Topic
  • 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-11-15T12:40:03Z by filip_matosic
filip_matosic
filip_matosic
22 Posts

Pinned topic Mixing own JSF inside WEB EGL

‏2013-11-14T07:14:07Z |

I am using RBD 8.1 and have some existing web egl projects. I would like to have

some  standalone jsf pages that are not bound to egl ,is it possible and if so some pointers to how?

• PengFeiYu
    PengFeiYu
    29 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Mixing own JSF inside WEB EGL

‏2013-11-15T06:51:45Z  

Hi,

In my opinion, EGL JSF is essentially no difference with pure JSF because everything is generated into Java code and deployed to Java EE compliant server runtime. So theoretically standalone JSF pages can be merged into existing EGL JSF project as long as they can running under the same JSF implementation (Off course users can use the highest JSF implementation for the merged EGL project due to the backward compatibility, but it's not officially supported).

Given that you are using RBD 8.1 (a little bit confused, because there is no 8.1 available, I assume the correct one is v8.0.1.x), the highest supported server runtime is Tomcat v6 and WAS v7.0, so the highest JSF implementation is 1.2.

Here are some of my thoughts to merge the standalone JSF pages into an existing EGL JSF project, hope this is helpful for you.

1. Copy the JSP pages into the <Target EGL JSF project>/WebContent/(subfolder).

2. Copy the Java code (if exist) to <Target EGL JSF project>/src. It is not suggested to copy them into <Target EGL JSP project>/EGLGen/JavaSource, this folder is for generated Java and the content may be changed. Here the Java code usually means the managed beans and other resources.

3. Merge other resources into target EGL JSF project, for example, jar files, css, images, etc.

4. Merge the Faces configurations into <Target EGL JSF project>/WebContent/WEB-INF/faces-config.xml. For example, the managed-bean and navigation-rule.

5. Other modifications in the JSP/JSFHandler/Managed Bean to make them work together?

I attached a sample project:

EGLWeb: EGL JSF project created by RBD 8.0.1.x on Tomcat v6, using SUN RI 1.1 as the JSF implementation.

ExternalWeb: JSF project created by Eclipse Jee Juno (4.2) on Tomcat v6, using SUN RI 1.1 as the JSF implementation.

MixedEGLWeb: The merged EGL JSF project which contains the ones above.

For RBD 8.5 and above, if users use WAS 8.0/8.5/8.5.5 as the target server runtime, then I think the standalone JSF pages can also created by JSF 2.0 and above (typically, it's facelet with xhtml format). I didn't tried that, but it should work fine. Other guys can correct me if I'm wrong or you have better solutions.

I hope the information above is useful for you, I'd suggest to open PMR to RBD support team if you encountered detailed problem.

Thanks & Regards

Attachments

• PengFeiYu
    PengFeiYu
    29 Posts

‏2013-11-15T06:51:45Z  

Hi,

In my opinion, EGL JSF is essentially no difference with pure JSF because everything is generated into Java code and deployed to Java EE compliant server runtime. So theoretically standalone JSF pages can be merged into existing EGL JSF project as long as they can running under the same JSF implementation (Off course users can use the highest JSF implementation for the merged EGL project due to the backward compatibility, but it's not officially supported).

Given that you are using RBD 8.1 (a little bit confused, because there is no 8.1 available, I assume the correct one is v8.0.1.x), the highest supported server runtime is Tomcat v6 and WAS v7.0, so the highest JSF implementation is 1.2.

Here are some of my thoughts to merge the standalone JSF pages into an existing EGL JSF project, hope this is helpful for you.

2. Copy the Java code (if exist) to <Target EGL JSF project>/src. It is not suggested to copy them into <Target EGL JSP project>/EGLGen/JavaSource, this folder is for generated Java and the content may be changed. Here the Java code usually means the managed beans and other resources.

3. Merge other resources into target EGL JSF project, for example, jar files, css, images, etc.

4. Merge the Faces configurations into <Target EGL JSF project>/WebContent/WEB-INF/faces-config.xml. For example, the managed-bean and navigation-rule.

5. Other modifications in the JSP/JSFHandler/Managed Bean to make them work together?

EGLWeb: EGL JSF project created by RBD 8.0.1.x on Tomcat v6, using SUN RI 1.1 as the JSF implementation.

ExternalWeb: JSF project created by Eclipse Jee Juno (4.2) on Tomcat v6, using SUN RI 1.1 as the JSF implementation.

For RBD 8.5 and above, if users use WAS 8.0/8.5/8.5.5 as the target server runtime, then I think the standalone JSF pages can also created by JSF 2.0 and above (typically, it's facelet with xhtml format). I didn't tried that, but it should work fine. Other guys can correct me if I'm wrong or you have better solutions.

I hope the information above is useful for you, I'd suggest to open PMR to RBD support team if you encountered detailed problem.

Thanks & Regards

Attachments

• filip_matosic
    filip_matosic
    22 Posts

‏2013-11-15T12:40:03Z  
    • PengFeiYu
    • ‏2013-11-15T06:51:45Z

Hi,

Thanks & Regards

Thx, helped alot