Topic
  • 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-07-16T11:27:32Z by Liora Milbaum
Liora Milbaum
Liora Milbaum
3 Posts

Pinned topic ClearCase plugin for WindRiver workbench 3.3

‏2013-07-14T08:24:56Z |

My customer is using WindRiver workbench 3.3 and ClearCase 8.0.0.2.

We have found a problem with the plugin in the next scenario:-

WindRiver workspace placed in a ClearCase dynamic view

The project source files are imported as links.

An error is hit If one removes the file from the file system and then tries to remove the (linked) file from the project.

java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.ibm.rational.clearcase.ide.plugin.MoveDeleteHook.deleteFile(MoveDeleteHook.java:127)
at org.eclipse.team.internal.core.MoveDeleteManager.deleteFile(MoveDeleteManager.java:50)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Resource.unprotectedDelete(Resource.java:1936)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Resource.delete(Resource.java:780)
at com.windriver.ide.ui.project.WRDeleteResourceAction.delete(WRDeleteResourceAction.java:524)
at com.windriver.ide.ui.project.WRDeleteResourceAction.delete(WRDeleteResourceAction.java:451)
at com.windriver.ide.ui.project.WRDeleteResourceAction.access$1(WRDeleteResourceAction.java:441)
at com.windriver.ide.ui.project.WRDeleteResourceAction$2.execute(WRDeleteResourceAction.java:597)
at org.eclipse.ui.actions.WorkspaceModifyOperation$1.run(WorkspaceModifyOperation.java:106)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.run(Workspace.java:2344)
at org.eclipse.ui.actions.WorkspaceModifyOperation.run(WorkspaceModifyOperation.java:118)
at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:121)

No problem in case the WindRiver workspace is placed outside ClearCase view.

Any advice would be appreciated

Liora

• benray
    benray
    74 Posts

Re: ClearCase plugin for WindRiver workbench 3.3

‏2013-07-15T14:24:07Z  

Liora - does the same thing happen if you import the project using the native CTE or standard Eclipse with the CTE plugin (in order to take the WindRiver workbench out of the picture if that is possible)? If so would you be able to open a PMR and send us a test project and steps to reproduce this?

I suspect the problem might be with "If one removes the file from the file system" as that implies you are removing a resource from the project outside of the Workbench/Eclipse integration. Since you're able to delete it, I suppose it is not under source contol, correct? What if you just remove the file from the project without removing from the file system first?

• Liora Milbaum
    Liora Milbaum
    3 Posts

Re: ClearCase plugin for WindRiver workbench 3.3

‏2013-07-16T11:27:32Z  

Ben - Thanks for your replay. The same use case is not reproducible in  ClearCase 8.0.0.7

I recommended an upgrade and it is accepted by the customer as a solution.