Topic
  • 1 reply
  • Latest Post - ‏2014-03-31T21:10:26Z by JillD
JillD
JillD
11 Posts

Pinned topic Can FIELDPROC exit routines be re-entrant?

‏2014-03-16T16:04:24Z |

In my initial testing of exit routines it seems that although we have coded the exit routine to be re-entrant (*INLR is not being set on at program return), every execution of it in a batch program that I am testing goes through the *INZR routine. 

Is it not possible for the exit routines to be re-entrant?  It is coded with THREAD(*SERIALIZE), DFTACTGRP(*NO) and ACTGRP(*CALLER).

We'd like it to be re-entrant so that a batch process that will execute the exit routine upon every record it reads with a fieldproc can do work that involves opening and reading files in the first instance only.  This should help on our performance issues.

Thanks for any insight to be offered!

• JillD
    JillD
    11 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Can FIELDPROC exit routines be re-entrant?

‏2014-03-31T21:10:26Z  

Answering my own question.  Must be there was something wrong with the way I was testing because we have retested and see that the exit routines can indeed be re-entrant which works really well for not checking user authority each and every time a field is accessed.

• JillD
    JillD
    11 Posts

Re: Can FIELDPROC exit routines be re-entrant?

‏2014-03-31T21:10:26Z  

Answering my own question.  Must be there was something wrong with the way I was testing because we have retested and see that the exit routines can indeed be re-entrant which works really well for not checking user authority each and every time a field is accessed.