4 Posts

Pinned topic Generate JCL for Compile Link Go doesn't work

‏2013-10-24T13:17:58Z |

Hello IBM-RDz Team,
I' working with

IBM® Rational® Developer for zEnterprise™
Version: 8.5.0
Build id: rdz85-I20120604_1926
© Copyright IBM Corporation and others 1998, 2012.  All rights reserved.

at Windows7 and have obvserved following with appended property group:

When generating JCL "for Compile Link" all works fine. The JCL is generated and I'm asked to Submit it. After submitting it, the load module is created successfully.

When generating JCL "for Compile Link Go" the dialog sequence is the same than before up to the Confirmation to overide existing Member. But when confirming this, then unlike before, no JCL will be generated, no error message apear, I won't be asked to submit the job and nothing else happen.

Could you please check this, may be after adopting the data set names to your system or after creating the data sets like needed? . If you encounter the same problem, could you please search for the reason and tell me what's wrong either with my property group or else. If you don't encounter that problem, would it be possible to analyse that problem remotely? Is there any log file, I can append here?

Please let me know as well, if you most likely asume a problem with RDz to be reported with an PMR.
Kind regards
Andreas Gronert

Attachments

• AndreasGronert
    AndreasGronert
    4 Posts

Re: Generate JCL for Compile Link Go doesn't work

‏2013-10-25T14:11:11Z  

Hello,
    now I have created zOS-Project with MVS-Subproject with respective program and property group. When dooing

Generate JCL > For Compile Link Go

out of that MVS-Subproject, the JCL, listed down here will be generated. But it's not working, because there is no procedure USER.PROCLIB.ELAXFGO at our system.

When doing the same out of Remote System Explorer, the problem is still like described above.

Does anyone else have that problem and how was it solved? Thanks in advance for any hint.
    Kind regards
    Andreas Gronert

//BMW1 JOB ,
    // MSGCLASS=H,MSGLEVEL=(1,1),TIME=(,4),REGION=144M,COND=(16,LT)
    //*
    //STP0000 EXEC PROC=ELAXFCOC,
    // CICS=,
    // DB2=,
    // COMP=
    //COBOL.SYSDEBUG DD DISP=SHR,
    //        DSN=BMW.COBOL.SYSDEBUG(AG0001)
    //COBOL.SYSLIN DD DISP=SHR,
    //        DSN=BMW.COBOBJS.OBJ(AG0001)
    //COBOL.SYSLIB DD DISP=SHR,
    //        DSN=BMW.COBOL.COPYLIB
    //COBOL.SYSXMLSD DD DUMMY
    //COBOL.SYSIN DD DISP=SHR,
    //        DSN=BMW.TST.COB.PKS(AG0001)
    //*
    //******* ADDITIONAL JCL FOR COMPILE HERE ******
    //LKED EXEC PROC=ELAXFLNK
    //LINK.OBJ0000 DD DISP=SHR,
    //LINK.SYSLIN DD *
         INCLUDE OBJ0000
    /*
    //LINK.SYSLMOD   DD  DISP=SHR,
    //        DSN=BMW.LOAD(AG0001)
    //*
    //******* ADDITIONAL JCL FOR LINK HERE ******
    //GO    EXEC   PROC=ELAXFGO,GO=AG0001,
    //           LOADDSN=BMW.LOAD
    //******* ADDITIONAL RUNTIME JCL HERE ******
    //

2 IEFC001I PROCEDURE ELAXFCOC WAS EXPANDED USING SYSTEM LIBRARY USER.PROCLIB
           23 IEFC001I PROCEDURE ELAXFLNK WAS EXPANDED USING SYSTEM LIBRARY USER.PROCLIB
           32 IEFC612I PROCEDURE ELAXFGO WAS NOT FOUND 

• smithkenny
    smithkenny
    14 Posts

‏2013-10-28T18:41:09Z  

Hello,
    now I have created zOS-Project with MVS-Subproject with respective program and property group. When dooing

Generate JCL > For Compile Link Go

out of that MVS-Subproject, the JCL, listed down here will be generated. But it's not working, because there is no procedure USER.PROCLIB.ELAXFGO at our system.

When doing the same out of Remote System Explorer, the problem is still like described above.

Does anyone else have that problem and how was it solved? Thanks in advance for any hint.
    Kind regards
    Andreas Gronert

//BMW1 JOB ,
    // MSGCLASS=H,MSGLEVEL=(1,1),TIME=(,4),REGION=144M,COND=(16,LT)
    //*
    //STP0000 EXEC PROC=ELAXFCOC,
    // CICS=,
    // DB2=,
    // COMP=
    //COBOL.SYSDEBUG DD DISP=SHR,
    //        DSN=BMW.COBOL.SYSDEBUG(AG0001)
    //COBOL.SYSLIN DD DISP=SHR,
    //COBOL.SYSLIB DD DISP=SHR,
    //        DSN=BMW.COBOL.COPYLIB
    //COBOL.SYSXMLSD DD DUMMY
    //COBOL.SYSIN DD DISP=SHR,
    //        DSN=BMW.TST.COB.PKS(AG0001)
    //*
    //******* ADDITIONAL JCL FOR COMPILE HERE ******
    //LKED EXEC PROC=ELAXFLNK
    //LINK.OBJ0000 DD DISP=SHR,
    //LINK.SYSLIN DD *
         INCLUDE OBJ0000
    /*
    //LINK.SYSLMOD   DD  DISP=SHR,
    //        DSN=BMW.LOAD(AG0001)
    //*
    //******* ADDITIONAL JCL FOR LINK HERE ******
    //GO    EXEC   PROC=ELAXFGO,GO=AG0001,
    //           LOADDSN=BMW.LOAD
    //******* ADDITIONAL RUNTIME JCL HERE ******
    //

2 IEFC001I PROCEDURE ELAXFCOC WAS EXPANDED USING SYSTEM LIBRARY USER.PROCLIB
           23 IEFC001I PROCEDURE ELAXFLNK WAS EXPANDED USING SYSTEM LIBRARY USER.PROCLIB
           32 IEFC612I PROCEDURE ELAXFGO WAS NOT FOUND 

The ELAXFGO (along with ELAXFCOC,  EXLAXFCOT, etc) proc is installed with the RDz daemon. It is typically located in the FEK.#CUST.PROCLIB dataset. FEK is the default HLQ for the installation files, but may differ in your environment. 

• AndreasGronert
    AndreasGronert
    4 Posts

‏2013-10-29T09:37:37Z  

The ELAXFGO (along with ELAXFCOC,  EXLAXFCOT, etc) proc is installed with the RDz daemon. It is typically located in the FEK.#CUST.PROCLIB dataset. FEK is the default HLQ for the installation files, but may differ in your environment. 

Hello Kenny,
    thank you verry much for your answer. That was the solution for my second Post. I should have opened a second discussion for that, but I thought both of my posts are releated. Please let me know, if I should open a new discussion.

Now I have copied ELAXFGO to USER.PROCLIB. With that "Generate JCL > For Compile Link Go" is working out of the view "Enterprise Projects".

My first post is still not answered yet, and the problem is still the same. Even with ELAXFGO in USER.PROCLIB, when dooing "Generate JCL > For Compile Link Go" out of the Remote Systems view nothing hapens and no error message is displayed. How can I find the reason for this failing. Is there any log file?
    Kind regards
    Andreas Gronert

• smithkenny
    smithkenny
    14 Posts

‏2013-10-29T13:36:52Z  

Hello Kenny,
    thank you verry much for your answer. That was the solution for my second Post. I should have opened a second discussion for that, but I thought both of my posts are releated. Please let me know, if I should open a new discussion.

Now I have copied ELAXFGO to USER.PROCLIB. With that "Generate JCL > For Compile Link Go" is working out of the view "Enterprise Projects".

My first post is still not answered yet, and the problem is still the same. Even with ELAXFGO in USER.PROCLIB, when dooing "Generate JCL > For Compile Link Go" out of the Remote Systems view nothing hapens and no error message is displayed. How can I find the reason for this failing. Is there any log file?
    Kind regards
    Andreas Gronert

In this case, it sounds like the config your proclibs is correct if working through the Enterprise Projects perspective. Check the Eclipse log file to see if there are any errors that stick out. Find your workspace location by click File - Switch Workspace - Other. The default will be your current workspace. Open that location in Windows Explorer. Then navigate into the .metadata folder, and you'll see .log file. 

FYI, If you can, I highly recommend going to v9. There are many new features. If you can't, at least update your existing install to 8.5.1 or higher as there are many bug fixes in that point release. This may be one of them. Here is the fix list for the various versions:

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg27036693

• AndreasGronert
    AndreasGronert
    4 Posts

‏2014-03-05T14:04:18Z  

In this case, it sounds like the config your proclibs is correct if working through the Enterprise Projects perspective. Check the Eclipse log file to see if there are any errors that stick out. Find your workspace location by click File - Switch Workspace - Other. The default will be your current workspace. Open that location in Windows Explorer. Then navigate into the .metadata folder, and you'll see .log file. 

FYI, If you can, I highly recommend going to v9. There are many new features. If you can't, at least update your existing install to 8.5.1 or higher as there are many bug fixes in that point release. This may be one of them. Here is the fix list for the various versions:

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg27036693

Hello Kenny,
    thanks once more for your suggestion. With RDz v9 the generating JCL "for Compile Link Go" is working in both, the Remote Sytems View and the Enterprise Project View.
    Kind regards
    Andreas Gronert