IC5Notice: We have upgraded developerWorks Community to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
Topic
  • 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-10-10T07:06:39Z by liuhoting
TJessee
TJessee
12 Posts

Pinned topic Logged on Users and the Endpoints they are logged onto

‏2013-09-18T19:30:39Z |

I have been asked to create a report that would list all users and the endpoints they are logged into.  They are wanting the report to look like

UserName          Workstation     IP          OS

I have been unable to figure out the session relevance to retrieve the correct information.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• liuhoting
    liuhoting
    19 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Logged on Users and the Endpoints they are logged onto

‏2013-09-24T05:04:28Z  

So actually, I wouldn't actually use session relevance to try to figure out this information. I'd use just good old fashioned normal relevance. I'd basically throw this sort of stuff in an analysis that had a bunch of properties defined:

Logged on username:

Q: names of logged on users

Workstation IP:

Q: addresses of adapters of network as string

OS Name:

Q: Name of operating system

• liuhoting
    liuhoting
    19 Posts

‏2013-09-24T05:04:28Z  

So actually, I wouldn't actually use session relevance to try to figure out this information. I'd use just good old fashioned normal relevance. I'd basically throw this sort of stuff in an analysis that had a bunch of properties defined:

Logged on username:

Workstation IP:

OS Name:

• TJessee
    TJessee
    12 Posts

‏2013-10-09T15:24:38Z  
    • liuhoting
    • ‏2013-09-24T05:04:28Z

Logged on username:

Workstation IP:

OS Name:

I was able to take your thought process and create a property that reports on the last logged on user.  I can now run a report from that and display all the information that was requested.  Here is the relevance I used.

if (name of operating system as lowercase contains "win") then (if ((name of operating system as lowercase contains "xp") or (name of operating system as lowercase contains "win2003")) then (if not exist keys "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\DefaultUserName" of (if x64 of operating system then (x64 registry;x32 registry) else registry) then values "DefaultUserName" of keys "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\" of (if x64 of operating system then (x64 registry;x32 registry) else registry) as string else "No User Logged") else (if NOT exist keys "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Authentication\LogonUI\LastLoggedOnUser" of (if x64 of operating system then (x64 registry;x32 registry) else registry) then values "LastLoggedOnUser" of keys "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Authentication\LogonUI\" of (if x64 of operating system then (x64 registry;x32 registry) else registry) as string else "No User Logged")) else ("Not Win")

• liuhoting
    liuhoting
    19 Posts

‏2013-10-10T07:06:39Z  
    • TJessee
    • ‏2013-10-09T15:24:38Z

I was able to take your thought process and create a property that reports on the last logged on user.  I can now run a report from that and display all the information that was requested.  Here is the relevance I used.

if (name of operating system as lowercase contains "win") then (if ((name of operating system as lowercase contains "xp") or (name of operating system as lowercase contains "win2003")) then (if not exist keys "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\DefaultUserName" of (if x64 of operating system then (x64 registry;x32 registry) else registry) then values "DefaultUserName" of keys "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\" of (if x64 of operating system then (x64 registry;x32 registry) else registry) as string else "No User Logged") else (if NOT exist keys "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Authentication\LogonUI\LastLoggedOnUser" of (if x64 of operating system then (x64 registry;x32 registry) else registry) then values "LastLoggedOnUser" of keys "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Authentication\LogonUI\" of (if x64 of operating system then (x64 registry;x32 registry) else registry) as string else "No User Logged")) else ("Not Win")

Awesome. I'm glad that worked.