Topic
No replies
BenGreen
BenGreen
1 Post
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic System Administration Client configuration issue

‏2013-12-17T15:35:57Z |

This is strange. I have 2 sets of server configurations, one of them I cannot find anywhere on my hard drive or registry, but it apparently exists and is functional. Let me explain...

Windows 7 x64. I want to install System Admin Client to access production and test CM environments. Ran the installer, using all defaults. Ran initial configuration wizard and added production LS server. Works great. Here's the weird part: the server I am accessing is not configured in the Server Configuration Utility nor does it exist in the config file in C:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\db2cmv8\cmgmt\connectors. In fact, I can delete this directory and still use the server. I have searched my C drive for cmbicmsrvs.ini and there are no results. Where else is this configured? How is this possible? 

One possible clue: I noticed that if I launch Server Configuration Utility normally, the command prompt says "Access is denied." and I can see the connection listed under "View Connection Information." I can add additional servers here and then I can see them in System Admin Client. On the other hand, if I launch Server Configuration Utility by right-clicking Run as Administrator, I see a different set of servers under "View Connection Information" and these actually match with the config file in C:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\db2cmv8\cmgmt\connectors. However I cannot access them in System Admin Client.