2 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-07-22T16:12:12Z by tcassid
Sakshi
Sakshi
19 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Websphere Services on Linux

‏2013-07-22T07:21:03Z |

hi,

we have ClearCase WAN Server on linux 6.2.

the clearcase version is 8.0.0.02.

i am observing issues while logging in through CTE. The error is " Login failed, unable to connect to server at url ... "

Issue resolves after Websphere services are restarted.

i restart it from location: /opt/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer/profiles/AppSrv01/bin

./startServer.sh server1.

Error from Websphere log file:

[7/19/13 14:01:37:710 IST] 00000000 AdminTool     A   ADMU0111E: Program exiting with error: java.io.FileNotFoundException: /opt/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer/profiles/AppSrv01/config/cells/node01Cell/nodes/Node01/servers/stop/server.xml (No such file or directory)

i have no  clue as to why this is happening frequently ?

any pointers in this regards will be helpful to debug the issue.

• benray
    benray
    74 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Websphere Services on Linux

‏2013-07-22T15:40:15Z  in response to Sakshi

Do you actually have a "stop" folder under Node01/servers? That would be strange. I would expect to see server.xml here:

/opt/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer/profiles/AppSrv01/config/cells/node01Cell/nodes/Node01/servers/server1/server.xml

What do you see when you run:

find /opt/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer/profiles/AppSrv01 -name server.xml

That said, I don't understand why this error in itself would prevent a login ... unless the server process actually has stopped. Which in your case I think is happening since you can "restart" by running "startServer.sh server1". If the service were already running we would expect this to result in a series of errors including "An instance of the server may already be running: server1". So you may need to look at the other WAS logs to see why the server is coming down, as well as which AdminTool command was being run at the time.

Have you considered reinstalling the WAN server into it's own (new) profile rather than using AppSrv01?

• tcassid
    tcassid
    20 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Websphere Services on Linux

‏2013-07-22T16:12:12Z  in response to Sakshi

I might also suggest checking some of the profile logs/server1 directory.  The last line in startServer.log should be something such as below once the profile is started and CTE logins can be done.

[7/10/13 14:50:26:068 EDT] 00000000 AdminTool     A   ADMU3000I: Server server1 open for e-business; process id is 22850

Is this is a new install?  Was it ever working?

" Login failed, unable to connect to server at url ... " is a common error.  On Linux systems this is sometimes thrown when there is a configuration problem on install or upgrade.