Topic
  • 23 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-10-22T06:36:04Z by prab99
prab99
prab99
16 Posts

Pinned topic CB12 GENAPP ext using OSGI

‏2013-09-26T06:04:05Z |

I am trying  GENAPP CB12 support pack under CICS 5.1 DB2 10(NFM) z/OS 1.3 and having issues..I think i should be able to run Policy Search GENAPP Extension using Java & OSGi before trying  Policy Search GENAPP Extension with Cloud Enablement.   My problem is with importing  com.ibm.cics.genapp and com.ibm.cics.genapp.db OSGi projects from the archive and Creating OSGI bundle projects.

I have used JAVA EE  Import -> into existing Projects into workspace -> archive file -> and I get errors no available bundle export package com.ibm.db2.jcc . I have got db2jcc.jar from my DB 10 and added in install path.. Now i am getting The filed CommAreaHolder.valus is deprecated.. see attached image. Can someone please provide details steps to convert these application packages into OSGi bundle.

Attachments

• IvanHargreaves
    IvanHargreaves
    27 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: CB12 GENAPP ext using OSGI

‏2013-10-02T14:04:36Z  
    • Ledina
    • ‏2013-10-02T11:21:18Z

Hi Prabhat,

The main thing you will need to check is if the CICS DB2 Environment Plan you are using has support for JDBC calls (see @DB2BIND.jcl in the extension for a sample BIND job).

I would also recommend you remove the import for com.ibm.db2.jcc.*, as the code should work as is.

As for the recommended JVM profile values, I would say it is best to refer to the documentation in the extension. The main thing I would have changed in your original profile settings would be either LIBPATH_SUFFIX or OSGI_BUNDLES, so the base path is the same for both. Eg.

LIBPATH_SUFFIX=/usr/lpp/db2v10/jdbc/lib
    OSGI_BUNDLES=/usr/lpp/db2v10/jdbc/classes/db2jcc4.jar,\
    /usr/lpp/db2v10/jdbc/classes/db2jcc_license_cisuz.jar

We have been doing most of our testing using db2v10. I don't know if that is available to you at all? But if so it maybe worth trying instead of db2a10.

Finally, if it is still not working, could you please provide the full Java Err trace so we can take a further look.

Best regards,

Ledina

Hi Prabhat,

Just to add to Ledina's comments.

LIBPATH_PREFIX is for IBM service-only use. Customers should use LIBPATH_SUFFIX for applications unless directed otherwise. That said, I doubt it's the cause of your problem. It may be worth checking that the location of the DB2 JDBC driver really is in the zFS location you've specified.

To get the trace Ledina is requesting you should turn on CICS domain trace for SJ and AP domains to "ALL" - before you install the JVM server. The most interesting output file is located in your WORK_DIR by default and will be called <applid>.<region>.dfhjvmtrc  (but please also provide the dfhjvmout and dfhjvmerr files). You don't need to turn on aux trace at this time.

thx

Ivan

• Ledina
    Ledina
    8 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-10-17T10:05:38Z  
    • prab99
    • ‏2013-10-17T04:12:30Z

Hi Ledina

Thanks..Clean project worked like a charm.. before i could deploy com.ibm.cics.genapp51.application, I had to remove all exiting definitions for Programs - IPPDB, IPPROG, LGTETSC2 and transaction SSC2.

Enabling abiove application gives me following messages:

DFHRL0128 I 2013/10/17 11:48:17 T5T1CICS TCICS The CICS resource lifecycle manager has started to create BUNDLE $4934646 from a
               bundle with ID com.ibm.cics.genapp.ui.bundle and version 1.0.0.                                                    

DFHPG0101 2013/10/17 11:48:17 T5T1CICS  TCICS COIE Resource definition for LGTESTC2 has been added.                              
    DFHPG0300 2013/10/17 11:48:17 T5T1CICS BUNDLE $4934646 has successfully installed PROGRAM LGTESTC2.                              
    DFHXM0600 2013/10/17 11:48:17 T5T1CICS BUNDLE $4934646 has successfully installed TRANSACTION SSC2.                              
    DFHPG0101 2013/10/17 11:48:17 T5T1CICS  TCICS COIE Resource definition for SSEMAP has been added.                                
    DFHPG0300 2013/10/17 11:48:17 T5T1CICS BUNDLE $4934646 has successfully installed PROGRAM SSEMAP.                                
    DFHRL0109 I 2013/10/17 11:48:17 T5T1CICS COIE The CICS resource lifecycle manager has created the BUNDLE resource $4934646 and the
               BUNDLE is in the disabled state.       

I have activated BUNDLE . see attached pciture.. Running SSC2 is fialinbg with PGMIDERR           

TRANSACTION: SSC2 PROGRAM: LGTESTC2 TASK: 0000194 APPLID: T5T1CICS DISPLAY: -03
     STATUS:  COMMAND EXECUTION COMPLETE                                          
     EXEC CICS LINK PROGRAM                                                       
      PROGRAM ('IPPROG  ')                                                        
      COMMAREA ('01ICPO000000000009                                          '...)
      LENGTH (32500)                                                              

What i am doing wrong?

regards Prabhat                                                   

OFFSET:X'0006DC'       LINE:000147              EIBFN=X'0E02'                
     RESPONSE: PGMIDERR     EIBRESP=27                                            

Hi Prabhat,

From what I can see, the problem is that not the whole application is ENABLED. IPPROG is in one of the other bundles. If you look at the diagram on the instructions that come with the extension, you will see that the application contains 3 bundles inside it.

When working with applications and platforms, I would strongly recommend using the CICS Cloud Perspective (Window->Open Perspective->Other->CICS Cloud). From there you should be able to see your platform in the Cloud Explorer and if you expand that, you should see your application. I would guess its current state will show as SOMEDISABLED. If you right click on the application and select Enable, then the whole application will be in an ENABLED state (assuming your JVM Server is ENABLED and your DB2 Connection is CONNECTED). You should then be able to run SSC2.

If the application isn't ENABLED, you can use the Cloud Explorer to find out what the issue is. On the top right hand corner of the Cloud Explorer (next to the refresh button), there is a drop down that you can use to switch between the platform and application view. By default it will show the Platform view, but if you switch to the Application view, you should be able to expand your application and see the region types (in your case it will only be one region type as you are running the single-region instance). If you expand that you will see the bundles that have been installed by the application onto that region type. You should be able to see from that which bundles have an issue as they won't be in an ENABLED state. You can then go further and double-click on the bundles to see the bundle parts and their states.

Hope that fixes your issue. Let me know how you get on.

Best regards,

Ledina

• IvanHargreaves
    IvanHargreaves
    27 Posts

‏2013-09-26T21:01:42Z  

Hi,

I apologise i can't provide detailed steps for converting GENAPP (I've never used it myself), but I will try to prod someone from the team that developed it to offer help.

In the meantime, I can offer explanation for the "deprecation" message. It is not OSGi related, it is because the JCICS interface has added accessor methods for CommAreaHolder and deprecated the direct field access (I'm sure you'll agree direct access is not very OO). You are seeing these messages as warnings because the GENAPP source code has not been modified to take advantage of the new accessor methods. You can update the source and take advantage of the new methods yourself (using getValue()) or you can acknowledge the warning messages (i.e. understand why, but ignore them for now). In the long term, direct use of the "value" field will be removed, hence the 'advance warning' through use of the deprecated tag. Until then, it should not stop the application from working.

Hope that helps.

Ivan

• Ledina
    Ledina
    8 Posts

‏2013-09-27T10:16:34Z  

Hi Prabhat,

I agree with Ivan's comment above. The deprecated message is just a warning and both Policy Search GENAPP extensions will work correctly irrespective of the warning.

One more thing I would like to point out is that both extensions assume you are using a clean GENAPP installation. What that means is that if you intend to try out both extensions, you will need to uninstall the resources for the "Policy Search GENAPP Extension using Java & OSGi" before trying out the "Policy Search GENAPP Extension with Cloud Enablement" as they both define the same CICS resources but in different ways.

Please feel free to post here any follow up questions you may have.

Best regards,

Ledina

• prab99
    prab99
    16 Posts

‏2013-10-02T05:01:57Z  
    • Ledina
    • ‏2013-09-27T10:16:34Z

Hi Prabhat,

I agree with Ivan's comment above. The deprecated message is just a warning and both Policy Search GENAPP extensions will work correctly irrespective of the warning.

One more thing I would like to point out is that both extensions assume you are using a clean GENAPP installation. What that means is that if you intend to try out both extensions, you will need to uninstall the resources for the "Policy Search GENAPP Extension using Java & OSGi" before trying out the "Policy Search GENAPP Extension with Cloud Enablement" as they both define the same CICS resources but in different ways.

Please feel free to post here any follow up questions you may have.

Best regards,

Ledina

Hi Ledina / Ivan

Thanks for the reply..Now after succesfully deploying OSGI bundles in my DFH$JVMS server, I am getting  

TRANSACTION: SSC2 PROGRAM: IPDB     TASK: 0000142 APPLID: T5T1CICS DISPLAY:  00
     STATUS:  ABOUT TO EXECUTE COMMAND                                            
     EXEC CICS SEND                                                               
      FROM ('.G=Exception details: java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver '...)
      LENGTH (115)                                                                
      WAIT                                                                        
      NOHANDLE                                   
     SSC2       CST Application Policy Inquiry                                     

Cust Number         0000000006                                       

Policies            Exception details: java.sql.SQLException: No suita
    ble driver found for jdbc:default:connection SQLState: 08001                   

TRANSACTION: SSC2 PROGRAM: IPDB     TASK: 0000249 APPLID: T5T1CICS DISPLAY:  00
     EXEC CICS SEND                                                               
      LENGTH (122)                                                                
      WAIT                                                                        
      NOHANDLE      

I have modified

DB2InquirePolicy with the code in the begiing

try{

Class.forName("com.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.DB2Driver");

} catch (ClassNotFoundException cnf) {

System.out.println("DB2 JDBC drivers did not load.");

}

and Immediately get DB2 JDBC driver did not load.. My JVM profile is

JAVA_HOME=/usr/lpp/java/J7.0_64//

WORK_DIR=/u/CICS/T5CICST1/WORKDIR/DFH$JVMS

LIBPATH_SUFFIX=/db2/db2a10/base/lib

OSGI_BUNDLES=/db2/jcct4v3/classes/db2jcc4.jar,/db2/jcct4v3/classes/db2jcc_license_cisuz.jar

OSGI_FRAMEWORK_TIMEOUT=120

PRINT_JVM_OPTIONS=YES

-Xms16M

-Xmx256M

-Xmso128K

-Xgcpolicy:gencon

-Xhealthcenter:port=9086

-Dcom.ibm.tools.attach.enable=no

-Ddb2sqljjdbcprogram=dsnjdbc

-Djdbc.drivers=com.ibm.db2os390.sqlj.jdbc.DB2SQLJDriver

DB2JCCPROPERTIES=/u/CICS/T5CICST1/jdbc/DB2JccConfiguration.properties

How can I get this JDBC driver loaded for my JCICS - DB2 call.

regards Prabhat

Attachments

• GeorgeMBurgess
    GeorgeMBurgess
    5 Posts

‏2013-10-02T08:57:59Z  
    • prab99
    • ‏2013-10-02T05:01:57Z

Hi Ledina / Ivan

Thanks for the reply..Now after succesfully deploying OSGI bundles in my DFH$JVMS server, I am getting  

TRANSACTION: SSC2 PROGRAM: IPDB     TASK: 0000142 APPLID: T5T1CICS DISPLAY:  00
     EXEC CICS SEND                                                               
      LENGTH (115)                                                                
      WAIT                                                                        
      NOHANDLE                                   
     SSC2       CST Application Policy Inquiry                                     

Cust Number         0000000006                                       

Policies            Exception details: java.sql.SQLException: No suita
    ble driver found for jdbc:default:connection SQLState: 08001                   

TRANSACTION: SSC2 PROGRAM: IPDB     TASK: 0000249 APPLID: T5T1CICS DISPLAY:  00
     EXEC CICS SEND                                                               
      LENGTH (122)                                                                
      WAIT                                                                        
      NOHANDLE      

I have modified

DB2InquirePolicy with the code in the begiing

try{

Class.forName("com.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.DB2Driver");

} catch (ClassNotFoundException cnf) {

System.out.println("DB2 JDBC drivers did not load.");

}

and Immediately get DB2 JDBC driver did not load.. My JVM profile is

JAVA_HOME=/usr/lpp/java/J7.0_64//

LIBPATH_SUFFIX=/db2/db2a10/base/lib

OSGI_BUNDLES=/db2/jcct4v3/classes/db2jcc4.jar,/db2/jcct4v3/classes/db2jcc_license_cisuz.jar

PRINT_JVM_OPTIONS=YES

-Xms16M

-Xmx256M

-Xmso128K

DB2JCCPROPERTIES=/u/CICS/T5CICST1/jdbc/DB2JccConfiguration.properties

How can I get this JDBC driver loaded for my JCICS - DB2 call.

regards Prabhat

Hi Prabhat

these parameters are not needed in an OSGI environment ( at least I don't have them specified and my JDBC works)

My OSGI JVMProfile contains these two lines

George

• prab99
    prab99
    16 Posts

‏2013-10-02T09:07:20Z  

Hi Prabhat

these parameters are not needed in an OSGI environment ( at least I don't have them specified and my JDBC works)

My OSGI JVMProfile contains these two lines

George

Hi George

reverted back my oSGI profile to and bounce the server:

JAVA_HOME=/usr/lpp/java/J7.0_64/

#LIBPATH_SUFFIX=/db2/db2a10/base/lib

LIBPATH_PREFIX=/software/DB2V10/TGTA/usr/lpp/db2a10/jdbc/lib/

OSGI_BUNDLES=/software/DB2V10/TGTA/usr/lpp/db2a10/jdbc/classes/db2jcc4.jar,/software/DB2V10/TGTA/usr/lpp/db2a10/jdbc/classes/db2jcc_license_cisuz.jar

PRINT_JVM_OPTIONS=YES

-Xms16M

-Xmx256M

-Xmso128K

#-Ddb2sqljjdbcprogram=dsnjdbc

#-Djdbc.drivers=com.ibm.db2os390.sqlj.jdbc.DB2SQLJDriver

#DB2JCCPROPERTIES=/u/CICS/T5CICST1/jdbc/DB2JccConfiguration.properties

#DB2SQLPROPERTIES=/u/CICS/T5CICST1/jdbc/DB2JccConfiguration.properties

still the same error. If i add

import com.ibm.db2.jcc.*;

in the source of in genapp policy i get

java.lang.Error: Unresolved compilation problem:

at genapp.policy.InquirePolicy.main(InquirePolicy.java:28)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:76)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:602)

at com.ibm.cics.server.Wrapper.call_main(Wrapper.java:881)

at com.ibm.cics.server.Wrapper.callOSGiClass(Wrapper.java:2477)

at com.ibm.cics.server.Wrapper.invokeJvmServerOSGiClass(Wrapper.java:2383)

at com.ibm.cics.server.Wrapper.jvmServerOSGiEntry(Wrapper.java:2341)

at com.ibm.cics.osgi.impl.Controller.runService(Controller.java:903)

at com.ibm.cics.osgi.impl.Controller.acceptRequest(Controller.java:226)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:76)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)

at com.ibm.cics.router.Router.route(Router.java:2236)

2013/10/02 16:52:46.697000 UTC [ERROR]

THREAD-NAME: IPPROG.TASK139.SSC2

BUNDLE-SYMBOLICNAME: com.ibm.cics.osgi.impl

MESSAGE: @Exception runService, ServiceName=genapp.policy.InquirePolicy

java.lang.Exception: AJ05

at com.ibm.cics.server.Wrapper.SetAbend(Native Method)

at com.ibm.cics.server.Wrapper.callOSGiClass(Wrapper.java:2605)

Exception in thread "IPPROG.TASK139.SSC2" java.lang.Exception: AJ05

thanks for replying.. I am able to run cics internal trace if that can help..

regards Prabhat

• Ledina
    Ledina
    8 Posts

‏2013-10-02T11:21:18Z  
    • prab99
    • ‏2013-10-02T09:07:20Z

Hi George

reverted back my oSGI profile to and bounce the server:

JAVA_HOME=/usr/lpp/java/J7.0_64/

#LIBPATH_SUFFIX=/db2/db2a10/base/lib

LIBPATH_PREFIX=/software/DB2V10/TGTA/usr/lpp/db2a10/jdbc/lib/

OSGI_BUNDLES=/software/DB2V10/TGTA/usr/lpp/db2a10/jdbc/classes/db2jcc4.jar,/software/DB2V10/TGTA/usr/lpp/db2a10/jdbc/classes/db2jcc_license_cisuz.jar

PRINT_JVM_OPTIONS=YES

-Xms16M

-Xmx256M

-Xmso128K

#-Ddb2sqljjdbcprogram=dsnjdbc

#-Djdbc.drivers=com.ibm.db2os390.sqlj.jdbc.DB2SQLJDriver

#DB2JCCPROPERTIES=/u/CICS/T5CICST1/jdbc/DB2JccConfiguration.properties

#DB2SQLPROPERTIES=/u/CICS/T5CICST1/jdbc/DB2JccConfiguration.properties

still the same error. If i add

import com.ibm.db2.jcc.*;

in the source of in genapp policy i get

java.lang.Error: Unresolved compilation problem:

at genapp.policy.InquirePolicy.main(InquirePolicy.java:28)

at com.ibm.cics.server.Wrapper.call_main(Wrapper.java:881)

at com.ibm.cics.server.Wrapper.callOSGiClass(Wrapper.java:2477)

2013/10/02 16:52:46.697000 UTC [ERROR]

THREAD-NAME: IPPROG.TASK139.SSC2

BUNDLE-SYMBOLICNAME: com.ibm.cics.osgi.impl

MESSAGE: @Exception runService, ServiceName=genapp.policy.InquirePolicy

java.lang.Exception: AJ05

Exception in thread "IPPROG.TASK139.SSC2" java.lang.Exception: AJ05

thanks for replying.. I am able to run cics internal trace if that can help..

regards Prabhat

Hi Prabhat,

The main thing you will need to check is if the CICS DB2 Environment Plan you are using has support for JDBC calls (see @DB2BIND.jcl in the extension for a sample BIND job).

I would also recommend you remove the import for com.ibm.db2.jcc.*, as the code should work as is.

As for the recommended JVM profile values, I would say it is best to refer to the documentation in the extension. The main thing I would have changed in your original profile settings would be either LIBPATH_SUFFIX or OSGI_BUNDLES, so the base path is the same for both. Eg.

We have been doing most of our testing using db2v10. I don't know if that is available to you at all? But if so it maybe worth trying instead of db2a10.

Finally, if it is still not working, could you please provide the full Java Err trace so we can take a further look.

Best regards,

Ledina

• IvanHargreaves
    IvanHargreaves
    27 Posts

‏2013-10-02T14:04:36Z  
    • Ledina
    • ‏2013-10-02T11:21:18Z

Hi Prabhat,

Best regards,

Ledina

Hi Prabhat,

LIBPATH_PREFIX is for IBM service-only use. Customers should use LIBPATH_SUFFIX for applications unless directed otherwise. That said, I doubt it's the cause of your problem. It may be worth checking that the location of the DB2 JDBC driver really is in the zFS location you've specified.

To get the trace Ledina is requesting you should turn on CICS domain trace for SJ and AP domains to "ALL" - before you install the JVM server. The most interesting output file is located in your WORK_DIR by default and will be called <applid>.<region>.dfhjvmtrc  (but please also provide the dfhjvmout and dfhjvmerr files). You don't need to turn on aux trace at this time.

thx

Ivan

• prab99
    prab99
    16 Posts

‏2013-10-03T07:20:09Z  

Hi Prabhat,

thx

Ivan

Hi Ivan / Ledina

Thanks a ton for your help..Problem was created by IDE EE message "No available bundle export package 'com.ibm.db2.jcc'" and me trying to supress this message by downloading DB2 jar froles from Mainframe.

As soon as i  ignored this error . i could complete instructions provided in "GENAPP 5.1 Java Policy Search GENAPP Extension using Java & OSGi  PDF.

Thanks once again for your help. now off to Cloud enablement of GENAPP.

Kindest Regards

Prabhat

• Ledina
    Ledina
    8 Posts

‏2013-10-03T09:02:29Z  
    • prab99
    • ‏2013-10-03T07:20:09Z

Hi Ivan / Ledina

Thanks a ton for your help..Problem was created by IDE EE message "No available bundle export package 'com.ibm.db2.jcc'" and me trying to supress this message by downloading DB2 jar froles from Mainframe.

As soon as i  ignored this error . i could complete instructions provided in "GENAPP 5.1 Java Policy Search GENAPP Extension using Java & OSGi  PDF.

Thanks once again for your help. now off to Cloud enablement of GENAPP.

Kindest Regards

Prabhat

Hi Prabhat,

As you are getting started on the Cloud Enablement version, I just wanted to check what version of CICS Explorer you are using and whether or not you have applied the APAR PM81540 to CICS TS?

Best regards,

Ledina

• prab99
    prab99
    16 Posts

‏2013-10-04T04:03:04Z  
    • Ledina
    • ‏2013-10-03T09:02:29Z

Hi Prabhat,

As you are getting started on the Cloud Enablement version, I just wanted to check what version of CICS Explorer you are using and whether or not you have applied the APAR PM81540 to CICS TS?

Best regards,

Ledina

Thanks Ledina,

PM81540 is not ON and I am installing all latest maintance again. I am not sure how it got missed especially when we have RSU1308 installed.

in the meanwhile i will aprrciate if can confirm that

SDSNLOD2 must be in the STEPLIB of CICS

and

is not required in OSGI JVM profile as it is mentioned in GENAPP CB12 documentation.

Thanks again for your help.. on Monday the 7 October i should have have my cloud enablement progress report and in case of any issues will open another thread.

best Regards

Prabhat

• prab99
    prab99
    16 Posts

‏2013-10-04T05:00:31Z  
    • prab99
    • ‏2013-10-04T04:03:04Z

Thanks Ledina,

PM81540 is not ON and I am installing all latest maintance again. I am not sure how it got missed especially when we have RSU1308 installed.

in the meanwhile i will aprrciate if can confirm that

SDSNLOD2 must be in the STEPLIB of CICS

and

is not required in OSGI JVM profile as it is mentioned in GENAPP CB12 documentation.

Thanks again for your help.. on Monday the 7 October i should have have my cloud enablement progress report and in case of any issues will open another thread.

best Regards

Prabhat

Hi Ledina/ Ivan

My environment is DB2 V 10 with NFM (or DB2 A10), z/OS 1.13, CICS TS 5.1 and all of these running with atleast RSU0613 maintenance.

and my eclipse IDE environment is

Eclipse IDE for Java EE Developers                1.5.2.20130211-1820    
      IBM CICS Explorer Translation Support v5.1.1            5.1.101.20130802-1217    
      IBM CICS Explorer v5.1.1                    5.1.101.20130802-1217    
      IBM CICS SDK for Java Translation Support v5.1.1        5.1.101.20130802-1217    
      IBM CICS SDK for Java v5.1.1                    5.1.101.20130802-1217    
      IBM CICS SDK for Servlet and JSP support v5.1.1        5.1.101.20130802-1217    
      IBM CICS SDK for Servlet and JSP translation support v5.1.1    5.1.101.20130802-1217    
      IBM Explorer for z/OS v2.1                    2.1.1.20130801-1838    
      Marketplace Client                        1.1.1.I20110907-0947    
      OSGi Application Development Tools                8.5.5000.v20130528_1930    
      Web Development Tools                        8.5.500.v20130528_1930    
      WebSphere® Application Server V8.5 Tools            8.5.5000.v20130528_1930 

My first import of CICS projects is not looking good ;-(

see attached screen below.

Regards

Prabhat.

Attachments

• Ledina
    Ledina
    8 Posts

‏2013-10-04T09:52:17Z  
    • prab99
    • ‏2013-10-04T05:00:31Z

Hi Ledina/ Ivan

My environment is DB2 V 10 with NFM (or DB2 A10), z/OS 1.13, CICS TS 5.1 and all of these running with atleast RSU0613 maintenance.

and my eclipse IDE environment is

Eclipse IDE for Java EE Developers                1.5.2.20130211-1820    
      IBM CICS Explorer Translation Support v5.1.1            5.1.101.20130802-1217    
      IBM CICS Explorer v5.1.1                    5.1.101.20130802-1217    
      IBM CICS SDK for Java Translation Support v5.1.1        5.1.101.20130802-1217    
      IBM CICS SDK for Java v5.1.1                    5.1.101.20130802-1217    
      IBM CICS SDK for Servlet and JSP support v5.1.1        5.1.101.20130802-1217    
      IBM CICS SDK for Servlet and JSP translation support v5.1.1    5.1.101.20130802-1217    
      IBM Explorer for z/OS v2.1                    2.1.1.20130801-1838    
      Marketplace Client                        1.1.1.I20110907-0947    
      OSGi Application Development Tools                8.5.5000.v20130528_1930    
      Web Development Tools                        8.5.500.v20130528_1930    
      WebSphere® Application Server V8.5 Tools            8.5.5000.v20130528_1930 

My first import of CICS projects is not looking good ;-(

see attached screen below.

Regards

Prabhat.

Hi Prabhat,

In regards to the JVM server setup, you will need -Ddb2sqljjdbcprogram=dsnjdbc and all the DB2 options in you DOR as that is the region that connects to the database (see the doc for Cloud Enablement for a sample). But I believe you can just use the same JVM server definition and install it in both AOR and DOR. If you are running a single-region instance of GENAPP, you will only have one JVM server, so that will need the DB2 options also. Same goes for SDSNLOD2, it must be in the DFHRPL of the region connecting to DB2, but I don't think it needs to be in the STEPLIB.

I also wanted to point out (although you may already be aware) that in order to utilise features from Cloud Enablement in general as well as for the GENAPP extension, you will require CICSPlex SM and won't be able to use a standalone CICS region.

As for the issue you are seeing when importing projects, this is due to the fact that the Cloud extension has not yet been updated to conform with changes in PM81540. This is something we are currently working on and will be available on the GENAPP website soon. Depending on how quickly you need to complete your task, you could either wait for the newest version to be out (although we don't yet have a confirmed date for that), or if you could tell me your GENAPP setup (single or multi-region), I could try and provide you with a workaround to fix the xml files that are in error.

Best regards,

Ledina

• prab99
    prab99
    16 Posts

‏2013-10-04T11:31:00Z  
    • Ledina
    • ‏2013-10-04T09:52:17Z

Hi Prabhat,

In regards to the JVM server setup, you will need -Ddb2sqljjdbcprogram=dsnjdbc and all the DB2 options in you DOR as that is the region that connects to the database (see the doc for Cloud Enablement for a sample). But I believe you can just use the same JVM server definition and install it in both AOR and DOR. If you are running a single-region instance of GENAPP, you will only have one JVM server, so that will need the DB2 options also. Same goes for SDSNLOD2, it must be in the DFHRPL of the region connecting to DB2, but I don't think it needs to be in the STEPLIB.

I also wanted to point out (although you may already be aware) that in order to utilise features from Cloud Enablement in general as well as for the GENAPP extension, you will require CICSPlex SM and won't be able to use a standalone CICS region.

As for the issue you are seeing when importing projects, this is due to the fact that the Cloud extension has not yet been updated to conform with changes in PM81540. This is something we are currently working on and will be available on the GENAPP website soon. Depending on how quickly you need to complete your task, you could either wait for the newest version to be out (although we don't yet have a confirmed date for that), or if you could tell me your GENAPP setup (single or multi-region), I could try and provide you with a workaround to fix the xml files that are in error.

Best regards,

Ledina

Hi Ledina

Thanks for your reply..

My initial GENAPP cloud setup is for sinlge CICS region and would appreciate any help  in making it work.

I have checke DB2 Java documenttation again and it states none of the DB2 libraries should be in DFHRPL but in steplib. http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/dzichelp/v2r2/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.db2z10.doc.java%2Fsrc%2Ftpc%2Fimjcc_jccenvironmentvars.htm

Yes we do have cicsplex SM  and all our CICS regions are connected via SM Data intercace as well with CMCI. My intial GENAPP is in single CISC region and will eventually migrate it to one of test MRO CICS.

I can not thank you enough for your help.

kindest regads

Prabhat

• Ledina
    Ledina
    8 Posts

‏2013-10-04T15:07:56Z  
    • prab99
    • ‏2013-10-04T11:31:00Z

Hi Ledina

Thanks for your reply..

My initial GENAPP cloud setup is for sinlge CICS region and would appreciate any help  in making it work.

I have checke DB2 Java documenttation again and it states none of the DB2 libraries should be in DFHRPL but in steplib. http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/dzichelp/v2r2/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.db2z10.doc.java%2Fsrc%2Ftpc%2Fimjcc_jccenvironmentvars.htm

Yes we do have cicsplex SM  and all our CICS regions are connected via SM Data intercace as well with CMCI. My intial GENAPP is in single CISC region and will eventually migrate it to one of test MRO CICS.

I can not thank you enough for your help.

kindest regads

Prabhat

Hi Prabhat,

I tried having SDSNLOD2 in STEPLIB and it works fine, so feel free to move it there instead, to conform with the DB2 recommendation.

As you are using the single-region variant, you can close com.ibm.cics.genapp51.binding, com.ibm.cics.genapp51.platform, com.ibm.cics.genapp51.remote.db.bundle and com.ibm.cics.genapp51.remote.logic.bundle (you won't need those).

In your com.ibm.cics.genapp51.single.platform project, inside the META-INF folder create the following new files:

1) regionTypes.xml containing:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <regiontypes:regionTypes xmlns:regiontypes="http://www.ibm.com/xmlns/prod/cics/management/REGIONTYPES" regionTypesRelease="0" regionTypesVersion="2">
      <regiontypes:regionType create="false" id="GENASAOR" name="GeneralRegion"/>
    </regiontypes:regionTypes>

2) regions.xml containing:

<regions:regions xmlns:regions="http://www.ibm.com/xmlns/prod/cics/management/REGIONS" regionsRelease="0" regionsVersion="2"/>

3) regionTypeLinks.xml containing:

<regiontypelinks:regionTypeLinks xmlns:regiontypelinks="http://www.ibm.com/xmlns/prod/cics/management/REGIONTYPELINKS" linksRelease="0" linksVersion="2"/>

Then update platform.xml in the same folder to be:

<platform:platform xmlns:platform="http://www.ibm.com/xmlns/prod/cics/management/PLATFORM" bundleListPath="META-INF/bundles.xml" bundleRelease="0" bundleVersion="2" deploymentPath="META-INF/deployment.xml" description="Platform for Development" name="com.ibm.cics.genapp51.single.platform" regionsPath="META-INF/regions.xml" regionTypeLinksPath="META-INF/regionTypeLinks.xml" regionTypesPath="META-INF/regionTypes.xml">
      <regionType name="GeneralRegion"/>
    </platform:platform>

At this point you should see all the errors go away and you should be able to open the Platform editor by double-clicking on the files.

There are a few more things you may need to change for this to work correctly:

1) In com.ibm.cics.genapp51.ui.bundle/META-INF double click on cics.xml, which should load the bundle editor. On the Defined Resources section, click on New and choose Program Definition. Fill in SSEMAP on the name and hit Finish.

2) The sample assumes the JVM server is called OSGIJVMS. If your JVM server is called something else you will need to do the following:

a) double click on com.ibm.cics.genapp51.logic.bundle/META-INF. On the Imported Resources section select the JVMSERVER and click on Properties, update the name and hit OK. Repeat for com.ibm.cics.genapp51.db.bundle.

b) double click on com.ibm.cics.genapp51.logic.bundle/IPPROG.program. Change the JVM server name and save. Repeat for com.ibm.cics.genapp51.db.bundle/IPDB.program.

3) The sample assumes the DB2 connection is called DIB0. If yours is a different name, then double click on com.ibm.cics.genapp51.db.bundle/META-INF. On the Imported Resources section select the DB2CONN and click on Properties, update the name and hit OK.

4) As you had it working before, I'm guessing you may have already done this, but you may need to update the SQL statement in DB2InquirePolicy so that it matches the name of your database (instead of GENASA1).

This should be everything. I know there are a few steps to complete for this workaround (most of which you wouldn't need to do when using the new version of the extension once that has been released), but hopefully it is worthwhile.

Now you can go back and follow the deploy and install instructions in the documentation included with the extension. As you are using the single-region version of GENAPP, take a look at the 'Single region configuration' section.

If you have any more questions or any more issues, please do not hesitate to contact me via this topic.

Best regards,

Ledina

• prab99
    prab99
    16 Posts

‏2013-10-07T03:37:55Z  
    • Ledina
    • ‏2013-10-04T15:07:56Z

Hi Prabhat,

I tried having SDSNLOD2 in STEPLIB and it works fine, so feel free to move it there instead, to conform with the DB2 recommendation.

As you are using the single-region variant, you can close com.ibm.cics.genapp51.binding, com.ibm.cics.genapp51.platform, com.ibm.cics.genapp51.remote.db.bundle and com.ibm.cics.genapp51.remote.logic.bundle (you won't need those).

In your com.ibm.cics.genapp51.single.platform project, inside the META-INF folder create the following new files:

1) regionTypes.xml containing:

<regiontypes:regionTypes xmlns:regiontypes="http://www.ibm.com/xmlns/prod/cics/management/REGIONTYPES" regionTypesRelease="0" regionTypesVersion="2">
      <regiontypes:regionType create="false" id="GENASAOR" name="GeneralRegion"/>
    </regiontypes:regionTypes>

2) regions.xml containing:

<regions:regions xmlns:regions="http://www.ibm.com/xmlns/prod/cics/management/REGIONS" regionsRelease="0" regionsVersion="2"/>

3) regionTypeLinks.xml containing:

<regiontypelinks:regionTypeLinks xmlns:regiontypelinks="http://www.ibm.com/xmlns/prod/cics/management/REGIONTYPELINKS" linksRelease="0" linksVersion="2"/>

Then update platform.xml in the same folder to be:

<platform:platform xmlns:platform="http://www.ibm.com/xmlns/prod/cics/management/PLATFORM" bundleListPath="META-INF/bundles.xml" bundleRelease="0" bundleVersion="2" deploymentPath="META-INF/deployment.xml" description="Platform for Development" name="com.ibm.cics.genapp51.single.platform" regionsPath="META-INF/regions.xml" regionTypeLinksPath="META-INF/regionTypeLinks.xml" regionTypesPath="META-INF/regionTypes.xml">
      <regionType name="GeneralRegion"/>
    </platform:platform>

At this point you should see all the errors go away and you should be able to open the Platform editor by double-clicking on the files.

There are a few more things you may need to change for this to work correctly:

1) In com.ibm.cics.genapp51.ui.bundle/META-INF double click on cics.xml, which should load the bundle editor. On the Defined Resources section, click on New and choose Program Definition. Fill in SSEMAP on the name and hit Finish.

2) The sample assumes the JVM server is called OSGIJVMS. If your JVM server is called something else you will need to do the following:

a) double click on com.ibm.cics.genapp51.logic.bundle/META-INF. On the Imported Resources section select the JVMSERVER and click on Properties, update the name and hit OK. Repeat for com.ibm.cics.genapp51.db.bundle.

b) double click on com.ibm.cics.genapp51.logic.bundle/IPPROG.program. Change the JVM server name and save. Repeat for com.ibm.cics.genapp51.db.bundle/IPDB.program.

3) The sample assumes the DB2 connection is called DIB0. If yours is a different name, then double click on com.ibm.cics.genapp51.db.bundle/META-INF. On the Imported Resources section select the DB2CONN and click on Properties, update the name and hit OK.

4) As you had it working before, I'm guessing you may have already done this, but you may need to update the SQL statement in DB2InquirePolicy so that it matches the name of your database (instead of GENASA1).

This should be everything. I know there are a few steps to complete for this workaround (most of which you wouldn't need to do when using the new version of the extension once that has been released), but hopefully it is worthwhile.

Now you can go back and follow the deploy and install instructions in the documentation included with the extension. As you are using the single-region version of GENAPP, take a look at the 'Single region configuration' section.

If you have any more questions or any more issues, please do not hesitate to contact me via this topic.

Best regards,

Ledina

Hi Ledina

I have done everything you have mentioned above but still getting:

Application Bundle Problem

Required Project com.ibm.cics.genapp51.application has errors

Resource -> com.ibm.genapp51.single.binding.

see attached screen.. Also  i see there are com.ibm.cics/genapp and genapp.db but no corresponding bundles..

Attachments

• prab99
    prab99
    16 Posts

‏2013-10-07T04:36:21Z  
    • prab99
    • ‏2013-10-07T03:37:55Z

Hi Ledina

I have done everything you have mentioned above but still getting:

Application Bundle Problem

Required Project com.ibm.cics.genapp51.application has errors

Resource -> com.ibm.genapp51.single.binding.

see attached screen.. Also  i see there are com.ibm.cics/genapp and genapp.db but no corresponding bundles..

DUH..please ignore..its all good so far..will update it shortly with correct outcome..

regards

Prabhat

• prab99
    prab99
    16 Posts

‏2013-10-07T06:32:32Z  
    • prab99
    • ‏2013-10-07T04:36:21Z

DUH..please ignore..its all good so far..will update it shortly with correct outcome..

regards

Prabhat

Hi Ledina,

whats should be my application / platform name. may i get your direct email address please..

I have defined SSEMAP as non JVM program but SSEMAP is coming as DISABLED. see attached screen please.

Also  do I need to remove everything that I have created during  for GENAPP Java and OSGI - CICS + Bundle definitions.  

Regards

Prabhat

Attachments

• Ledina
    Ledina
    8 Posts

‏2013-10-07T11:54:53Z  
    • prab99
    • ‏2013-10-07T06:32:32Z

Hi Ledina,

whats should be my application / platform name. may i get your direct email address please..

I have defined SSEMAP as non JVM program but SSEMAP is coming as DISABLED. see attached screen please.

Also  do I need to remove everything that I have created during  for GENAPP Java and OSGI - CICS + Bundle definitions.  

Regards

Prabhat

Hi Prabhat,

Yes all resources previously installed need to be removed, including SSEMAP (if this has been automatically installed previously).

The best way to check for duplicate resources would be to look under Operations->Programs, to see if you have two SSEMAPs showing there. Alternatively look into the logs of your region, that should give you details of why things didn't install correctly or why they are in a disabled state.

The other things you would need to look at (based on your screenshot) are all the bundle parts in an UNUSABLE state. Could be a result of not finding the correct JVM server or something. Again the logs maybe able to help.

If you would like to contact me directly, my email address is ledina.hido@uk.ibm.com.

Best regards,

Ledina

• prab99
    prab99
    16 Posts

‏2013-10-15T08:22:49Z  
    • Ledina
    • ‏2013-10-07T11:54:53Z

Hi Prabhat,

Yes all resources previously installed need to be removed, including SSEMAP (if this has been automatically installed previously).

The best way to check for duplicate resources would be to look under Operations->Programs, to see if you have two SSEMAPs showing there. Alternatively look into the logs of your region, that should give you details of why things didn't install correctly or why they are in a disabled state.

The other things you would need to look at (based on your screenshot) are all the bundle parts in an UNUSABLE state. Could be a result of not finding the correct JVM server or something. Again the logs maybe able to help.

If you would like to contact me directly, my email address is ledina.hido@uk.ibm.com.

Best regards,

Ledina

Hi Ledina

I have done everything that you have suiggested and now getting only one error, that is >>Application Binding Porblem (1 item)  >> Required project com.ibm.cics.genapp51.application has errors - location is unknown - Application binding problem.

See attached screen shot.

regards, Prabhat.

• Ledina
    Ledina
    8 Posts

‏2013-10-15T12:09:03Z  
    • prab99
    • ‏2013-10-15T08:22:49Z

Hi Ledina

I have done everything that you have suiggested and now getting only one error, that is >>Application Binding Porblem (1 item)  >> Required project com.ibm.cics.genapp51.application has errors - location is unknown - Application binding problem.

See attached screen shot.

regards, Prabhat.

Hi Prabhat,

It seems to me that the application itself has no errors, so you may just need to do a clean (Project->Clean and select "Clean all projects"). Let me know if that works.

Best regards,

Ledina

• prab99
    prab99
    16 Posts

‏2013-10-17T04:12:30Z  
    • Ledina
    • ‏2013-10-15T12:09:03Z

Hi Prabhat,

It seems to me that the application itself has no errors, so you may just need to do a clean (Project->Clean and select "Clean all projects"). Let me know if that works.

Best regards,

Ledina

Hi Ledina

Thanks..Clean project worked like a charm.. before i could deploy com.ibm.cics.genapp51.application, I had to remove all exiting definitions for Programs - IPPDB, IPPROG, LGTETSC2 and transaction SSC2.

DFHRL0128 I 2013/10/17 11:48:17 T5T1CICS TCICS The CICS resource lifecycle manager has started to create BUNDLE $4934646 from a

DFHPG0101 2013/10/17 11:48:17 T5T1CICS  TCICS COIE Resource definition for LGTESTC2 has been added.                              
    DFHPG0300 2013/10/17 11:48:17 T5T1CICS BUNDLE $4934646 has successfully installed PROGRAM LGTESTC2.                              
    DFHXM0600 2013/10/17 11:48:17 T5T1CICS BUNDLE $4934646 has successfully installed TRANSACTION SSC2.                              
    DFHPG0101 2013/10/17 11:48:17 T5T1CICS  TCICS COIE Resource definition for SSEMAP has been added.                                
    DFHPG0300 2013/10/17 11:48:17 T5T1CICS BUNDLE $4934646 has successfully installed PROGRAM SSEMAP.                                
    DFHRL0109 I 2013/10/17 11:48:17 T5T1CICS COIE The CICS resource lifecycle manager has created the BUNDLE resource $4934646 and the

I have activated BUNDLE . see attached pciture.. Running SSC2 is fialinbg with PGMIDERR           

EXEC CICS LINK PROGRAM                                                       
      PROGRAM ('IPPROG  ')                                                        
      LENGTH (32500)                                                              

What i am doing wrong?

regards Prabhat                                                   

Attachments

• Ledina
    Ledina
    8 Posts

‏2013-10-17T10:05:38Z  
    • prab99
    • ‏2013-10-17T04:12:30Z

Hi Ledina

EXEC CICS LINK PROGRAM                                                       
      PROGRAM ('IPPROG  ')                                                        
      LENGTH (32500)                                                              

What i am doing wrong?

regards Prabhat                                                   

Hi Prabhat,

From what I can see, the problem is that not the whole application is ENABLED. IPPROG is in one of the other bundles. If you look at the diagram on the instructions that come with the extension, you will see that the application contains 3 bundles inside it.

When working with applications and platforms, I would strongly recommend using the CICS Cloud Perspective (Window->Open Perspective->Other->CICS Cloud). From there you should be able to see your platform in the Cloud Explorer and if you expand that, you should see your application. I would guess its current state will show as SOMEDISABLED. If you right click on the application and select Enable, then the whole application will be in an ENABLED state (assuming your JVM Server is ENABLED and your DB2 Connection is CONNECTED). You should then be able to run SSC2.

If the application isn't ENABLED, you can use the Cloud Explorer to find out what the issue is. On the top right hand corner of the Cloud Explorer (next to the refresh button), there is a drop down that you can use to switch between the platform and application view. By default it will show the Platform view, but if you switch to the Application view, you should be able to expand your application and see the region types (in your case it will only be one region type as you are running the single-region instance). If you expand that you will see the bundles that have been installed by the application onto that region type. You should be able to see from that which bundles have an issue as they won't be in an ENABLED state. You can then go further and double-click on the bundles to see the bundle parts and their states.

Hope that fixes your issue. Let me know how you get on.

Best regards,

Ledina

• prab99
    prab99
    16 Posts

‏2013-10-22T06:36:04Z  

WooHoooooo!!! its working.. Thanks Ledina  for excellent support..

Just it has taken lots of unlearning to make sure all CEDA defined resources - IPDB, IPPROG, SSC2 and LGTESTC2 must be deleted to enable  Budnle deployment install them dynamically.

Now i am off to Liberty - CB12 - GEANPP.

Kindest Regards

Prabhat