1 reply Latest Post - ‏2014-01-06T17:28:59Z by lucio.correia
thib
thib
15 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Installation Toolkit : proxy support

‏2014-01-03T18:26:05Z |

Hello,

I am using the Installation Toolkit for PowerLinux on my infrastructure which access the Internet behind a proxy. Please correct me if I am wrong, but the current version of the toolkit has two drawbacks regarding such situations :

- it queries the network although it cannot be accessed, causing useless delays in the process of installation

- there is no menu to configure proxy, and it must be configured by hand after the installation of the OS

Could you add support for proxy access to internet (which is very common among customers) and could you add an option to prevent the installer to try to access the internet when it's impossible by infrastructure where it is used ?

Thanks,

Thibaud.

• lucio.correia
    lucio.correia
    16 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Installation Toolkit : proxy support

‏2014-01-06T17:28:59Z  in response to thib

Hi Thibaud,

Thanks for the feedback. It's very important for making Installation Toolkit better for our customers.

Installation Toolkit queries network at different moments of installation (wizard, distro installation, firstboot, etc.). Could you please specify at which phase you noticed those delays?

Regarding the proxy configuration, we will analyze the inclusion of the feature in next releases.

Regards,

Lucio