Topic
3 replies Latest Post - ‏2014-03-11T17:40:43Z by CostcoTravelLC
Stonger
Stonger
33 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Can't interact programatically with IE10

‏2013-10-29T21:22:33Z |

I am running RFT 8.5 on Windows 7. I do most of my testing in Chrome, which works fine, but I also need to do some testing with Internet Explorer.  I have IE10, and I'm having a lot of trouble getting RFT to recognize it.  I do have it enabled as a test environment and clicking the test button in the Enable Environments window results in a successful test every time.

Here is the method I have been using to get my BrowserTestObjects. (not sure how to format it as code, hopefully this works)

public static List<BrowserTestObject> getOpenBrowsers()
    {
ArrayList<BrowserTestObject> list = new ArrayList<BrowserTestObject>();
RootTestObject root = RootTestObject.getRootTestObject();

if (root != null)
{
   TestObject[] browsers = root.find(SubitemFactory.atDescendant(".class", "Html.HtmlBrowser"));
   for (TestObject to : browsers)
   {
if (to instanceof BrowserTestObject)
{
   list.add((BrowserTestObject) to);
}
   }
}
return list;
    }

I don't understand why this method won't also work for IE10. It used to work with IE8 back when I was running Windows XP.  When I record a script in IE10, I can see that it has a .class property of Html.HtmlBrowser.  Yet RFT fails to find it when I search for that property. The object inspector doesn't recognize anything in IE10, except for the window frame at the top, which has a .class property of IEFrame.  Searching by this property does work, but trying to cast it to a BrowserTestObject throws a class cast exception, I think because it is only the window and not the actual browser object. 

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Updated on 2013-10-29T21:25:30Z at 2013-10-29T21:25:30Z by Stonger
  • cagin.uludamar
    cagin.uludamar
    66 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Can't interact programatically with IE10

‏2013-11-07T13:21:27Z  in response to Stonger

Have you checked that RFT supports it?

• Stonger
      Stonger
      33 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-11-07T14:56:54Z  in response to cagin.uludamar

I have found this, which shows that it is indeed supported.

• CostcoTravelLC
    CostcoTravelLC
    4 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2014-03-11T17:40:43Z  in response to Stonger

We were having an issue (that might be somewhat similar) the culprit turned out to be IE10 running everything in compatibility mode, it seemed to interact badly with the rational add-in.  you can turn off compatibility mode by opening the browser hit Alt, open the tools menu, and open compatibility view settings. turn off compatibility view for everything, and the object inspector started identifying objects further down the tree