IC5Notice: We have upgraded developerWorks Community to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
Topic
  • 14 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-12-12T02:34:46Z by ShuiYan
ShuiYan
ShuiYan
5 Posts

Pinned topic How to use CQSession.WebUserLogin method ?

‏2013-12-09T06:39:13Z |

Dear all,

In CQJNI.jar, there a method WebUserLogin of com.rational.clearquest.cqjni.CQSession.WebUserLogin(String arg0, String arg1, String arg2, String arg3, String arg4, String arg5), I have not found out the relative JavaDoc about it. Who can help me  tell me how to use it ?

Thank you very much!

ShuiYan

shuiyan@cn.ibm.cm

• DonaldN
    DonaldN
    249 Posts

Re: How to use CQSession.WebUserLogin method ?

‏2013-12-09T23:03:17Z  

It has never been officially supported to use CQJNI.jar directly. I would suggest you not using it this way. Otherwise, you may have some maintenance nightmare down the track.

If you want to connect to a ClearQuest Web server remotely, use OSLC API instead.

• CQAdmin
    CQAdmin
    103 Posts

‏2013-12-10T03:05:56Z  
    This reply was deleted by ShuiYan 2013-12-10T03:14:16Z. Reason for deletion: ignore this response

Few useful Tech Notes on OSLC API-

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21645994

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21645992

• CQAdmin
    CQAdmin
    103 Posts

‏2013-12-10T03:07:55Z  
    This reply was deleted by ShuiYan 2013-12-10T03:14:16Z. Reason for deletion: ignore this response

Few more links to use CQ Web through URLs (without OSLC)-

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21373106

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21214623

• ShuiYan
    ShuiYan
    5 Posts

‏2013-12-10T03:14:28Z  
    • DonaldN
    • ‏2013-12-09T23:03:17Z

It has never been officially supported to use CQJNI.jar directly. I would suggest you not using it this way. Otherwise, you may have some maintenance nightmare down the track.

If you want to connect to a ClearQuest Web server remotely, use OSLC API instead.

Dear Donald,

I did some survey about OSLC and know about the samples about RTC, but I have not found some sample about CQ and I also still need some time to learn it, my project work needs me to deal with this, could you kindly help me about this cqsession.webuserlogin() method usage or what meaning the each parameter is ?

Thank you very much!

ShuiYan

• DonaldN
    DonaldN
    249 Posts

‏2013-12-10T03:36:43Z  
    • ShuiYan
    • ‏2013-12-10T03:14:28Z

Dear Donald,

I did some survey about OSLC and know about the samples about RTC, but I have not found some sample about CQ and I also still need some time to learn it, my project work needs me to deal with this, could you kindly help me about this cqsession.webuserlogin() method usage or what meaning the each parameter is ?

Thank you very much!

ShuiYan

I don't have any experience of this particular API. And most importantly, I don't know whether that particular function call works or not. Note that the ability to connect to a ClearQuest Web server was introduced in ClearQuest 7.1.x along with "ClearQuest Team API" which is already deprecated. OSLC API is the only supported API besides the traditional "native" API that you will use in Perl and/or VBScript.

• pdubovitsky
    pdubovitsky
    376 Posts

‏2013-12-10T11:56:06Z  
    • ShuiYan
    • ‏2013-12-10T03:14:28Z

Dear Donald,

Thank you very much!

ShuiYan

Is there any particular reason why you would like to use "WebUserLogon" instead of "UserLogon"? It is undocumented, and you are on your own when using it. The parameters are:

username
    password
    display
    hostname
    DB
    DBSet

In addition to UserLogon, it has two additional parameters to pass to the license server: the host name to be used for statistics (hostname), and another parameter that would switch between operating system user name and ClearQuest Web user name to be passed (display). 

Pavel

• ShuiYan
    ShuiYan
    5 Posts

‏2013-12-11T03:06:59Z  

Is there any particular reason why you would like to use "WebUserLogon" instead of "UserLogon"? It is undocumented, and you are on your own when using it. The parameters are:

username
    password
    display
    hostname
    DB
    DBSet

In addition to UserLogon, it has two additional parameters to pass to the license server: the host name to be used for statistics (hostname), and another parameter that would switch between operating system user name and ClearQuest Web user name to be passed (display). 

Pavel

Because UserLogin method needs local macine has been installed with CQ client, I just want to use cqjni java api without cq client installation on local machine. Does WebUserLogon also need CQ client installation ? If yes, it is still not what I want. If no, I want to use it without CQ client installation on local machine.

Thank you very much.
    ShuiYan
  • ShuiYan
    ShuiYan
    5 Posts

‏2013-12-11T03:16:43Z  
    • CQAdmin
    • ‏2013-12-10T03:07:55Z

Very good links. I can use it to integrated CQ web page with my release system.

Thank you very much!

ShuiYan

• pdubovitsky
    pdubovitsky
    376 Posts

‏2013-12-11T03:16:51Z  
    • ShuiYan
    • ‏2013-12-11T03:06:59Z
    Because UserLogin method needs local macine has been installed with CQ client, I just want to use cqjni java api without cq client installation on local machine. Does WebUserLogon also need CQ client installation ? If yes, it is still not what I want. If no, I want to use it without CQ client installation on local machine.

Thank you very much.
    ShuiYan

Yes, in order to use cqjni you need to have CQ installed. WebUserLogin would not help you.
    If you prefer to use remote CQWeb server, you should consider OSLC REST API.

Pavel

• DonaldN
    DonaldN
    249 Posts

‏2013-12-11T03:17:24Z  
    • ShuiYan

Thank you very much.
    ShuiYan

OSLC API is the only API that you can use to _remotely_ connect to a ClearQuest Web server. Other ClearQuest APIs including the now deprecated Team/CM API require local ClearQuest client installation.

• CQAdmin
    CQAdmin
    103 Posts

‏2013-12-11T03:20:07Z  
    • ShuiYan
    • ‏2013-12-11T03:16:43Z

Very good links. I can use it to integrated CQ web page with my release system.

Thank you very much!

ShuiYan

You are Welcome

:)

• DonaldN
    DonaldN
    249 Posts

‏2013-12-11T04:06:08Z  
    • ShuiYan

Thank you very much.
    ShuiYan

Some information in a very old post explains why the ClearQuest client installation is required for ClearQuest API to function.

https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/forums/html/topic?id=77777777-0000-0000-0000-000013915987

• GlennSkinner
    GlennSkinner
    58 Posts

‏2013-12-11T15:12:35Z  
    • ShuiYan

Thank you very much.
    ShuiYan

If you would like to see a perl example of using the OSLC to submit a defect record, there is an example over on Clearquest Corner. Look for the October 8th post. The example includes session management.

https://www.facebook.com/GSCQ2

• ShuiYan
    ShuiYan
    5 Posts

‏2013-12-12T02:34:46Z  

username
    password
    display
    hostname
    DB
    DBSet

Pavel

I can understand the parameter (username,password,DB,DBSet), but I don't understand the parameters(display,hostname), could you kindly help give some instruction, sample parameter data is welcome.

Thank you very much!

ShuiYan