• 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-09-10T15:07:31Z by Jim Divoky
kmleong
kmleong
3 Posts

Pinned topic Using the Websphere FTP adapter on AIX

‏2013-08-14T10:27:22Z |

Hello,

I'm trying to use the Websphere FTP adapter for the first time.

I've built a test map which reads a simple text file and attempts to transfer the file over SFTP to the remote server.

The map runs successfully when I build and execute it on my PC from the Design Studio and Command Server, but when I compile and run it on an AIX server, it fails with the error message "Target Not Available".

The output card section of the execution audit log says that the adapter is not found, eventhough I confirmed that the adapter is installed when running the dtxinfo command on the AIX server.

<TargetReport   card="1"   adapter="WebSphere FTP"   bytes="0"   adapterreturn="-99999">

<Message>Adapter not found</Message>
   <Settings>-TV j2ca.mtr -is:directoryPath /home/FtpUser -is:filename file_out.txt -is:functionName Create -wtx:ispec com.ibm.j2ca.ftp.FTPFileInteractionSpec -wtx:record com.ibm.j2ca.ftp.record.FTPInputStreamRecord -mcf:adapterID 001 -mcf:hostName 117.120.7.13 -mcf:outputDirectory /home/FtpUser -mcf:portNumber 22 -mcf:protocol SFTP -mcf:userName FtpUser -mcf:password abc123</Settings>
</TargetReport>

Has anybody gotten a map using the Websphere FTP adapter to work before?  Any sort of guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Kmleong

• Bhoju
    Bhoju
    37 Posts

Re: Using the Websphere FTP adapter on AIX

‏2013-09-10T12:08:08Z  

Check if adapter is there in adapters.xml in <installdir>/config

should be like this

<M4Adapter name="WebSphere FTP"  alias="FTP Resource Adapter" id="198" type="app"  class="com/ibm/j2ca/ftp/emd/discovery/
    FTPFileMetadataDiscoveryImpl"/>

and then check settings of your AIX machine.

• Jim Divoky
    Jim Divoky
    20 Posts

Re: Using the Websphere FTP adapter on AIX

‏2013-09-10T15:07:31Z  

There is a Webcast entitled: Configuring WebSphere Adapter for File Transfer Protocol using WebSphere Transformation Extender..  See http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg27022440