Topic
  • 5 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-06-26T19:57:56Z by Adam Koile
amccarl
amccarl
73 Posts

Pinned topic Using perl to access IBM DB2 data servers

‏2013-06-11T19:53:02Z |

Perl applications can access IBM DB2 data servers via the Perl DBI driver for DB2, DBD::DB2

This is completely covered by the technical article 1297335http://www.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21297335
Updated on 2013-06-14T14:40:02Z at 2013-06-14T14:40:02Z by amccarl
  • amccarl
    amccarl
    73 Posts

Re: Using perl to access IBM DB2 data servers

‏2013-06-14T14:27:38Z  
    Hello!  We've had a number of clients respond through feedback to our technical documents indicating that they have further questions or comments that require additional dialogue.  Unfortunately, our feedback is anonymous, so unless an email address or other contact information is included, we have no way to get back in touch with you.

Within DB2 support, the management team asked if we could somehow link our documents to the forums so that we could invite more discussion - like this!   As a start, we chose about 30 technical articles and "seeded" the forum with initial entries so that we could have a starting place for conversation.  The documents have now been updated with links to the forums as well.  

Hopefully, we will make DB2 support better by providing more interaction around our technical information!

• DeweyAllen
    DeweyAllen
    2 Posts

‏2013-06-19T14:17:02Z  

Hello...

Are multiple row inserts using hosting variable arrays supported in Perl using DBD::DB2?   And is the multi-row insert supported in DB2 on Linux?   Or are values lists supported in DB2?

http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/dzichelp/v2r2/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.db2z10.doc.admin%2Fsrc%2Ftpc%2Fdb2z_insertmultiplerows.htm

Many thanks in advance.

... Dewey

• Adam Koile
    Adam Koile
    3 Posts

‏2013-06-21T14:45:18Z  

Hello...

Are multiple row inserts using hosting variable arrays supported in Perl using DBD::DB2?   And is the multi-row insert supported in DB2 on Linux?   Or are values lists supported in DB2?

http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/dzichelp/v2r2/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.db2z10.doc.admin%2Fsrc%2Ftpc%2Fdb2z_insertmultiplerows.htm

Many thanks in advance.

... Dewey

Hello Dewey, 

We support multi-row inserts on all OS's for DB2 LUW. However from what I have uncovered so far it doesn't look like multiple row inserts using hosting variable arrays are supported in Perl with the use of DBD::DB2. 

Thanks, 

• DeweyAllen
    DeweyAllen
    2 Posts

‏2013-06-21T15:51:48Z  

Hello Dewey, 

We support multi-row inserts on all OS's for DB2 LUW. However from what I have uncovered so far it doesn't look like multiple row inserts using hosting variable arrays are supported in Perl with the use of DBD::DB2. 

Thanks, 

Thank you for the prompt reply.

Is the "values list" syntax supported for multi-row inserts... like the following?

INSERT INTO ATAB (COLA, COLB, COLC)

VALUES ('ABC', '123', '2013-05-09'),

VALUES ('DEF', '456', '2013-06-20')

Or... any chance the opendev team could add support for multi-row inserts using host variable arrays in DBD::DB2 (I assume this functionality is already supported in the CLI layer which DBD::DB2 uses)?

Thank you..

... Dewey

• Adam Koile
    Adam Koile
    3 Posts

‏2013-06-26T19:57:56Z  

Thank you for the prompt reply.

Is the "values list" syntax supported for multi-row inserts... like the following?

INSERT INTO ATAB (COLA, COLB, COLC)

VALUES ('ABC', '123', '2013-05-09'),

VALUES ('DEF', '456', '2013-06-20')

Or... any chance the opendev team could add support for multi-row inserts using host variable arrays in DBD::DB2 (I assume this functionality is already supported in the CLI layer which DBD::DB2 uses)?

Thank you..

... Dewey

Hello Dewey, 

Thank you for the response, that syntax looks correct and should work. As for the DBD::DB2 support question I can't really answer that, the best thing to do would be to open a PMR on that so we can take a closer look at it. And yes I believe you would be correct the DBD::DB2 uses the CLI layer: 

http://search.cpan.org/~ibmtordb2/DBD-DB2-1.85/DB2.pod

Thanks!

Adam