IC SunsetThe developerWorks Connections Platform is now in read-only mode and content is only available for viewing. No new wiki pages, posts, or messages may be added. Please see our FAQ for more information. The developerWorks Connections platform will officially shut down on March 31, 2020 and content will no longer be available. More details available on our FAQ. (Read in Japanese.)
Topic
  • 12 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2019-02-27T12:11:48Z by sulian
simsjl
simsjl
8 Posts

Pinned topic Permission issue

‏2017-10-26T20:46:49Z |

My account is marked as a administrator and license user but when i log in the GUI the option to "add stotrage system" is greyed out and says "you role or license does not allow this".

• Tony Narduzzi
    Tony Narduzzi
    76 Posts

Re: Permission issue

‏2017-10-26T21:10:12Z  

Hi Jonathan,

I am having a difficult time locating your Storage Insights instance.  Can you paste the URL of your Storage Insights user interface into this forum, or if you're uncomfortable doing that, I can provide you with my direct email address.  There's not enough information in your IBM developerworks profile for me to identify you within the Storage Insights infrastructure.

Thanks.

Tony Narduzzi

• simsjl
    simsjl
    8 Posts

‏2017-10-26T21:39:07Z  

Hi Jonathan,

I am having a difficult time locating your Storage Insights instance.  Can you paste the URL of your Storage Insights user interface into this forum, or if you're uncomfortable doing that, I can provide you with my direct email address.  There's not enough information in your IBM developerworks profile for me to identify you within the Storage Insights infrastructure.

Thanks.

Tony Narduzzi

https://91779d2e69e64489a731bc2172a94097.ib.ibmserviceengage.com/srm/gui#dashboard

• Tony Narduzzi
    Tony Narduzzi
    76 Posts

‏2017-10-26T21:45:28Z  
    • simsjl
    • ‏2017-10-26T21:39:07Z

Thank you for that - I found that your user ID is defined as a "user" and not as an Admin, which explains the message that you get.

How was your ID added to this instance?  I assume that an admin user added you through the products and services portal.  They should be able to elevate your privileges to admin.  If they are unable to, I would be interested to see the error that they receive.  If you see yourself in the UI as an admin, please take a screenshot showing me this and I can then figure out where the mismatch exists.

Thanks.

• simsjl
    simsjl
    8 Posts

‏2017-10-26T21:47:58Z  

Thank you for that - I found that your user ID is defined as a "user" and not as an Admin, which explains the message that you get.

How was your ID added to this instance?  I assume that an admin user added you through the products and services portal.  They should be able to elevate your privileges to admin.  If they are unable to, I would be interested to see the error that they receive.  If you see yourself in the UI as an admin, please take a screenshot showing me this and I can then figure out where the mismatch exists.

Thanks.

attached

• Tony Narduzzi
    Tony Narduzzi
    76 Posts

‏2017-10-26T23:47:17Z  
    • simsjl
    • ‏2017-10-26T21:47:58Z

attached

I found the problem and am investigating to find where exactly the process broke, such that this doesn't happen again.  In the worst case I can manually elevate your privileges, but as you seem to have exposed a new issue, I would like to spend a little time to understand exactly what went wrong and to put preventative measures in place to make sure this does not happen again. 

I will let you know the results and when it is fixed.  If you urgently require admin access we can certainly elevate your ID to admin manually.

Thanks.

• simsjl
    simsjl
    8 Posts

‏2017-10-26T23:49:29Z  

I found the problem and am investigating to find where exactly the process broke, such that this doesn't happen again.  In the worst case I can manually elevate your privileges, but as you seem to have exposed a new issue, I would like to spend a little time to understand exactly what went wrong and to put preventative measures in place to make sure this does not happen again. 

I will let you know the results and when it is fixed.  If you urgently require admin access we can certainly elevate your ID to admin manually.

Thanks.

Sometime tomorrow will be fine.... Even Monday if you need...

• Tony Narduzzi
    Tony Narduzzi
    76 Posts

‏2017-10-26T23:51:05Z  
    • simsjl
    • ‏2017-10-26T23:49:29Z

Sometime tomorrow will be fine.... Even Monday if you need...

Thank you for your flexibility on this.  I hope to have this answered and addressed soon, but your privileges will be updated regardless...

• Tony Narduzzi
    Tony Narduzzi
    76 Posts

‏2017-10-30T13:58:23Z  

I elevated your user ID to admin.  I noticed others were added as users as well - do they also need to be admins or not?

There's an issue that's being worked on to prevent this permissions issue from happening, but instead of waiting for that fix I have simply elevated your ID manually.  Please let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks.

• Svensson
    Svensson
    2 Posts

‏2019-02-25T12:57:39Z  

I elevated your user ID to admin.  I noticed others were added as users as well - do they also need to be admins or not?

There's an issue that's being worked on to prevent this permissions issue from happening, but instead of waiting for that fix I have simply elevated your ID manually.  Please let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks.

Hi!

We have the same problem with permissions. When trying to add a storage system it says "your role does not allow you to perform this action"
    We use the free edtion and we have the role Subscription administrator + License user

Thanks

Stefan

Updated on 2019-02-25T12:59:30Z at 2019-02-25T12:59:30Z by Svensson
  • sulian
    sulian
    5 Posts

‏2019-02-27T09:30:26Z  
    • Svensson
    • ‏2019-02-25T12:57:39Z

Hi!

We have the same problem with permissions. When trying to add a storage system it says "your role does not allow you to perform this action"
    We use the free edtion and we have the role Subscription administrator + License user

Thanks

Stefan

Hi Stefan,

I addressed this issue in the case you have open.

Thanks.

Patrice

• Svensson
    Svensson
    2 Posts

‏2019-02-27T12:05:51Z  
    • sulian
    • ‏2019-02-27T09:30:26Z

Hi Stefan,

I addressed this issue in the case you have open.

Thanks.

Patrice

Hi

Thanks alot for the help.

The support team have solved the issue with our rights.

It is working now

Thanks.

Stefan

• sulian
    sulian
    5 Posts

‏2019-02-27T12:11:48Z  
    • Svensson
    • ‏2019-02-27T12:05:51Z

Hi

Thanks alot for the help.

The support team have solved the issue with our rights.

It is working now

Thanks.

Stefan

Thanks for the feedback.

yes, I made the changes.

Thanks and have a nice day!

Patrice