Topic
  • 6 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2016-09-02T09:42:22Z by ManasRJ
ManasRJag
ManasRJag
1 Post

Pinned topic Managing supplemental attributes in Hybrid in case of linkage change through "Data change Broadcast" feature

‏2016-02-02T18:09:02Z | mdm-migration

In the hybrid architecture, the MDM core attributes are getting persisted from virtual to physical.I.e the composite view is getting persisted in ERM/Full persistence mode and there is a separate set of services through which Party privacy preference is getting persisted along side this composite view from virtual.

But whenever a linkage change is happening, lets say two singleton entity are getting linked post an update to one of the singleton entity, then ths change in linkage is notified from virtual to physical through event notification framework and subsequently the entries in physical is getting changed. But in infocenter it says, the movement of supplemental attributes from one entity to another would be taken care through the data change broadcast as per the below link. So could anyone please tell me which all places I need to customize for the "data change detection broadcast" to move this supplemental attributes to the surviving entity in case of a linkage change?

https://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/?lang=en#!/SSWSR9_11.4.0/com.ibm.swg.im.mdmhs.hybrid.setup.doc/topics/accounting_for_supplemental_attributes.html

Thanks,

Manas

• KaranBal
    KaranBal
    227 Posts

Re: Managing supplemental attributes in Hybrid in case of linkage change through "Data change Broadcast" feature

‏2016-02-09T20:13:07Z  

Supplemental attributes (by definition) only exist in physical MDM and not virtual MDM. So for your question, you can't broadcast changes or make them persist from one side to another; they only exist in physical MDM.

• ManasRJ
    ManasRJ
    3 Posts

Re: Managing supplemental attributes in Hybrid in case of linkage change through "Data change Broadcast" feature

‏2016-04-18T09:14:36Z  
    • KaranBal
    • ‏2016-02-09T20:13:07Z

Supplemental attributes (by definition) only exist in physical MDM and not virtual MDM. So for your question, you can't broadcast changes or make them persist from one side to another; they only exist in physical MDM.

Hi KaranBal,
    Thanks for replying. My understand supplemental attribute is solely for physical and virtual does not know a thing about it.
    My questions was if due to any update to member record in virtual, any split in linkage happens then will the persist entity txn will take care of moving the suppl. attributes to the new party_id? Will it delete the previous supplemental records from the associated tables from physical?
    I believe it does not support this out-of-the-box, so there needs to be some configuration or coding required to meet this requirement. I just wondering where it should go, any idea?
    Any help is really appreciated.

Thanks,
    Manas

• KaranBal
    KaranBal
    227 Posts

‏2016-04-18T17:42:26Z  
    • ManasRJ
    • ‏2016-04-18T09:14:36Z

Hi KaranBal,
    Thanks for replying. My understand supplemental attribute is solely for physical and virtual does not know a thing about it.
    My questions was if due to any update to member record in virtual, any split in linkage happens then will the persist entity txn will take care of moving the suppl. attributes to the new party_id? Will it delete the previous supplemental records from the associated tables from physical?
    I believe it does not support this out-of-the-box, so there needs to be some configuration or coding required to meet this requirement. I just wondering where it should go, any idea?
    Any help is really appreciated.

Thanks,
    Manas

Attributes are for member records and not entities. So if the member moves from 1 party or entity to another, it's supplemental attributes would move too and show up in new entity or party. Same as in other non critical data elements before hybrid.

• ManasRJ
    ManasRJ
    3 Posts

‏2016-04-18T19:32:30Z  
    • KaranBal
    • ‏2016-04-18T17:42:26Z

Attributes are for member records and not entities. So if the member moves from 1 party or entity to another, it's supplemental attributes would move too and show up in new entity or party. Same as in other non critical data elements before hybrid.

Hi KaranBal,

For the below scenario will the persist entity txn will move the attributes automatically?

Before Linkage:

Member1|Entity1|Party1|supplemental attribute1

Member2 |Entity2|Party2|supplemental attribute 2

After Linkage: Supplental attribute 1 will be persisted as its oldest

Member1|Entity1|Party3|supplemental attribute1

Member2 |Entity1|Party3|supplemental attribute 1

Will it taken care OOTB?

Thanks,

Manas

• KaranBal
    KaranBal
    227 Posts

‏2016-04-21T16:49:22Z  
    • ManasRJ
    • ‏2016-04-18T19:32:30Z

Hi KaranBal,

For the below scenario will the persist entity txn will move the attributes automatically?

Before Linkage:

Member1|Entity1|Party1|supplemental attribute1

Member2 |Entity2|Party2|supplemental attribute 2

After Linkage: Supplental attribute 1 will be persisted as its oldest

Member1|Entity1|Party3|supplemental attribute1

Member2 |Entity1|Party3|supplemental attribute 1

Will it taken care OOTB?

Thanks,

Manas

Members will still have what they have unless you merge them.  Entities is an SE concept and supplemental attributes do not exist in SE. For golden view, your rules of survivorship will come into effect to determine what is preserved. For all intents and purposes, you can think of supplemental attributes as any regular attributes for AE. Hybrid only impacts data entry, not collapsing or golden view.

• ManasRJ
    ManasRJ
    3 Posts

‏2016-09-02T09:42:22Z  
    • KaranBal
    • ‏2016-04-21T16:49:22Z

Members will still have what they have unless you merge them.  Entities is an SE concept and supplemental attributes do not exist in SE. For golden view, your rules of survivorship will come into effect to determine what is preserved. For all intents and purposes, you can think of supplemental attributes as any regular attributes for AE. Hybrid only impacts data entry, not collapsing or golden view.

Thanks KaranBal for your reply.

Sorry for late response and  re-initiating this thread.

In Hybrid MDM whenever any persisted entity is getting moved or deleted, its associated supplemental attributes are not moved automatically, so to implement that behaviour we figured out from IBM Infosphere knowledge centre that it can be achieved by using the "Data change broadcast" mechanism and "DeleteHybridPartyBroadcast" behavior extension of physical MDM.

So if we broadcast the TCMRAdminContequivBObj before image and after image message to the broadcast queue, then is there any internal mechanism which will consume the CONT_ID before entity movement and after entity movement from the queue and manage the supplemental attribute accordingly or how this will help? In our case we are using the physical MDM's Question/Answer module for storing the supplemental attribute.

Please let me know if you are still not getting the problem statement. Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Manas