Topic
  • 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-10-28T20:26:33Z by Christopher_Collazo
Christopher_Collazo
Christopher_Collazo
3 Posts

Pinned topic Custom applet viewer

‏2013-10-18T13:48:17Z |

I need to launch an applet viewer instead of the default FileNet viewer for Content Navigator 2.0.1.  I've tried doing this with a custom viewer plugin, but it always sends the document info to the normal, tabbed viewer widget (ContentViewer.js).  How would you go about configuring a non-tabbed viewer window to open and grab the document IDs for those which were selected in the Browse pane?

Chris

• BJOwings
    BJOwings
    185 Posts

Re: Custom applet viewer

‏2013-10-18T21:30:51Z  

On the PluginViewerDef extension class defining the viewer plugin you should implement isLaunchInSeparateWindow, returning true.   That should tell Content Navigator to open the viewer in its own window.

• Christopher_Collazo
    Christopher_Collazo
    3 Posts

Re: Custom applet viewer

‏2013-10-28T20:26:33Z  

I added the following to the PluginViewerDev.java file, but nothing changed:

public boolean isLaunchInSeparateWindow() {

return true;

}

Perhaps another approach would work.  Is there a way to grab ALL of the document IDs that a user is trying to Open at the same time?  In other words, if they select 20 documents in ICN, how would I get the list of all 20 document IDs to be opened?  I can pass this list to my custom viewer to handle.  Right now, the default viewer opens 20 separate instances of a single viewer, each with its own docUrl which includes the document ID.  Thanks for any advice you can offer.