Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
8 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-06-24T03:14:17Z by DenisYip
graham40
graham40
53 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Install RDz,TXSeries,DB2,etc

‏2013-05-22T01:22:55Z |

Hello,

I have a new Windows 7 laptop and can start a new 'clean' life. I will install:  RDz 8.5, TXSeries 7.1, DB2 (not sure of appropriate version at this moment), probably HATS, probably CTG (if its available).

Is there a recommended/necessary order of installation. I am tired of reading this and that article that never really give definitive answers.

Please, thanks,
Graham Hobbs

• walexand
    walexand
    133 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Install RDz,TXSeries,DB2,etc

‏2013-05-30T16:34:33Z  in response to graham40

Have you had a chance to review the RDz Installation Guide (GI11-8297-07) ?    You can find it at the RDz Library: http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg27038516#85x

You should also note that HATS requires either RAD or RBD as a prerequisite.   Besides that, I think the order you list them in your original post should be fine.

• graham40
      graham40
      53 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-05-31T23:28:47Z  in response to walexand

Hello walexand,

Good pointers, cheers for confirming the order is fine. For HATS, one of:

RDB = RDB Synchronization, Transcoding and LDAP Directory Services in IBM WebSphere Everyplace Access Version 4.1.1?

RAD = Rapid Application Developer for Websphere?

(if I have the acronyms right?) is vital for HATS .. absolutely can't be done without one thereof? As crude as it might sound, can one manually or automate create what HATS needs from a BMS macro? Depending on what you say I may/may not take the IBM Education Assistant tutorial on HATS.

substantial thanks, Graham 

• DenisYip
      DenisYip
      14 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-06-24T03:14:17Z  in response to walexand

In RDz 8.5.1 client, do we still need to install TXSeries / DB2 Connect to allow RDz to do local syntax check for CICS / DB2 programs?