• 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-08-07T14:33:24Z by Dev_Dhoot
MandarChatufale
MandarChatufale
18 Posts

Pinned topic Web Console for Standalone Websphere Extreme Scale Server

‏2013-08-07T06:25:28Z |

Hi,

I have installed a latest version of standalone websphere extreme server (v8.6.0.3). I want to enable the webconsole for installed catalog server. For this i am referring to below url

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/wxsinfo/v7r1/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.websphere.extremescale.admin.doc%2Ftxswebconsolestart.html

However, the steps mentioned in above document do not match. 

For ex - 

Optional: If you want to run your console server on a port other than the default port, edit thewxs_install_root/ObjectGrid/console/config/zero.config file. The default port for the console server is 7080 for HTTP and 7443 for HTTPS. You can edit the following properties to change the default values:

In above step,  we can edit the zero.config file. But console/config folder itself are missing in the downloaded zip file.

Also startconsoleserver.bat etc.. are also missing.

Please let me know if i am referring to wrong url or is there any other way to enable the web console

Thanks

• jhanders
    jhanders
    264 Posts

Re: Web Console for Standalone Websphere Extreme Scale Server

‏2013-08-07T12:48:00Z  

Are you using the trial image or have you installed the full product?  The trial image does not contain the console so you will not be able to run it.  The trial image is just to help show how to use the product and provides the core runtime without the console.

If you are using the full product install and you do not find the console, you may need to look at your installation options and enable the console option.  The console is a optional selectable feature in the install since you do not want to have it on every install of the product, but only a select one or two depending on how many console servers you want to have.  To install it on every installation of the product would add unnecessary disk footprint.

I hope that answers your question.

Jared Anderson

• MandarChatufale
    MandarChatufale
    18 Posts

‏2013-08-07T14:30:30Z  
    • jhanders
    • ‏2013-08-07T12:48:00Z

Are you using the trial image or have you installed the full product?  The trial image does not contain the console so you will not be able to run it.  The trial image is just to help show how to use the product and provides the core runtime without the console.

If you are using the full product install and you do not find the console, you may need to look at your installation options and enable the console option.  The console is a optional selectable feature in the install since you do not want to have it on every install of the product, but only a select one or two depending on how many console servers you want to have.  To install it on every installation of the product would add unnecessary disk footprint.

I hope that answers your question.

Jared Anderson

I am currently using a trial version of wxs. Where can i get the full product version?

• Dev_Dhoot
    Dev_Dhoot
    42 Posts

‏2013-08-07T14:33:24Z  

I am currently using a trial version of wxs. Where can i get the full product version?

Mandar,

The full product version is a licensed product. You can download using the Password Advantage credentials from the IBM site.

--Devendra