Topic
1 reply Latest Post - ‏2013-09-16T02:59:12Z by Dave-Robinson
JirongHu
JirongHu
680 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Is there a way to copy a directory tree from one stream to another?

‏2013-09-10T01:10:16Z |

Hi

We have a team want to copy a directory tree (the root names "payment" and its parent names "workspace") from one stream to another. They can't do a deliver because they don't want anything else. The cset.pl can't be used as well. 

1. I using "ln" for the directory to avoid evil-twin, but found I have to do this for each directory in the tree.

2. I tried to do a merge, also found I have to do this for each directory in the tree.

I tried above for both "payment" and "worksapce" folder, same result. I expect both ln and merge of the directory would bring in all the subfoders, but not.

What's the best way to get this done?

Jirong

• Dave-Robinson
    Dave-Robinson
    116 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Is there a way to copy a directory tree from one stream to another?

‏2013-09-16T02:59:12Z  in response to JirongHu

1.  I assume you must have tried "ln -s"  (symbolic line) since you cannot hard link directories.

This would probably be a bad way  to do it, although I really don't have a good guess at the details of what you did.

2. "merge" is the right way to do it. Again you give no details, but a single "merge" will not do it. You need to use Merge Manager or findmerge, because of course you want to bring in the subfolders, which have their own version trees.