2 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-07-18T16:23:51Z by KE5W_Mihai_Preda
KE5W_Mihai_Preda
KE5W_Mihai_Preda
4 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic ODBC driver Win7 32bit

‏2013-04-29T15:48:57Z |

Hi,

I am trying to move our Sage Accpac db from db2 9.1 to 10.1 by doing an accpac dump and load. Accpac requires an odbc connection to communicate with db2 which in v9.1 is done via the "First Steps" application that comes with db2 server client 9.1. Unfortunately in v10.1 that capability has been removed from "first steps" and the odbc connection needs be done manually. My server is a CentOS machine running db2 10.1 32bit.

I have configured the odbc connection manually and when i test it, it's giving me a positive reply, but when i try to connect Accpac, the connection fails with an error that states the db is unaccessible. Now going back to db2 v9.1, if i attempt to configure the odbc connection manually, i get a similar error.

Is there an automated way of configuring the odbc connector in v10.1?

• KE5W_Mihai_Preda
    KE5W_Mihai_Preda
    4 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: ODBC driver Win7 32bit

‏2013-04-29T20:19:13Z  in response to KE5W_Mihai_Preda

After through reading of the documentation and following the procedure of registering the ODBC driver with the Microsoft ODBC driver manager, i'm still were i've started.

When i run db2cli install -setup i get the following:

c:\Program Files\IBM\SQLLIB\BIN>db2cli.exe install -setup
    IBM DATABASE 2 Interactive CLI Sample Program
    (C) COPYRIGHT International Business Machines Corp. 1993,1996
    All Rights Reserved
    Licensed Materials - Property of IBM
    US Government Users Restricted Rights - Use, duplication or
    disclosure restricted by GSA ADP Schedule Contract with IBM Corp.

c:\Program Files\IBM\SQLLIB\BIN>
    • KE5W_Mihai_Preda
      KE5W_Mihai_Preda
      4 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: ODBC driver Win7 32bit

‏2013-07-18T16:23:51Z  in response to KE5W_Mihai_Preda

I was able to connect to db2 10.5 express c using an old client for v 9.1 and restore the ACCPAC db to db2 v10.5 which Sage doesn't support because of some licensing agreement they have with MS forcing people to MSSQL and Windows Server

ACCPAC 5.4A Lan Pack