• Latest Post - ‏2014-01-09T18:22:01Z by Bzoo
Bzoo
Bzoo
71 Posts

Pinned topic Remove option on database

‏2014-01-09T15:09:56Z |
All:

I had a schema "MYSCHEMA"  and a test database "MYTST"
These have no relationship to the production schema/database.
I applied the "Remove" option on the database "MYTST".
Now the link is gone in the senese that I could not see the 
database in the CQ Designer.

The physical database MYTST exists. and I can see the schema
""MYSCHEMA" in the CQDesigner and I would like to link  them.
I am looking for undelete option. But, I could not find it. Can some body help me with that.

Thanks for your help

Bzoo
  • GlennSkinner
    GlennSkinner
    58 Posts

Re: Remove option on database

‏2014-01-09T17:26:42Z  

Is this the test database from your January 6th post? If so, you cannot undo or "link up" that deleted database.

If this is a test database that was deleted without an undo checkout being applied to the schema, you can launch the legacy designer and from the database menu there is an undelete option. If the database can be undeleted, then you will see it as an option

• Bzoo
    Bzoo
    71 Posts

‏2014-01-09T17:56:10Z  

Is this the test database from your January 6th post? If so, you cannot undo or "link up" that deleted database.

If this is a test database that was deleted without an undo checkout being applied to the schema, you can launch the legacy designer and from the database menu there is an undelete option. If the database can be undeleted, then you will see it as an option

HI Glenn:

This is not the database reported on Jan 6th.  That was  answered by Doanld and it is settled. 

This is a different database. This is an independent schema/database. 

Undo checkout was not done on this.

The CQ Designer  shows  that  checkin option is green ( meaning that it is checked out)

and the Undo Checkout option is red x.

But, the Clearquset  Database Admin tab does not show the database. I don't see any undelete option.

Assuming that it can not be restored via undelete option, is there any other way, I can link them back.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Bzoo

• GlennSkinner
    GlennSkinner
    58 Posts

‏2014-01-09T18:10:16Z  
    • Bzoo
    • ‏2014-01-09T17:56:10Z

HI Glenn:

This is not the database reported on Jan 6th.  That was  answered by Doanld and it is settled. 

This is a different database. This is an independent schema/database. 

Undo checkout was not done on this.

The CQ Designer  shows  that  checkin option is green ( meaning that it is checked out)

and the Undo Checkout option is red x.

But, the Clearquset  Database Admin tab does not show the database. I don't see any undelete option.

Assuming that it can not be restored via undelete option, is there any other way, I can link them back.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Bzoo

Just to clarify, this deleted database was deleted from the same dbset as you are now trying to undelete, this is correct?

On the database admin tab, there is a button to show deleted databases, it is under this view that you don't see the database name?

If you have clicked on show deleted databases and the database you are trying to undelete is not listed you cannot re-link this database. You can try as a double check running cqdesign.exe from the run line to launch the legacy designer. From the database menu, you can select undelete databases and see if it is listed there. If not, the database cannot be restored

• Bzoo
    Bzoo
    71 Posts

‏2014-01-09T18:22:01Z  

Just to clarify, this deleted database was deleted from the same dbset as you are now trying to undelete, this is correct?

On the database admin tab, there is a button to show deleted databases, it is under this view that you don't see the database name?

If you have clicked on show deleted databases and the database you are trying to undelete is not listed you cannot re-link this database. You can try as a double check running cqdesign.exe from the run line to launch the legacy designer. From the database menu, you can select undelete databases and see if it is listed there. If not, the database cannot be restored

Hi Glenn:

You made my day. I see the button  that lists all deleted databases and I see my favorite database

and I can see the undelete option..Now, I can proceed.

Thanks a million for your help.

Regards,

Bzoo.