• 4 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-11-18T12:49:21Z by PaulLiskay
RFTworker
RFTworker
13 Posts

Pinned topic Disk space requirements to run RPT Scripts

‏2013-11-15T17:38:00Z |

Hello,

We have started executing our RPT Scripts on another server from Local host. I mean my RPT is located on mu Local and I access another server though URL when recording.

I keep hearing that the space on the Server where I am executing my scripts is less from one of the Programmer who maintains the server.

Will this be a problem for me to run 50 Virtual users on the server? What is the space requirement for the server to perform performance testing?

Please let me know if anyone knows about the space limit. I am not successful in running my scripts for 50 users on the serve till now.

Any help on this is very much appreciated

• AL1224
    AL1224
    15 Posts

Re: Disk space requirements to run RPT Scripts

‏2013-11-15T21:28:43Z  

Hello,

Here are the recomended hardware requirements for RPT 8.5 product:

http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/rpthelp/v8r5m0/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.rational.test.lt.install.doc%2Ftopics%2Fr_software_reqs.html

• RFTworker
    RFTworker
    13 Posts

‏2013-11-15T21:41:40Z  
    • AL1224
    • ‏2013-11-15T21:28:43Z

Thank you , But the above document, explains about requirements to have RPT install. But I have my RPT on my local , with the correct system requirements.

I just need to know that the server that I am running my schedules also need to have all the above requirements? specific space limitations? every time I access the server with the URL and it records fine, but when I run test for single user, it shows each page performance as 7 seconds which is not the actual time, compared to the reality.

please let me know if you need more details

• AL1224
    AL1224
    15 Posts

‏2013-11-15T22:10:56Z  

Hello,

the requirements listed in the site I sent you earlier applies to RPT Workbench and the Rational Performance Tester Agent. On the Server where users load is running, make sure at least 500 MB of disk space is required in the directory that you specify in the TEMP environment variable.

Also, you should pay close attention to the memory and disk space requirements. See Increasing memory allocation (http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/rpthelp/v8r5m0/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.rational.test.lt.install.doc%2Ftopics%2Fr_software_reqs.html) for more information on how to set the maximum heap size to avoid out-of-memory errors.

• PaulLiskay
    PaulLiskay
    847 Posts

‏2013-11-18T12:49:21Z  
    • RFTworker
    • ‏2013-11-15T21:41:40Z

Thank you , But the above document, explains about requirements to have RPT install. But I have my RPT on my local , with the correct system requirements.

I just need to know that the server that I am running my schedules also need to have all the above requirements? specific space limitations? every time I access the server with the URL and it records fine, but when I run test for single user, it shows each page performance as 7 seconds which is not the actual time, compared to the reality.

please let me know if you need more details

in general the http application server wouldn't need any more space usage just because the test is being played back by RPT.

The server doesn't know if the HTTP requests are coming from a live user with a browser or RPT.

Servers have limits.  Number max connections, etc would have to be increased for larger loads, configuring the server is specific as to what http server is being used: apache, IBM HTTP, Websphere, etc

The test log would have to be examined as to why some pages are taking 7 seconds, this would happen if invalid requests due to data correlation are being sent and the request is timing out

Updated on 2013-11-18T12:49:31Z at 2013-11-18T12:49:31Z by PaulLiskay