Topic
6 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-06-26T03:37:15Z by Rongali
Rongali
Rongali
10 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic How to display readonly property field in Add Document by using EDS ? And While Saving that read only property field should be commit to Document.

‏2013-06-11T08:42:49Z |

Dear All,

in one of my document class having 2 fields. Channel and Branch. Based on the channel(Drop down field) value we need to get the Branch(Text field) values. All Channel and Branch values are there in Database. Now i am able to get channel and branch values. Currently we able to change the Branch value and enter wrong value. but we need to restrict the changing of the branch value. to achieve this i make this branch value as Read only. while save the document Branch value is not updated to the document.

Could you please suggest me how to achieve this?

Thanks,

• nicolas.leralle
    nicolas.leralle
    100 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: How to display readonly property field in Add Document by using EDS ? And While Saving that read only property field should be commit to Document.

‏2013-06-11T14:54:46Z  in response to Rongali

Hi,

Using External Data Services you are able to handle Linked Choice List.

Lets say you have a document class with 2 fields:

- A => ChoiceList assigned

- B => Simple text field

You can easily implement a WebService which returns restricted values for your B field in a Choice List.

To come back to your problem, I think this problem was solved in the Fix Pack 1 : 

IO18111

Problem
    FileNet P8 properties that are set to read-only by an external data service (EDS) are not persisted.
    Resolution
    IBM Content Navigator, Version 2.0.1 Fix Pack 1 resolves this issue. 

Best regards,

Nicolas

• Rongali
      Rongali
      10 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: How to display readonly property field in Add Document by using EDS ? And While Saving that read only property field should be commit to Document.

‏2013-06-11T15:11:27Z  in response to nicolas.leralle

Hi Nicolas,

Thank you fro your replay.That fix is related to persistence. what ever values we retrieved from EDS is displayed and persistent in UI. but while submitting the values for commit. those  read only values are not updated to the document instance. the read only field is text field(not choice list / drop down value). The same issue happening for edit document also.

ex: Channel having values Channel1,channel2 ,channel3. respective dependent Branch values are branch1,branch2 and branch3.

i added one document with channel1 and branch1. now while edit the document i selected channel2 from drop down then or EDS service given respective branch2 values displayed in Branch field with read only. then clicked on save. then channel2 value updated but branch2 value is not updated.

Could you please recheck and suggest me to achieve this.

Thanks,

• nicolas.leralle
        nicolas.leralle
        100 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-06-11T15:16:49Z  in response to Rongali

Persistence here means saved in the P8 document properties.

When a value was set as "Read-Only" and changed by an EDS, it was not saved in the document properties when the form was submitted.

I'm quite sure this is we're talking about, can you confirm your ICN version to check that point?

Best regards,

Nicolas

• Rongali
          Rongali
          10 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-06-11T15:25:16Z  in response to nicolas.leralle

Yes, Your are correct.

My Query is "When a value was set as "Read-Only" and changed by an EDS, it was not saved in the document properties when the form was submitted."

Below are my ICN Versions

Version: 2.0.1
          Build: icn201.225

Thanks,

• nicolas.leralle
            nicolas.leralle
            100 Posts
            ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-06-11T15:31:29Z  in response to Rongali

I think you'll have to upgrade to 2.0.1.1 IF1 => build icn201.100.004.

Dana may confirm that point, as I'm not as familiar as he is with the build numbers.

Best regards,

Nicolas

• Rongali
              Rongali
              10 Posts
              ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-06-26T03:37:15Z  in response to nicolas.leralle

Hi Nicolas,

After installing the below  fix packs this issue is resolved. Thanks for your support.

Fix Packs Installed:

> IBM_Content_Navigator-2.0.1.100_Windows
              > IBM_Content_Navigator-2.0.1.100.IF1_Windows

Thanks you,