Topic
  • 7 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2015-07-24T07:45:56Z by Sascha165
rdwelling
rdwelling
8 Posts

Pinned topic Nested SysML Proxy Ports

‏2013-12-17T19:53:58Z |

How does one represent nested proxy ports in RHP 8.0.5 for SysML? I've read the two help features but they are not very helpful.

(See attached file.) I have a proxy port p1 typed by Interface Block I1 on a block. Then I created proxy port p2 typed by I2 on the Interface Block I1. In an ibd I show the owning block with port p1:I1 on its boundary. Since the Interface Block apparently can't live on the block boundary, I thought I could drag I1 to the diagram and link p1 and p2 to establish the nesting but get only "Can't create link" messages. I then dragged port p1 to the diagram where it displayed port p2 on its boundary (as it is typed by I1). I was able to link the p1:I1 and p2:I2 but the connector ends show as both being p1. This feature appears clunky and is puzzling.

Attachments

Updated on 2013-12-17T20:09:12Z at 2013-12-17T20:09:12Z by rdwelling
  • AE91_SHINJI_KANAI
    AE91_SHINJI_KANAI
    199 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Nested SysML Proxy Ports

‏2013-12-21T12:07:40Z  
    • rdwelling
    • ‏2013-12-19T14:57:30Z

Try these.

Hello,

Instead of dropping I1 (InterfaceBlock) into IDB, I created a part having <port>:I1 on its boundary and link to p1:I1 as seen attached image, it looks like working for me (see Nested_ProxyPort.png). As additional information, Rhapsody doesn't support Nested Port Notation as defined
    in SysML v1.3 specification (link to related RFE) as of today, and multiplicity on Proxy Port (connecting more than on internal parts to a proxy) doesn't seem to me working in Code Generation. Perhaps, my design/setting is incorrect. Please correct me if I'm missing something here, thank you. 

Best Regards,

--Shinji

Attachments

• AE91_SHINJI_KANAI
    AE91_SHINJI_KANAI
    199 Posts

‏2013-12-19T01:44:11Z  

Hi rdwelling,

Please upload the image again, I find it's corrupted. Thank you.

--Shinji

• rdwelling
    rdwelling
    8 Posts

‏2013-12-19T14:57:30Z  

Hi rdwelling,

Please upload the image again, I find it's corrupted. Thank you.

--Shinji

Try these.

• AE91_SHINJI_KANAI
    AE91_SHINJI_KANAI
    199 Posts

‏2013-12-21T12:07:40Z  
    • rdwelling
    • ‏2013-12-19T14:57:30Z

Try these.

Hello,

Instead of dropping I1 (InterfaceBlock) into IDB, I created a part having <port>:I1 on its boundary and link to p1:I1 as seen attached image, it looks like working for me (see Nested_ProxyPort.png). As additional information, Rhapsody doesn't support Nested Port Notation as defined
    in SysML v1.3 specification (link to related RFE) as of today, and multiplicity on Proxy Port (connecting more than on internal parts to a proxy) doesn't seem to me working in Code Generation. Perhaps, my design/setting is incorrect. Please correct me if I'm missing something here, thank you. 

Best Regards,

--Shinji

Attachments

• rdwelling
    rdwelling
    8 Posts

‏2013-12-21T22:32:58Z  

Hello,

Best Regards,

--Shinji

Thank you, Shinji.

This clarifies Rhapsody's nested port capability, which was my actual question. We'll continue to use work-arounds.

Dick

• AE91_SHINJI_KANAI
    AE91_SHINJI_KANAI
    199 Posts

‏2015-07-20T04:52:27Z  

Rhapsody v8.1.3 now support Nested Ports notation only (no code generation, etc). The notation can be applied only for SysML Full Port & Proxy Port. See the attached image.

Attachments

• ultimatejoker
    ultimatejoker
    16 Posts

‏2015-07-21T08:44:51Z  

Rhapsody v8.1.3 now support Nested Ports notation only (no code generation, etc). The notation can be applied only for SysML Full Port & Proxy Port. See the attached image.

Instructions for using nested ports:

https://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSB2MU_8.1.3/com.ibm.rhp.sysml.doc/topics/rhp_t_using_nested_ports.html

• Sascha165
    Sascha165
    16 Posts

‏2015-07-24T07:45:56Z  

Hello,

Here a hint about it:

For proxy ports the Ports menue with the helper to "Allow Nesting" is only visible if an InterfaceBlock has been assigned to the proxyport. A newly created proxyport with a StubInterface block will not allow you to do so.

For flow ports ths restriction does not apply as you are forced to define a type during creation.

Regards,

Sascha