Topic
  • 6 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-10-24T14:15:37Z by GhulamShabbir
GhulamShabbir
GhulamShabbir
45 Posts

Pinned topic Escalation and User Re-Assignment

‏2013-10-09T15:08:35Z |

I have developed a workflow in which there are five stages Start ---> Stage 1---> Stage 2 --->Stage 3 ->End

I dynamically assign user to stage 1, stage 2, stage 3 base on certain conditions

We need to perform following actions

• All records which are assigned to User A, Re-Assignee them to User B. At which ever stage they are.
  • Records should move to next stage within 24 hours. If a record is at a stage for 21 hours, the user should be informed that your allotted time will expire in 3 hours.

Please advise is this doable in FEB 8.5, if yes please guide how to do it

• ChrisDawes(IBM)
    ChrisDawes(IBM)
    834 Posts

Re: Escalation and User Re-Assignment

‏2013-10-10T17:32:19Z  

There are several different approaches that one could take with this first requirement.

1. You could build an Admin interface that used service calls to retrieve the record ids for all the records owned by user a and then used an update service call to re-assign them to user b.

2. Write a bat script or java utility that uses the REST API to perform these updates.

The second request is a bit trickier but still doable.  FEB does not have a built in way of performing operations based on a time.  You would have to write some code, preferably Java, that can be deployed on the FEB server.  This code would then use the REST API to query for records that need to be moved and perform the necessary updates via the REST API.  This code could also send out notifications to the owners of the record.

• GhulamShabbir
    GhulamShabbir
    45 Posts

‏2013-10-22T12:24:07Z  

There are several different approaches that one could take with this first requirement.

1. You could build an Admin interface that used service calls to retrieve the record ids for all the records owned by user a and then used an update service call to re-assign them to user b.

2. Write a bat script or java utility that uses the REST API to perform these updates.

The second request is a bit trickier but still doable.  FEB does not have a built in way of performing operations based on a time.  You would have to write some code, preferably Java, that can be deployed on the FEB server.  This code would then use the REST API to query for records that need to be moved and perform the necessary updates via the REST API.  This code could also send out notifications to the owners of the record.

How can i find the record owner?

• ChrisDawes(IBM)
    ChrisDawes(IBM)
    834 Posts

‏2013-10-22T21:53:29Z  

How can i find the record owner?

Record Owner is an input/output param of a Service.

• GhulamShabbir
    GhulamShabbir
    45 Posts

‏2013-10-23T05:22:45Z  

Record Owner is an input/output param of a Service.

Sorry Chris i was not able to find record owner as an input parameter. Attached is the screen shot of service parameters dialog

Attachments

• ChrisDawes(IBM)
    ChrisDawes(IBM)
    834 Posts

‏2013-10-23T18:27:00Z  

Sorry Chris i was not able to find record owner as an input parameter. Attached is the screen shot of service parameters dialog

The parameter I am referring to is a "Filter by" and you have to pass to link it to a field or constant from your form and then it will filter the result set based on that criteria.

If you are asking about discovering the record owner from within a particular record, then that is a different question entirely.  Currently we do not have that information exposed through the js api. However, if the record is already submitted then you could perform a retrieve service to get the information as Author name and email are exposed as output parameters as of FEB 8.5.

So you would retrieve the record you want based on some unique search criteria and then link the author name or email to the field in your form.

Attachments

• GhulamShabbir
    GhulamShabbir
    45 Posts

‏2013-10-24T14:15:37Z  

The parameter I am referring to is a "Filter by" and you have to pass to link it to a field or constant from your form and then it will filter the result set based on that criteria.

If you are asking about discovering the record owner from within a particular record, then that is a different question entirely.  Currently we do not have that information exposed through the js api. However, if the record is already submitted then you could perform a retrieve service to get the information as Author name and email are exposed as output parameters as of FEB 8.5.

So you would retrieve the record you want based on some unique search criteria and then link the author name or email to the field in your form.

In my use case Record Owner is the person to whom the record is assigned in current stage and Author is the person who created the record i.e the person who has initiated the workflow.

Say there are two records first in stage A and is assigned to userA and the second record is in Stage B and is assigned to UserC . Bothe records were initiated by UserX.  So for me first record owner is userA and second record owner is userC and UserX is the author of both records