale
    llandale
    3035 Posts

‏2013-12-17T21:20:25Z  

News: It seems finally DeveloperWorks is starting the repair of the old forum content. The following answer I got from IBM:

Lets hope the manual repair will not introduce "human error" and finally give us our work back ;-)

Regards, Mathias

1700 individual posts with DXL seems a bit low to me.  Maybe they mean "blocked text".

• JAntley
    JAntley
    4 Posts

‏2014-01-09T22:06:11Z  

Regards, Mathias

We have completed our manual repair of the posts in the DOORS DXL forum that contain code snippets in blocked text.  Code that was not in blocked text has not been altered.

If any code snippets in this forum were overlooked, or if any require additional attention, kindly send a note to talk2dw@us.ibm.com and we will address it.

To insert code in future posts, click the Add code button (located next to the Paragraph Format drop-down) in the post editor.

• adevicq
    adevicq
    154 Posts

‏2014-01-10T08:31:11Z  
    • JAntley
    • ‏2014-01-09T22:06:11Z

We have completed our manual repair of the posts in the DOORS DXL forum that contain code snippets in blocked text.  Code that was not in blocked text has not been altered.

If any code snippets in this forum were overlooked, or if any require additional attention, kindly send a note to talk2dw@us.ibm.com and we will address it.

To insert code in future posts, click the Add code button (located next to the Paragraph Format drop-down) in the post editor.

Hi,

I don't see any "Add code" button near the paragraph format combo or anywhere else... (see attached)

I'm on IE11.

regards,

Attachments

• HazelWoodcock
    HazelWoodcock
    25 Posts

‏2014-01-10T09:11:03Z  
    • adevicq
    • ‏2014-01-10T08:31:11Z

Hi,

I don't see any "Add code" button near the paragraph format combo or anywhere else... (see attached)

I'm on IE11.

regards,

The 'Add code' button looks like

<>

and it should be just before the Paragraph Style dropdown.  I am using FF25.

Thanks to the team for their work in doing the conversions.

• Mathias Mamsch
    Mathias Mamsch
    2147 Posts

‏2014-01-10T10:20:01Z  
    • JAntley

Thank you very much for your efforts! Everything looks good so far! Thanks also for giving the update!

Updated on 2014-01-10T10:21:00Z at 2014-01-10T10:21:00Z by Mathias Mamsch
  • WardEdwards
    WardEdwards
    6 Posts

‏2014-01-16T19:22:35Z  

test post

• PWalchli
    PWalchli
    1 Post

‏2014-01-16T19:24:28Z  

test post

Test post

• Wolfgang Uhr
    Wolfgang Uhr
    304 Posts

‏2014-02-14T09:52:27Z  
    • JAntley

Thats nice, but it is a little bit overdone, isn't it? The best way is to fix the old pages as a static set of pages and start a new forum. But this is your work, not mine.

For me there are not so good messages: If have just tried to log in from my office pc. Thats impossible. I cannot submit my login data. I'm still locked out

• Wolfgang Uhr
    Wolfgang Uhr
    304 Posts

‏2014-02-14T09:52:27Z  
    • JAntley

Thats nice, but it is a little bit overdone, isn't it? The best way is to fix the old pages as a static set of pages and start a new forum. But this is your work, not mine.

For me there are not so good messages: If have just tried to log in from my office pc. Thats impossible. I cannot submit my login data. I'm still locked out

• Wolfgang Uhr
    Wolfgang Uhr
    304 Posts

‏2014-02-14T09:52:49Z  
    • JAntley

• Wolfgang Uhr
    Wolfgang Uhr
    304 Posts

‏2014-02-14T09:56:04Z  

Oh - your Skript tolds me three times, that the post could not be send ...