Topic
2 replies Latest Post - ‏2014-01-10T13:39:56Z by 7902_John_McAvenue
7902_John_McAvenue
7902_John_McAvenue
19 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Local Project CARMA Endevor Integration

‏2013-12-17T14:29:58Z |

I hope someone can advise. I'm using v9.0 client and host.

If I create a local project then how can I book out a source directly from Endevor to my local project?

Drag & drop doesn't work.

From the CARMA views the Retrieve Element Dialogue wants to send the source to a PDS only.  Extract will either send the source to a PDS or an MVS subproject. So that doesn't work.

I did see that I can associate my local project with CARMA but even when I do this I can't see anything obvious. Even once I do this I can't see that Retrieve Element or Extract work any different from the CARMA side. I do get new options (Retrieve Element and Extract) from the local project side when I do this but although these pre-populate some fields for me I can't see how I can use these to bring down a source either.

Does anyone have any experience in doing this?

Thanks and regards

• smithkenny
    smithkenny
    14 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Local Project CARMA Endevor Integration

‏2014-01-09T17:10:44Z  in response to 7902_John_McAvenue

I would recommend you use an MVS Subproject to handle this. This is a bit more "road tested" than local projects are. You can take a z/OS project offline if you need to as well.

• 7902_John_McAvenue
      7902_John_McAvenue
      19 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Local Project CARMA Endevor Integration

‏2014-01-10T13:39:56Z  in response to smithkenny

OK thanks for that Kenny...I suppose i'll be a little disapointed if thats the only solution though. Local projects seemed to work very well for me apart from this.