• 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-07-24T13:30:57Z by Graham_Charters
damaz
damaz
1 Post

Pinned topic Liberty profile core and jax-ws

‏2013-07-22T15:41:18Z |

Hi,

I'm using liberty profile core 8.5.5 and I want to deploy some webservices.

I've added the feature jax-ws 2.2 using the feature manager and added it to my WAS.

When I try to create a WS using the wizard, I got : "The project is targeted against a server without IBM WebSphere JAX-WS support.  " although my runtime is IBM Websphere JAX-WS 

Am I missing something ? Do I need to install something else to make it run ? 

Br,

• Graham_Charters
    Graham_Charters
    14 Posts

Re: Liberty profile core and jax-ws

‏2013-07-24T11:25:03Z  

Hi,

Jax-ws support is not part of Liberty Core.  Liberty Core mainly covers Java EE Web Profile and OSGi applications and jax-ws is not part of either.  To use jax-ws you would need one of the other editions (e.g. Base, ND or Developers).

It sounds like you've configured your server with the jax-ws feature, but it's not part of the runtime installation that you're targeting.  A quick way to tell if you have the jax-ws feature is to look for a file called jaxws-2.2.mf in the lib/features folder of your server install.

I hope this helps.

Regards, Graham.

• Graham_Charters
    Graham_Charters
    14 Posts

Re: Liberty profile core and jax-ws

‏2013-07-24T13:30:57Z  

Hi,

Jax-ws support is not part of Liberty Core.  Liberty Core mainly covers Java EE Web Profile and OSGi applications and jax-ws is not part of either.  To use jax-ws you would need one of the other editions (e.g. Base, ND or Developers).

It sounds like you've configured your server with the jax-ws feature, but it's not part of the runtime installation that you're targeting.  A quick way to tell if you have the jax-ws feature is to look for a file called jaxws-2.2.mf in the lib/features folder of your server install.

I hope this helps.

Regards, Graham.

...and even better than looking in lib/features... you can do "bin/productInfo featureInfo" and that will print out a list of features you have installed.  One of the lines should read "jaxws-2.2 [1.0.0]" if you have jax-ws support available.

Regards, Graham.