9 replies Latest Post - ‏2014-08-04T22:54:15Z by HermannSW
VMNanduri
VMNanduri
11 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Input XML/message size accepted by DataPower

‏2013-05-03T14:09:35Z |

Hi,

Can provide your inputs to below queries if you have prior experience/knowledge of that.

1) What is the default input xml size that datapower front side handler can read? 

2) What could be the input XML/Message size that datapower can tolerate or accept without having any performance issues?

2) If we want to increase the vlaue of input xml size upto how much that datapower can tolerate then what is the way to do it along with the handling of cache size.

Thanks in Advance!!

Thanks,

Lakshman.

• HermannSW
    HermannSW
    4360 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Input XML/message size accepted by DataPower

‏2013-05-03T14:39:54Z  in response to VMNanduri

1) What is the default input xml size that datapower front side handler can read?

The input xml size is not controlled by the front side handler, it is controlled by the XML Manager.
    Default size is 4194304 for "XML Bytes Scanned".

2) What could be the input XML/Message size that datapower can tolerate or accept without having any performance issues?

It depends, if your service is streaming then unlimited.

If service is not streaming, the 500MB on 9004 devices should be good, sometimes 1GB is possible, on 9005 XI52
    I have processed a XML message of size 25GB with a non-streaming service successfully.

Hermann<myXsltBlog/> <myXsltTweets/> <myCE/>

• VMNanduri
      VMNanduri
      11 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-05-04T08:43:48Z  in response to HermannSW

Hi Herman,

Thanks a lot for clarifying my queries.

Thanks,

Lakshman.

• mayyakan
        mayyakan
        3 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-05-22T20:53:08Z  in response to VMNanduri

Hi ,

I am doing a sql get operation in xslt and storing the result in a variable .But some times i am not getting full message in the variable .Could anyone help me in solving the issue.

I wanted to know - is there a limit for a variable size .if so what is it ? where i can set the values?

currently xml manager is set to have default values.

Thanks

yshak

• HermannSW
          HermannSW
          4360 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-05-24T10:20:32Z  in response to mayyakan

Hi,

> I wanted to know - is there a limit for a variable size .if so what is it ? where i can set the values?#

> currently xml manager is set to have default values.

there is no limit for variable size in general besides appliance memory.

And the XML manager enforeces limits for XML.

> I am doing a sql get operation in xslt and storing the result in a variable .
          > But some times i am not getting full message in the variable .

Is this reproducible for you?

If so, please do a packet capture and the use eg. Wireshark Follow TCP stream to clarify
          whether the response returned from database is already truncated or not.

Hermann<myXsltBlog/> <myXsltTweets/> <myCE/>

• 6QMG_Elayaraja_Kathirvel
            48 Posts
            ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2014-08-04T05:13:24Z  in response to HermannSW

Hermann,

I am also getting the same error.

- I am storing the sql-execute response to variable and trying to write the variable to log, its not displaying full message. However I can see the output on probe has full output of the sql-execute response.

Please help on this.

• HermannSW
              HermannSW
              4360 Posts
              ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2014-08-04T06:47:10Z  in response to 6QMG_Elayaraja_Kathirvel

Hi,

never got a response on previous posting.

In your case you do not need packet capture because you say you can see complete response in Probe.

Because of SQL backend, please create a PMR and Level2 support will work with you.
              Either they can directly help, or will get your config for inhouse recreate setup investigations.

Hermann <myBlog/> <myTweets/> | <GraphvizFiddle/> | <xqib/> | <myCE/> <myFrameless/> | 

• kenhygh
              kenhygh
              1427 Posts
              ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2014-08-04T15:38:03Z  in response to 6QMG_Elayaraja_Kathirvel

The logging subsystem has a limit of around 2000 characters. If your message is larger than that, it may appear truncated in the log.

• 6QMG_Elayaraja_Kathirvel
                48 Posts
                ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2014-08-04T20:51:21Z  in response to kenhygh

Hi Kenhygh,

Thanks for the info.

- Is that possible to increase the limit of the variable, since we would like to capture the output from DB response and soap response to log.

- Could you please share the documentation about the limitation of variable and any other limitation on DataPower?

FYI*: If we are trying to write the response to the logs using log action, we could see the full response messages on the logs.

Do we know why?

Updated on 2014-08-04T20:56:59Z at 2014-08-04T20:56:59Z by 6QMG_Elayaraja_Kathirvel