IC SunsetThe developerWorks Connections platform will be sunset on December 31, 2019. On January 1, 2020, this forum will no longer be available. More details available on our FAQ.
Topic
  • 7 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2019-08-29T14:28:27Z by Sudianto
TV4Y_Santosh_BPM_1
TV4Y_Santosh_BPM_1
13 Posts

Pinned topic Human Service exposed as URL redirects to BPM Process Admin login.

‏2013-10-15T17:36:23Z | admin console custom human portal service url

We are exposing  one of our Human Services as URL for using it as a Custom Portal. The URL redirects to the BPM Admin Login screen.

Once the user logs in with the credentials, it  redirects to  the service. Some times, and this behavior is random, the users get to the BPM Admin Console instead of the Custom Portal service.

We have a  couple of questions here

1. Is it possible to redirect the login to something like the Process Portal login screen, instead of the Admin login.

2, If not, can we make sure that once the user logs in, he is not redirected to the Admin Console, even though it happens once in a while randomly.

Thanks,

Santosh

Updated on 2013-10-15T17:37:21Z at 2013-10-15T17:37:21Z by TV4Y_Santosh_BPM_1
  • kolban
    kolban
    3322 Posts

Re: Human Service exposed as URL redirects to BPM Process Admin login by default. Sometimes redirecting to the BPM Admin Console after login.

‏2013-10-15T17:38:58Z  

I too have seen this behavior and I think it is caused because you have two browser windows.  Open is opened against the admin console.  When a request is then made and you need to login, the system appears to be "confused" about where to send you.  I believe if you only have a single browser window open or don't visit (in parallel) any other BPM web pages, then you should only see the correct target.

• TV4Y_Santosh_BPM_1
    TV4Y_Santosh_BPM_1
    13 Posts

Re: Human Service exposed as URL redirects to BPM Process Admin login by default. Sometimes redirecting to the BPM Admin Console after login.

‏2013-10-15T17:43:29Z  
    • kolban
    • ‏2013-10-15T17:38:58Z

I too have seen this behavior and I think it is caused because you have two browser windows.  Open is opened against the admin console.  When a request is then made and you need to login, the system appears to be "confused" about where to send you.  I believe if you only have a single browser window open or don't visit (in parallel) any other BPM web pages, then you should only see the correct target.

Kolban,

I appreciate your quick response. 

I think I understand the behavior for the randomness now, with your explanation.

Given this behavior, is there any workaround to make sure we are routed to the correct Coach, instead of the  BPM Process Admin Console?

Thanks,

Santosh

• TV4Y_Santosh_BPM_1
    TV4Y_Santosh_BPM_1
    13 Posts

‏2013-10-17T17:02:53Z  

Kolban,

I appreciate your quick response. 

I think I understand the behavior for the randomness now, with your explanation.

Given this behavior, is there any workaround to make sure we are routed to the correct Coach, instead of the  BPM Process Admin Console?

Thanks,

Santosh

Hello Kolban,

Do we have any workaround to make sure we get to the correct Coach, even if we have multiple BPM pages open?

Thanks,

Santosh

• kolban
    kolban
    3322 Posts

‏2013-10-17T19:24:57Z  

Hello Kolban,

Do we have any workaround to make sure we get to the correct Coach, even if we have multiple BPM pages open?

Thanks,

Santosh

I don't know of any workaround short of closing the browser and re-opening it or having two browsers open with different cache configurations.  I don't think the product is working "correctly" so a request to IBM support to open a defect sounds warranted.

Neil

• TV4Y_Santosh_BPM_1
    TV4Y_Santosh_BPM_1
    13 Posts

‏2013-10-18T17:35:22Z  
    • kolban
    • ‏2013-10-17T19:24:57Z

I don't know of any workaround short of closing the browser and re-opening it or having two browsers open with different cache configurations.  I don't think the product is working "correctly" so a request to IBM support to open a defect sounds warranted.

Neil

Thanks Kolban. I have a PMR open with IBM, but I dont have a concrete response from them yet for this issue. 

Thanks again for all the help.

• arindam_m
    arindam_m
    4 Posts

‏2014-12-10T10:59:24Z  

Thanks Kolban. I have a PMR open with IBM, but I dont have a concrete response from them yet for this issue. 

Thanks again for all the help.

Hi ,

Seems like the issue is  persisting in IBM BPM 8.5.5 version.

Can anyone please let me know the workaround /PMR response to address this issue ?

Thanks in advance for help.

Regards,

Arindam

• Sudianto
    Sudianto
    4 Posts

Re: Human Service exposed as URL redirects to BPM Process Admin login.

‏2019-08-29T14:28:27Z  

Hi All,

Did anybody got solution to this issue yet. We are also getting similar issue when we access exposed heritage human service via URL.

It works fine usually but after we upgraded IBM BPM 8.5 to 8.6, when we open the URL, it re-directs to Process Admin page.

Thanks