IC SunsetThe developerWorks Connections platform will be sunset on December 31, 2019. On January 1, 2020, this forum will no longer be available. More details available on our FAQ.
Topic
  • 1 reply
  • Latest Post - ‏2019-09-05T18:26:05Z by fincherjc
Jelle99
Jelle99
8 Posts

Pinned topic IBM V7000 battery error_sequence_number

‏2019-09-05T08:08:46Z |

I have a battery in a V7000 that has been changing the error_sequence_number when running lsenclosurebattery -battery 1 1

First the data was 120, then it changed to 107, and now it is 141. I have been experimenting a bit with it just to figure out how this works, I have a few batteries that are dead, but I would like to know what makes them dead.

I cannot find anywhere on google where you can see what these numbers mean. The only description I can find is this:

error_sequence_number Indicates the error log number of the highest priority error for this object. This is typically blank; however, if there is a problem (for example, the status has degraded), then it contains the sequence number of that error.

I'd say there has to be a place where you can see what the data here actually means, does anyone know?

• fincherjc
    fincherjc
    6 Posts

Re: IBM V7000 battery error_sequence_number

‏2019-09-05T18:26:05Z  

Hello Jelle99,

The error sequence number field provides the sequence number of the event in the error log. Presumably you would be able to see what is happening using the following CLI svcinfo lseventlog 141

Please let us know what you find when you check this.