Topic
1 reply Latest Post - ‏2013-10-01T19:57:44Z by rossella
syedsaifi
syedsaifi
1 Post
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Unable to deploy virtual system pattern

‏2013-09-26T13:44:29Z |

I have followed http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/tivihelp/v48r1/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.sco.doc_2.2%2Fc_os.html for installing SmartCloud Orchestrator. I have chosen All-in-One installation scenario. All the component(firstbox, db2 server, kersrv-1, kersrv-2 and kersrv-3 ) is installed properly. I have done the post installation verification and the installation seems alright. I have created a cirros image using glance command successfully and I am able to launch instance from this image as well using nova command.

I could see the above image is operational repository in VIL (with basic indexing done). I moved this image to reference repository and then registered this image in IBM SmartCloud Orchestrator. I am creating a virtual system pattern choosing this image. But when initiate the deployment process. I am getting the below error:

Some virtual machines could not be deployed  Sep 26, 2013 6:52:16 PM  
Generating model for topology and network  Sep 26, 2013 6:52:06 PM  
Reserving cloud resources  Sep 26, 2013 6:51:51 PM  
Event "Before provisioning" for virtual system cirros-Instance was processed successfully.  Sep 26, 2013 6:51:42 PM  
Processing event "Before provisioning" for virtual system cirros-Instance  Sep 26, 2013 6:51:42 PM  
Deployment has been queued  Sep 26, 2013 6:51:34 PM 

I have attached the error and trace log file as well.

I have tried with RHEL image as well but that pattern deployment is failing as well with error "Virtual Memory must be atleast 512". My firstbox had 40GB of memory and i could see that approx 18GB of memory is free.

Thanks,

Syed

Attachments

• rossella
    rossella
    4 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Unable to deploy virtual system pattern

‏2013-10-01T19:57:44Z  in response to syedsaifi

To deploy an image in SCO you need to extend it first with Image Construction and Composition Tool and cirros is not supported as operating system by Image Construction and Composition Tool :-(

The message you're getting when deploying the RHEL is most likely related to the fact that you may have been used an Image Construction and Composition Tool version older than the one shipped with FP1.