8 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-01-04T19:28:32Z by GlenSakuth
AmeyJoshi14
AmeyJoshi14
8 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Unable to see the dmrefresh command in bin for Netezza replication

‏2012-12-20T20:11:39Z |

Hi,

I am unable to see the dmrefresh command in bin folder for Netezza database replication.
But we can see/run dmrefresh in bin folder for  Datastage Replication.

Are this command the specific to databases?

Appreciate all your help!!

Thanks!!

Updated on 2013-01-04T19:28:32Z at 2013-01-04T19:28:32Z by GlenSakuth
  • Rphilo
    Rphilo
    340 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Unable to see the dmrefresh command in bin for Netezza replication

‏2012-12-21T07:14:30Z  in response to AmeyJoshi14
     Hi

The commands to stop and start replication in the CDC engine's bin directory are always run on the source. As the CDC engines for Netezza and Datastage are target only, there should not be any such commands in the bin folder.. Accordingly there is no reference to any off these commands in the end-user documentation,

CDC only pushes the data from the source to the target, so irrespective of what method is used to start mirroring (interactively through Management Console, MC commands batch file, Java API or OS shell script, the process is always initiated on the source. A CDC command on the target would not make sense because it would require a log-on to the source OS and associated password, and the environment would need to allow a remote shell to be executed.

Regards

Robert

• AmeyJoshi14
      AmeyJoshi14
      8 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-12-21T20:25:15Z  in response to Rphilo
       Thanks Robert for this information.

So inorder to  start subscription through script I have to execute the commands aginst source. 
      Again thanks for all this info!! 
      Updated on 2012-12-21T20:25:15Z at 2012-12-21T20:25:15Z by AmeyJoshi14
      • GlenSakuth
        GlenSakuth
        55 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-12-21T21:39:21Z  in response to AmeyJoshi14
        Hi,

Certainly to run the command line to start and stop replication, you need to execute the commands against the source.  However, for your information, if you use the MC java API's, you can write a program to initiate it from the target.  There just happens to be a sample of this in the samples section of this forum.  It is called StartStopMirroring.java.

Regards,

Glen.
        • AmeyJoshi14
          AmeyJoshi14
          8 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-12-21T23:03:05Z  in response to GlenSakuth
           Thanks Glen for the info.
          Appreciate all your help on this!! 

From where can I run this java file/steps to execute this file? Could you please help me on this? 

Thanks again!! 
          Updated on 2012-12-21T23:03:05Z at 2012-12-21T23:03:05Z by AmeyJoshi14
          • GlenSakuth
            GlenSakuth
            55 Posts
            ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-12-23T16:35:51Z  in response to AmeyJoshi14
            Hi,

I know that the samples are not in an obvious place to find.  Here is the link: https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/mydeveloperworks/files/app/person/270000YSK8/file/0deb272c-a6fe-41e9-b6e8-153b8b7835e2

If that link doesn't work, from the developer forum page, you would go in the 'wiki' section, select 'CDC Samples', then select 'Browse and Download Samples', then you should see it near the top as it was recently added.

Regards,

Glen.
            • AmeyJoshi14
              AmeyJoshi14
              8 Posts
              ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-12-28T16:48:55Z  in response to GlenSakuth

Thanks Glen for the info.
              Appreciate all your help on this!! 

From where can I run this java file/steps to execute this file? Could you please help me on this? 

Thanks again!! 
              • Rphilo
                Rphilo
                340 Posts
                ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-01-04T13:18:47Z  in response to AmeyJoshi14
                 Hi

You can compile the code and run the program on the CDC for Netezza system from a shell script, The APIs are documented in ISCDC_652_MCAPI_Commands

Regards

Robert
                • GlenSakuth
                  GlenSakuth
                  55 Posts
                  ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-01-04T19:28:32Z  in response to Rphilo
                  Hi,

Sorry, I had miss-read your last post.  As Robert pointed out, you can run the program from the CDC for Netezza system.  Note that you will need to ensure that an IBM JVM is available (as the SUN one that is default on many systems will not work).   Note that you can make the setup easier by installing an access server on the machine that you want to run the API program from.  You do not need to start this access server, but rather just use the jar files that it installs.  When you run the program you would connect to your existing access server and specify the publishers (source), etc.

Regards,

Glen.