• 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-05-16T07:10:32Z by Deepa.Minajagi
55 Posts

Pinned topic Scheduling report issues

‏2013-05-02T21:09:38Z |

1) We currently have reports that Fail to run on a schedule quite often. I am unsure as to why, but was wondering if there is any way that an email of some sort could be sent to a user or an admin directly that would state that the report has failed as well as the reason for failure? That'd be great.
2) In the same case above, is there anyway to make it so the report "Reruns" until the schedule is successful?

Here is a common Failed error we are getting. Any insight?
RQP-DEF-0177 An error occurred while performing operation 'sqlPrepareWithOptions' status='-121'. DPR-ERR-2082 An error has occurred. Please contact your administrator. The complete error has been logged by CAF with SecureErrorID:2013-05-02-03:54:04.382-#39

Thank you

• DanielWagemann
    850 Posts

Re: Scheduling report issues

The RQP-DEF error is interesting.  I have seen this error if a Bibus process dies while local proccessing or bursting.  I have also seen this error when systems have report scheduled during database down times.

Have a look to see if you can find any more clues.  Are there core/dump files in the bin directory around the time of some the failures?  Is there anything going on on the database when these error ocurr etc?

For the notification on failures, have a read through the system methodology package posted on the Proven Practices stie.

• Deepa.Minajagi
    1 Post

Re: Scheduling report issues

You can set up event studio agent such that when a report run is failed, email will be sent to specified ids. You can customize the message body and subject. 
    You can even send notification upon success. I find this very useful to verify that the report is run for that day. 
    Generally I set up an agent with below tasks:
    1. Run a report -> you can mention default prompt parameters and other options
    2. Email notification upon success
    3. Email notification upon failure
    Then you can schedule this agent as per your frequency needs just like you would schedule a report.

For more information, you can refer to Cognos Infocenter for Event Studio User Guide