• 1 reply
  • Latest Post - ‏2016-07-21T18:40:35Z by MartinBurch
TRI_Harder
TRI_Harder
15 Posts

Pinned topic Assigned, Circulation, Mechanical, Electrical spaces

‏2016-07-21T17:59:22Z |

Hi All,

Does CI allow for selecting different layers and assigning a different Current Use Space Class?  I have a CAD drawing with several layers: Assigned, Circulation, Mechanical, and Electrical.  Do I have to upload each layer separately with its own boundary and name?  It seems I can only assign one Current Use Space Class for one layer only.  Thanks in advance.

• MartinBurch
    MartinBurch
    146 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Assigned, Circulation, Mechanical, Electrical spaces

‏2016-07-21T18:40:35Z  

Not sure exactly what your use case is, but I'll try to explain:

1) The intent of the Current Use Space Class layer is that if you happen to have the space class name on a particular layer, you can specify that layer name so that a boundary with "Assigned" text on that layer inside it will automatically map the space class.  This assumes all the spaces are on a single "boundary" layer.

2) If the "Assigned", "Circulation", etc. are layers that represent the boundaries themselves, you can simply use smart attach multiple times.

3) Note that you can also upload all the spaces as a single space class, but then use the Batch Edit command in order to change the space class after upload.

• MartinBurch
    MartinBurch
    146 Posts

Re: Assigned, Circulation, Mechanical, Electrical spaces

‏2016-07-21T18:40:35Z  

Not sure exactly what your use case is, but I'll try to explain:

1) The intent of the Current Use Space Class layer is that if you happen to have the space class name on a particular layer, you can specify that layer name so that a boundary with "Assigned" text on that layer inside it will automatically map the space class.  This assumes all the spaces are on a single "boundary" layer.

2) If the "Assigned", "Circulation", etc. are layers that represent the boundaries themselves, you can simply use smart attach multiple times.

3) Note that you can also upload all the spaces as a single space class, but then use the Batch Edit command in order to change the space class after upload.