IC5Notice: We have upgraded developerWorks Community to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
Topic
  • 4 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-06-25T21:45:44Z by flavio_b
flavio_b
flavio_b
19 Posts

Pinned topic Unable to publish modifications WAS Dev 7.0.0.25

‏2013-06-13T10:33:16Z |

Hi,

I am having some problem with WebSphere Application Server Developer Edition 7.0.0.25.

I am using Eclipse IDE and whenever I modify something (e.g. a jsp) and then I click on publish I get the following error message:

The publish encountered some problems and the application may not have been installed or it may have been successfully installed but was unable to start.
Failure uploading archive to server:
503 Service Unavailable (for: C:\workspace\.metadata\.plugins\com.ibm.etools.wrd.websphere.core\tmp1371117936879\update.zip).

I really don't understand why I have to undeploy and redeploy the web application to publish the modifications.

Note also that the following directory is empty:

C:\workspace\.metadata\.plugins\com.ibm.etools.wrd.websphere.core\tmp1371117936879

• StevenHung
    StevenHung
    21 Posts

Re: Unable to publish modifications WAS Dev 7.0.0.25

‏2013-06-21T20:45:26Z  

Hello,

Can you describe the setup of your WAS? For instance:

1. Are you publishing to a remote machine?

2. What OS is WAS on and what OS is WDT installed on?

3. Are you using a proxy?

4. Was the WAS profile modified? I used the Profile Management Tool to create a typical profile and I didn't modify any settings after creating the profile

I couldn't reproduce this scenario, so I don't believe this is something that happens in general. Therefore, I'm interested to see how your WAS is setup.

Thanks

• flavio_b
    flavio_b
    19 Posts

‏2013-06-22T06:21:29Z  

Hello,

Can you describe the setup of your WAS? For instance:

1. Are you publishing to a remote machine?

2. What OS is WAS on and what OS is WDT installed on?

3. Are you using a proxy?

4. Was the WAS profile modified? I used the Profile Management Tool to create a typical profile and I didn't modify any settings after creating the profile

I couldn't reproduce this scenario, so I don't believe this is something that happens in general. Therefore, I'm interested to see how your WAS is setup.

Thanks

Hi,

thanks for replying.

At the moment it seems that the plugin for WAS I am using is working fine (a sort of "autofix" happened) :|

Anyway, let's answer your questions:

1) no, is my local one

2) I'm (unfortunately due to my job) running Windows 7 64bit for both environment.

3) No, because of 1)

4) I did just one modification the last time, removing the flag from "start server with a generated script", but I don't know if that was the "autofix" I mentioned before. I used the PMT too, but I had to modify my profile (like defining new custom properties in the JVM)

In any case I am pretty sure all defects come from the WAS Plugin and not to the WAS Setup.

By the way, I've also performed an update of the plugin itself.

Thanks a lot.

• StevenHung
    StevenHung
    21 Posts

‏2013-06-25T14:54:54Z  
    • flavio_b
    • ‏2013-06-22T06:21:29Z

Hi,

thanks for replying.

At the moment it seems that the plugin for WAS I am using is working fine (a sort of "autofix" happened) :|

Anyway, let's answer your questions:

1) no, is my local one

2) I'm (unfortunately due to my job) running Windows 7 64bit for both environment.

3) No, because of 1)

4) I did just one modification the last time, removing the flag from "start server with a generated script", but I don't know if that was the "autofix" I mentioned before. I used the PMT too, but I had to modify my profile (like defining new custom properties in the JVM)

In any case I am pretty sure all defects come from the WAS Plugin and not to the WAS Setup.

By the way, I've also performed an update of the plugin itself.

Thanks a lot.

Thanks for your reply. I just had a few things I wanted to clarify.

"At the moment it seems that the plugin for WAS I am using is working fine (a sort of "autofix" happened)"

Does that mean the issue has gone away?

"In any case I am pretty sure all defects come from the WAS Plugin and not to the WAS Setup."

When you say WAS Plugin, are you talking about the installation of WDT and the plug-ins that are installed into your eclipse?

"By the way, I've also performed an update of the plugin itself."

Does this mean that you updated WDT to the latest version? If so, which version are you using?

Thanks

• flavio_b
    flavio_b
    19 Posts

‏2013-06-25T21:45:44Z  

Thanks for your reply. I just had a few things I wanted to clarify.

"At the moment it seems that the plugin for WAS I am using is working fine (a sort of "autofix" happened)"

Does that mean the issue has gone away?

"In any case I am pretty sure all defects come from the WAS Plugin and not to the WAS Setup."

When you say WAS Plugin, are you talking about the installation of WDT and the plug-ins that are installed into your eclipse?

"By the way, I've also performed an update of the plugin itself."

Does this mean that you updated WDT to the latest version? If so, which version are you using?

Thanks

Yes, the issue has gone away, and yes, I was talking about the installation of the WDT plugin and the plugins related to it.

The version of WDT I am using is 8.5.1002.v20130402_2058 while the version of WAS v7 tools is 8.5.5000.v20130528_1930.