Topic
  • 4 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-10-13T19:40:40Z by HermannSW
samanderson
samanderson
172 Posts

Pinned topic Error - Parser limit reached.

‏2013-09-25T09:59:12Z |

What could be the reason ?

Can I tune this on xml  manager ?

• swlinn
    swlinn
    1348 Posts

Re: Error - Parser limit reached.

‏2013-09-25T10:55:29Z  

The XML Parser config is in the xml manager.  How large is your document?  By default I think the parser max doc size is 4MB.

Regards,

Steve

• HermannSW
    HermannSW
    4874 Posts

‏2013-09-25T17:03:20Z  
    • swlinn
    • ‏2013-09-25T10:55:29Z

The XML Parser config is in the xml manager.  How large is your document?  By default I think the parser max doc size is 4MB.

Regards,

Steve

As Steve said, you can modify on XML Manager, there "XML Parser" tab.

Funny, while in 4.0.2 firmware I do get restriction for "XML Bytes Scanned" as 2^32-1

XML Bytes Scanned (4.194304e+23) cannot be greater than 4294967295.

On 6.0.0 firmware the limit is "a little bit" higher ;-) ... 264

From WebGUI online help:

XML Bytes Scanned

Enter the maximum number of bytes scanned in one message. This property applies to any XML document that is parsed. If the value is 0, no limit is enforced. The default value is 4194304.

Hermann<myXsltBlog/> <myXsltTweets/> <myCE/>

• samanderson
    samanderson
    172 Posts

‏2013-10-11T03:25:15Z  

Hi Steve/ Herman -

If i have XML Bytes Scanned as "0" in firmware 4.0. Will there be any side effects to box performance and memory?

we also cache input to context variable to use the content in different rule can this be of any impact for larger message of 100MB.

Do I need to tune any other parameters like compile action policy ?

• HermannSW
    HermannSW
    4874 Posts

‏2013-10-13T19:40:40Z  

Hi Steve/ Herman -

If i have XML Bytes Scanned as "0" in firmware 4.0. Will there be any side effects to box performance and memory?

we also cache input to context variable to use the content in different rule can this be of any impact for larger message of 100MB.

Do I need to tune any other parameters like compile action policy ?

Hi,

> If i have XML Bytes Scanned as "0" in firmware 4.0. Will there be any side effects to box performance and memory?
    >
    Definitely on both because arbitrary large XML requests might eat up memory and affects the number of transactions being able to process.

> we also cache input to context variable to use the content in different rule can this be of any impact for larger message of 100MB.
    >
    You have to do the math on whether what you do will work.

There is a rule of thumb that internal representation is three times the size of the XML input file.
    So for a single transaction your input context takes 300MB as well as the context variable.

6 concurrent transactions will raise memory to 100%.

Hermann<myXsltBlog/> <myXsltTweets/> <myCE/>