IC SunsetThe developerWorks Connections platform will be sunset on December 31, 2019. On January 1, 2020, this forum will no longer be available. More details available on our FAQ.
Topic
  • 6 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2016-11-16T07:00:54Z by MartinKozlowskiA
Adelgaard Johan
Adelgaard Johan
8 Posts

Pinned topic 10 Tips to Make you More effective with Rhapsody

‏2016-10-26T11:10:32Z | architecture autosar design development effective engineering manager mbe mbse mda mdd misra modeling rhapsody sysml systems uml updm

Increase Engineering Efficiency!!!

Allowing engineers to faster and easier generate value with Rhapsody and Rhapsody Design Manager is a main theme for us when doing development on the product. The tools contain a large set of functionality and also some very powerful features, but to allow the users of the tool to make benefit of these in a more effective and intuitive way is important - and something we work on with every release now.

We have a close dialogue with many of our customers, experts in the marketplace to secure we do things the correct way and in the correct order - but we do welcome further input and willingness to collaborate with us on this of course.

But as part of this journey to utilize the areas of Rhapsody and Rhapsody Design Manager that are relevant for you as an organization there are some simple things that might have been missed? We might have hidden them to well or they were missed when you explored the toll and initiated your work.

Please take a look at a series of videos that our own Andy Lapping has put together: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLZGO0qYNSD4VrcVNWT5ltkBI8vbkMDY0Y

They are short, between 2-11 minutes and hopefully gives you some suggestions on how you can improve everyday effectiveness!

Kind Regards

Johan Adelgaard

Offering Manager Rhapsody and Rhapsody Design Manager

johan.adelgaard@se.ibm.com

• MartinKozlowskiA
    MartinKozlowskiA
    46 Posts

Re: 10 Tips to Make you More effective with Rhapsody

‏2016-11-11T11:54:18Z  

Hi,

thank you very much for sharing the link. In the video "Rational Rhapsody: Simplifying the Rhapsody User Experience with Domain Specific Modeling" Mr. Lapping speaks of a free rhapsody visualization library. This feature looks very useful, but i can't find it via Google.

Where can i get this tool?

Best regards,

Martin Kozlowski

• MerlinUK
    MerlinUK
    404 Posts

‏2016-11-11T12:12:02Z  

Hi,

thank you very much for sharing the link. In the video "Rational Rhapsody: Simplifying the Rhapsody User Experience with Domain Specific Modeling" Mr. Lapping speaks of a free rhapsody visualization library. This feature looks very useful, but i can't find it via Google.

Where can i get this tool?

Best regards,

Martin Kozlowski

Hi Martin - its a free library called prefuse - you can find it here:

http://prefuse.org/

https://github.com/prefuse/Prefuse

Cheers

Andy

• Jianlin01
    Jianlin01
    2 Posts

‏2016-11-11T15:02:23Z  
    • MerlinUK
    • ‏2016-11-11T12:12:02Z

Hi Martin - its a free library called prefuse - you can find it here:

http://prefuse.org/

https://github.com/prefuse/Prefuse

Cheers

Andy

This is a very interesting one!

Could you please give more information about how to add/integrate  the toolkit into a stand-alone Rhapsody?

Kind regards

/Jianlin

Updated on 2016-11-11T15:02:41Z at 2016-11-11T15:02:41Z by Jianlin01
  • MartinKozlowskiA
    MartinKozlowskiA
    46 Posts

‏2016-11-15T15:12:55Z  

Hi Andy,

first, thank you very much for the tip.

But can you give me a hint on how to use prefuse dynamically?

I can build a tree statically from the root rhapsody modelelement and then crawl through the references and adding the elements to the tree. But is there a way to load elements dynamically after clicking on one? I can't find a correlating listener or a way to overwrite the node interface...

Best regards,

Martin

• MerlinUK
    MerlinUK
    404 Posts

‏2016-11-15T23:13:02Z  

Hi Andy,

first, thank you very much for the tip.

But can you give me a hint on how to use prefuse dynamically?

I can build a tree statically from the root rhapsody modelelement and then crawl through the references and adding the elements to the tree. But is there a way to load elements dynamically after clicking on one? I can't find a correlating listener or a way to overwrite the node interface...

Best regards,

Martin

Hi Martin - sorry I didn't look that deep into it as it was a Prof of Concept - I did as you have - I built a static tree from the model on launch. If the model changed I closed and re-opened the helper to rebuild the tree.

Cheers

Andy

• MartinKozlowskiA
    MartinKozlowskiA
    46 Posts

‏2016-11-16T07:00:54Z  

Hi Andy,

no problem, thank you very much :)

If i find something like that, i will share it here.

Best regards,

Martin