Topic
  • 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2014-08-14T07:57:08Z by YahaSun
YahaSun
YahaSun
8 Posts

Pinned topic Run Jaql from Eclipse user id doesn't match

‏2014-08-01T17:31:01Z |
I am new to BigInsights. Following the tutorial to run my first Jaql program from Eclipse via
I got this error , "The operation system user *** must match the BigInsights user id."

Then I was informed to set proxy user. via

I then created new user with the same name as my operation system user. and update the $BIGINSIGHTS_HOME/hdm/hadoop-conf-staging/core-site.xml as per the instructions. However, I got bellow error when synchronizing the configuration of hadoop.

$BIGINSIGHTS_HOME/bin/syncconf.sh hadoop --force

Error message as bellow: 
[INFO] Progress - 15%
[INFO] Progress - Sync config hadoop
[INFO] Cluster - Reload configuration ...
[INFO] HadoopConf - Hadoop conf saved to /opt/ibm/biginsights/hdm/hadoop-conf-staging
[INFO] Cluster - Repack ... /opt/ibm/biginsights/hdm/todeploy/ihc-conf.tar.gz
[INFO] HdmUtil - Install configuration has changed in the system, reloading...
[INFO] Cluster - Repack ... /opt/ibm/biginsights/hdm/todeploy/ihc-conf.tar.gz@bivm.ibm.com
[INFO] @bivm.ibm.com - Deploy ... ihc-conf@bivm.ibm.com
[INFO] @bivm.ibm.com - Packages all up-to-date, after deploy [ihc-conf]
[INFO] Progress - 23%
[INFO] Deployer - config linux task controller start 
[INFO] @bivm.ibm.com - Create task-controller configuration directory
[ERROR] @bivm.ibm.com - java.io.IOException: exit code: 255 -- "/opt/ibm/biginsights/hdm/bin/_ssh-remote.exp" "{xor}Lz4sLCgwLTs=" "ssh" "-o" "NumberOfPasswordPrompts=1" "root@bivm.ibm.com" "/opt/ibm/biginsights/bin/setup-ltc.sh /var/bi-task-controller-conf root biadmin"
Password: 
Permission denied (publickey,keyboard-interactive).

at com.ibm.xap.mgmt.util.ExecUtil.exec(ExecUtil.java:160)
        at com.ibm.xap.mgmt.util.ExecUtil.exec(ExecUtil.java:128)
        at com.ibm.xap.mgmt.hdm.AccountSshSetup.runAsRootRemote(AccountSshSetup.java:888)
        at com.ibm.xap.mgmt.hdm.AccountSshSetup.runAsRootRemote(AccountSshSetup.java:877)
        at com.ibm.xap.mgmt.hdm.AccountSshSetup.runAsRootRemote(AccountSshSetup.java:845)
        at com.ibm.xap.mgmt.hdm.LinuxTaskControllerSetup$TaskControllerConfigureTask.setupLTCConfDirAndPermissions(LinuxTaskControllerSetup.java:256)
        at com.ibm.xap.mgmt.hdm.LinuxTaskControllerSetup$TaskControllerConfigureTask.doTask(LinuxTaskControllerSetup.java:206)
        at com.ibm.xap.mgmt.util.Task.run(Task.java:83)
        at com.ibm.xap.mgmt.util.TaskRunner$1.run(TaskRunner.java:59)

I have two questions, 
1 when set proxy users, can I put wildcard (*) in $BIGINSIGHTS_HOME/hdm/hadoop-conf-staging/core-site.xml ? As per the instructions, that allows any user. 
2 Any idea on above errors of sync hadoop configuration?

Can anyone help me? Thanks in advance. 

• BenjaminNguyen
    BenjaminNguyen
    21 Posts

Re: Run Jaql from Eclipse user id doesn't match

‏2014-08-08T23:31:27Z  

Hi,

If you have trouble making the server user match your OS user, then you can do the opposite -- making your OS user match the server user. Try the following steps:

1- Create local OS user that is the same as server user; say user1. Skip this step if you already have such a user.

2- If your OS is Linux, switch user to user1 and start Eclipse.
        If your OS is Windows, start Eclipse using the runas command. Suppose before you start Eclipse as:
            C:\eclipse42\eclipse.exe
        now start Eclipse as
            C:\Windows\System32\runas.exe  /user:user1  "C:\eclipse42\eclipse.exe"

You should be able to run Jaql on Eclipse against that server now.

• YahaSun
    YahaSun
    8 Posts

Re: Run Jaql from Eclipse user id doesn't match

‏2014-08-14T07:57:08Z  

Hi,

If you have trouble making the server user match your OS user, then you can do the opposite -- making your OS user match the server user. Try the following steps:

1- Create local OS user that is the same as server user; say user1. Skip this step if you already have such a user.

2- If your OS is Linux, switch user to user1 and start Eclipse.
        If your OS is Windows, start Eclipse using the runas command. Suppose before you start Eclipse as:
            C:\eclipse42\eclipse.exe
        now start Eclipse as
            C:\Windows\System32\runas.exe  /user:user1  "C:\eclipse42\eclipse.exe"

You should be able to run Jaql on Eclipse against that server now.

Hi Benjamin, 

Thanks for your inspiration. run as another user works on my side. : )