Topic
5 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-10-31T22:19:14Z by RM03_Chris_Barlock
JaLe
JaLe
3 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Add datasources manually?

‏2013-10-31T14:18:12Z |

Is there any way to add a data source manually? I would love to show AI on my laptop but obviously there is no vcenter. How to add the agents on the same vm as the fabric manually. Vm is running on my laptop that is.

Tried my luck and added a line to ccm_group_data_sources but not much luck there. It showed a while on the "group datasources" but not on the "available data sources". 

regards

Janne Lepistö

• RM03_Chris_Barlock
    RM03_Chris_Barlock
    43 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Add datasources manually?

‏2013-10-31T14:29:44Z  in response to JaLe

There is.  If you select the Other option on the first page of the configuration wizard, the next page shows you a filename, /opt/ibm/ccm/ips.txt.  If you create this file, you can specify the computers to "discover."  The format of the file is:

ipAddress hostname description

where:
    ipAddress is the IP address of the VM to be monitored, such as 9.37.33.123
    hostname is the hostname of the same system, such as myLinux.tivlab.raleigh.ibm.com
    description is the name or description of the VM to be monitored, such as My Linux.
                I can contain spaces, but no quotes.

Chris

• JaLe
    JaLe
    3 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-10-31T14:45:34Z  in response to JaLe

Sounds great except I dont see "other" option.

Janne

This wizard will walk you through the basic configuration required by Consumer Cloud Monitoring.

Configuration panels are available for several service delivery platforms: Amazon EC2, SmartCloud Provisioning and VMware Virtual Center. The final, optional panel allows you to specify a default user ID and password to allow communication with the monitoring agents running on the computer systems that make up your workload.

Select your service delivery platform.

• JaLe
    JaLe
    3 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-10-31T22:16:18Z  in response to JaLe

I tried 1.1.  and 1.2 milestone 2. That 1.1 milestone 2 is not available to download anymore I suppose. Pity.

-Janne

• RM03_Chris_Barlock
      RM03_Chris_Barlock
      43 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-10-31T22:19:14Z  in response to JaLe

1.2 milestone 2 is what I meant.  The Other/Physical Discovery option is not there?  Is a pity. 

Chris