Topic
  • 13 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-07-17T15:33:33Z by lisaw
gurdaneta
gurdaneta
13 Posts

Pinned topic Spring Framerwork issues to integrated with extreme scale I need help

‏2013-06-25T16:37:18Z |
  • lisaw
    lisaw
    101 Posts

Re: Spring Framerwork issues to integrated with extreme scale I need help

‏2013-06-25T16:48:33Z  

Gurdaneta, check out our Getting started with WXS and Spring.

If you have a specific issue, please post some more details about your environment and the errors you are seeing so we can help.

• gurdaneta
    gurdaneta
    13 Posts

‏2013-06-25T17:02:15Z  
    • lisaw
    • ‏2013-06-25T16:48:33Z

Gurdaneta, check out our Getting started with WXS and Spring.

If you have a specific issue, please post some more details about your environment and the errors you are seeing so we can help.

Hi Liza,

I was getting issues with my browser to write, well the issues we have is related to the new config for ogspring.jar, now that i saw for the version 8.6, i am getting a weird error related to the Spring file parsing, i am using the same sample that you mean.

Getting started with WXS and Spring., it is not working for me, the error it is:

CatalogService: Starting the catalog service...
    Jun 25, 2013 10:19:35 AM org.springframework.core.CollectionFactory <clinit>
    INFO: JDK 1.4+ collections available
    Jun 25, 2013 10:19:35 AM org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader loadBeanDefinitions
    INFO: Loading XML bean definitions from class path resource [/META-INF/spcatalogservice.xml]
    org.springframework.beans.factory.parsing.BeanDefinitionParsingException: Configuration problem: Unable to locate NamespaceHandler for namespace [http://www.ibm.com/schema/objectgrid]
    Offending resource: class path resource [/META-INF/spcatalogservice.xml]
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.parsing.FailFastProblemReporter.error(FailFastProblemReporter.java:57)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.parsing.ReaderContext.error(ReaderContext.java:64)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.parsing.ReaderContext.error(ReaderContext.java:55)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.BeanDefinitionParserDelegate.parseCustomElement(BeanDefinitionParserDelegate.java:1144)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.BeanDefinitionParserDelegate.parseCustomElement(BeanDefinitionParserDelegate.java:1137)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.DefaultBeanDefinitionDocumentReader.parseBeanDefinitions(DefaultBeanDefinitionDocumentReader.java:145)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.DefaultBeanDefinitionDocumentReader.registerBeanDefinitions(DefaultBeanDefinitionDocumentReader.java:89)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.registerBeanDefinitions(XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:499)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.doLoadBeanDefinitions(XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:407)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinitions(XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:357)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinitions(XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:334)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinitions(AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.java:126)
        at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractXmlApplicationContext.loadBeanDefinitions(AbstractXmlApplicationContext.java:109)
        at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractXmlApplicationContext.loadBeanDefinitions(AbstractXmlApplicationContext.java:79)
        at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractRefreshableApplicationContext.refreshBeanFactory(AbstractRefreshableApplicationContext.java:94)
        at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.refresh(AbstractApplicationContext.java:294)
        at org.springframework.context.support.ClassPathXmlApplicationContext.<init>(ClassPathXmlApplicationContext.java:180)
        at org.springframework.context.support.ClassPathXmlApplicationContext.<init>(ClassPathXmlApplicationContext.java:156)
        at org.springframework.context.support.ClassPathXmlApplicationContext.<init>(ClassPathXmlApplicationContext.java:143)
        at com.ibm.websphere.xs.sample.spring.server.CatalogService.startServer(CatalogService.java:41)
        at com.ibm.websphere.xs.sample.spring.server.CatalogService.main(CatalogService.java:29)
    Exception in thread "main" com.ibm.websphere.objectgrid.ObjectGridRuntimeException: Unable to start the catalog service.
        at com.ibm.websphere.xs.sample.spring.server.CatalogService.startServer(CatalogService.java:51)
        at com.ibm.websphere.xs.sample.spring.server.CatalogService.main(CatalogService.java:29)
    Caused by: org.springframework.beans.factory.parsing.BeanDefinitionParsingException: Configuration problem: Unable to locate NamespaceHandler for namespace [http://www.ibm.com/schema/objectgrid]
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.parsing.FailFastProblemReporter.error(FailFastProblemReporter.java:57)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.parsing.ReaderContext.error(ReaderContext.java:64)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.parsing.ReaderContext.error(ReaderContext.java:55)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.BeanDefinitionParserDelegate.parseCustomElement(BeanDefinitionParserDelegate.java:1144)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.BeanDefinitionParserDelegate.parseCustomElement(BeanDefinitionParserDelegate.java:1137)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.DefaultBeanDefinitionDocumentReader.parseBeanDefinitions(DefaultBeanDefinitionDocumentReader.java:145)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.DefaultBeanDefinitionDocumentReader.registerBeanDefinitions(DefaultBeanDefinitionDocumentReader.java:89)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.registerBeanDefinitions(XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:499)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.doLoadBeanDefinitions(XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:407)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinitions(XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:357)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinitions(XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:334)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinitions(AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.java:126)
        at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractXmlApplicationContext.loadBeanDefinitions(AbstractXmlApplicationContext.java:109)
        at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractXmlApplicationContext.loadBeanDefinitions(AbstractXmlApplicationContext.java:79)
        at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractRefreshableApplicationContext.refreshBeanFactory(AbstractRefreshableApplicationContext.java:94)
        at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.refresh(AbstractApplicationContext.java:294)
        at org.springframework.context.support.ClassPathXmlApplicationContext.<init>(ClassPathXmlApplicationContext.java:180)
        at org.springframework.context.support.ClassPathXmlApplicationContext.<init>(ClassPathXmlApplicationContext.java:156)
        at org.springframework.context.support.ClassPathXmlApplicationContext.<init>(ClassPathXmlApplicationContext.java:143)
        at com.ibm.websphere.xs.sample.spring.server.CatalogService.startServer(CatalogService.java:41)
        ... 1 more

I have put in the classpath the new jar file: com.ibm.ws.xs.client_1.1(I think this one replace the ogspring.jar and objectgrid.jar.

I appreciate any help.

Gurdaneta

Updated on 2013-06-25T17:19:46Z at 2013-06-25T17:19:46Z by gurdaneta
  • lisaw
    lisaw
    101 Posts

‏2013-06-26T14:23:44Z  
    • gurdaneta
    • ‏2013-06-25T17:02:15Z

Hi Liza,

I was getting issues with my browser to write, well the issues we have is related to the new config for ogspring.jar, now that i saw for the version 8.6, i am getting a weird error related to the Spring file parsing, i am using the same sample that you mean.

Getting started with WXS and Spring., it is not working for me, the error it is:

CatalogService: Starting the catalog service...
    Jun 25, 2013 10:19:35 AM org.springframework.core.CollectionFactory <clinit>
    Jun 25, 2013 10:19:35 AM org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader loadBeanDefinitions
    INFO: Loading XML bean definitions from class path resource [/META-INF/spcatalogservice.xml]
    org.springframework.beans.factory.parsing.BeanDefinitionParsingException: Configuration problem: Unable to locate NamespaceHandler for namespace [http://www.ibm.com/schema/objectgrid]
    Exception in thread "main" com.ibm.websphere.objectgrid.ObjectGridRuntimeException: Unable to start the catalog service.
        at com.ibm.websphere.xs.sample.spring.server.CatalogService.startServer(CatalogService.java:51)
    Caused by: org.springframework.beans.factory.parsing.BeanDefinitionParsingException: Configuration problem: Unable to locate NamespaceHandler for namespace [http://www.ibm.com/schema/objectgrid]
        ... 1 more

I have put in the classpath the new jar file: com.ibm.ws.xs.client_1.1(I think this one replace the ogspring.jar and objectgrid.jar.

I appreciate any help.

Gurdaneta

Hello again! I just tried out the WXSSpringCache.zip download.  You'll need to follow the README.TXT and download your spring libraries and put them in a lib directory so the classpath can see them.

org.springframework.aop-3.1.1.RELEASE.jar
    org.springframework.asm-3.1.1.RELEASE.jar
    org.springframework.beans-3.1.1.RELEASE.jar
    org.springframework.context-3.1.1.RELEASE.jar
    org.springframework.core-3.1.1.RELEASE.jar
    org.springframework.expression-3.1.1.RELEASE.jar
    commons-logging-1.1.1.jar
    aopalliance.jar

The runcat script would pick up the ogclient.jar when starting the catalog server, and it should start up.

You say you have put a new jar com.ibm.ws.xs.client_1.1.jar in the classpath, but that jar is used for the liberty profile client and would require you to configure liberty runtime is a different way.  I would use the ogclient.jar instead when running in a standalone capacity.  Also, com.ibm.ws.xs.client_1.1.jar does not replace ogclient.jar and ogspring.jar.

If your intent is to get spring running in liberty, we can continue this discussion on how, but as for now, if you are interested in running the getting started sample, please follow the instructions, get that working, and then work from there.  Let me know what you find.

• gurdaneta
    gurdaneta
    13 Posts

‏2013-07-09T18:12:54Z  
    • lisaw
    • ‏2013-06-26T14:23:44Z

Hello again! I just tried out the WXSSpringCache.zip download.  You'll need to follow the README.TXT and download your spring libraries and put them in a lib directory so the classpath can see them.

org.springframework.aop-3.1.1.RELEASE.jar
    org.springframework.asm-3.1.1.RELEASE.jar
    org.springframework.beans-3.1.1.RELEASE.jar
    org.springframework.context-3.1.1.RELEASE.jar
    org.springframework.core-3.1.1.RELEASE.jar
    org.springframework.expression-3.1.1.RELEASE.jar
    commons-logging-1.1.1.jar
    aopalliance.jar

The runcat script would pick up the ogclient.jar when starting the catalog server, and it should start up.

You say you have put a new jar com.ibm.ws.xs.client_1.1.jar in the classpath, but that jar is used for the liberty profile client and would require you to configure liberty runtime is a different way.  I would use the ogclient.jar instead when running in a standalone capacity.  Also, com.ibm.ws.xs.client_1.1.jar does not replace ogclient.jar and ogspring.jar.

If your intent is to get spring running in liberty, we can continue this discussion on how, but as for now, if you are interested in running the getting started sample, please follow the instructions, get that working, and then work from there.  Let me know what you find.

Hi Lisa,

Thanks for your response, but i continue to get errors like:

I put in my classpath the jars file ogspring.jar and ogclient.jar and the old error is not there, but I am getting the following error:

Any help I really appreciate.

Jul 9, 2013 11:09:30 AM org.springframework.beans.factory.support.CglibSubclassingInstantiationStrategy instantiate
    WARNING: Factory method [public static com.ibm.websphere.objectgrid.server.Server com.ibm.ws.objectgrid.spring.namespace.ServerProxy.createServer(com.ibm.ws.objectgrid.spring.namespace.ServerProperties)] threw exception
    Throwable occurred: java.lang.IllegalStateException: CWOBJ0902W: An error prevented the ObjectGrid runtime component from starting for server: cs1.
        at com.ibm.websphere.objectgrid.server.ServerFactory.initialize(ServerFactory.java:375)
        at com.ibm.websphere.objectgrid.server.ServerFactory$2.run(ServerFactory.java:307)
        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(AccessController.java:229)
        at com.ibm.websphere.objectgrid.server.ServerFactory.getInstance(ServerFactory.java:305)
        at com.ibm.ws.objectgrid.spring.namespace.ServerProxy.createServer(ServerProxy.java:261)
        at com.ibm.ws.objectgrid.spring.namespace.ServerProxy.createServer(ServerProxy.java:50)
        at com.ibm.ws.objectgrid.spring.namespace.ServerProxy.createServer(ServerProxy.java:46)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:60)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:37)
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:611)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.SimpleInstantiationStrategy.instantiate(SimpleInstantiationStrategy.java:109)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.ConstructorResolver.instantiateUsingFactoryMethod(ConstructorResolver.java:281)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.instantiateUsingFactoryMethod(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:665)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBeanInstance(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:617)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:380)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory$1.getObject(AbstractBeanFactory.java:245)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.getSingleton(DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.java:141)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:242)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:156)
        at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.getBean(AbstractApplicationContext.java:642)
        at com.ibm.websphere.xs.sample.spring.server.CatalogService.startServer(CatalogService.java:46)
    Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.ibm.ws.objectgrid.ServerLifecycleListenerDelegateImpl
        at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:170)
        at com.ibm.ws.xs.util.dopriv.DoPrivUtil$1.run(DoPrivUtil.java:54)
        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(AccessController.java:280)
        at com.ibm.ws.xs.util.dopriv.DoPrivUtil.forName(DoPrivUtil.java:52)
        at com.ibm.ws.xs.util.dopriv.DoPrivUtil.forName(DoPrivUtil.java:46)
        at com.ibm.websphere.objectgrid.server.ServerFactory.initialize(ServerFactory.java:349)
        ... 22 more
    [7/9/13 11:09:30:877 PDT] 00000000 CglibSubclass W org.springframework.beans.factory.support.CglibSubclassingInstantiationStrategy instantiate Factory method [public static com.ibm.websphere.objectgrid.server.Server com.ibm.ws.objectgrid.spring.namespace.ServerProxy.createServer(com.ibm.ws.objectgrid.spring.namespace.ServerProperties)] threw exception
                                     java.lang.IllegalStateException: CWOBJ0902W: An error prevented the ObjectGrid runtime component from starting for server: cs1.
        at com.ibm.websphere.objectgrid.server.ServerFactory.initialize(ServerFactory.java:375)
        at com.ibm.websphere.objectgrid.server.ServerFactory$2.run(ServerFactory.java:307)
        at com.ibm.websphere.objectgrid.server.ServerFactory.getInstance(ServerFactory.java:305)
        at com.ibm.ws.objectgrid.spring.namespace.ServerProxy.createServer(ServerProxy.java:261)
        at com.ibm.ws.objectgrid.spring.namespace.ServerProxy.createServer(ServerProxy.java:50)
        at com.ibm.ws.objectgrid.spring.namespace.ServerProxy.createServer(ServerProxy.java:46)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:60)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:37)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.SimpleInstantiationStrategy.instantiate(SimpleInstantiationStrategy.java:109)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.ConstructorResolver.instantiateUsingFactoryMethod(ConstructorResolver.java:281)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.instantiateUsingFactoryMethod(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:665)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBeanInstance(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:617)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:380)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory$1.getObject(AbstractBeanFactory.java:245)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.getSingleton(DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.java:141)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:242)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:156)
        at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.getBean(AbstractApplicationContext.java:642)
        at com.ibm.websphere.xs.sample.spring.server.CatalogService.startServer(CatalogService.java:46)
    Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.ibm.ws.objectgrid.ServerLifecycleListenerDelegateImpl
        at com.ibm.websphere.objectgrid.server.ServerFactory.initialize(ServerFactory.java:349)
        ... 22 more

org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'server': Instantiation of bean failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanDefinitionStoreException: Factory method [public static com.ibm.websphere.objectgrid.server.Server com.ibm.ws.objectgrid.spring.namespace.ServerProxy.createServer(com.ibm.ws.objectgrid.spring.namespace.ServerProperties)] threw exception; nested exception is java.lang.IllegalStateException: CWOBJ0902W: An error prevented the ObjectGrid runtime component from starting for server: cs1.
    Caused by: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanDefinitionStoreException: Factory method [public static com.ibm.websphere.objectgrid.server.Server com.ibm.ws.objectgrid.spring.namespace.ServerProxy.createServer(com.ibm.ws.objectgrid.spring.namespace.ServerProperties)] threw exception; nested exception is java.lang.IllegalStateException: CWOBJ0902W: An error prevented the ObjectGrid runtime component from starting for server: cs1.
    Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: CWOBJ0902W: An error prevented the ObjectGrid runtime component from starting for server: cs1.
        ... 22 more
    Caused by: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'server': Instantiation of bean failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanDefinitionStoreException: Factory method [public static com.ibm.websphere.objectgrid.server.Server com.ibm.ws.objectgrid.spring.namespace.ServerProxy.createServer(com.ibm.ws.objectgrid.spring.namespace.ServerProperties)] threw exception; nested exception is java.lang.IllegalStateException: CWOBJ0902W: An error prevented the ObjectGrid runtime component from starting for server: cs1.
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:442)
        ... 1 more
    Caused by: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanDefinitionStoreException: Factory method [public static com.ibm.websphere.objectgrid.server.Server com.ibm.ws.objectgrid.spring.namespace.ServerProxy.createServer(com.ibm.ws.objectgrid.spring.namespace.ServerProperties)] threw exception; nested exception is java.lang.IllegalStateException: CWOBJ0902W: An error prevented the ObjectGrid runtime component from starting for server: cs1.
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.SimpleInstantiationStrategy.instantiate(SimpleInstantiationStrategy.java:125)
        ... 7 more
    Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: CWOBJ0902W: An error prevented the ObjectGrid runtime component from starting for server: cs1.
        ... 11 more
        ... 22 more

• lisaw
    lisaw
    101 Posts

‏2013-07-09T20:34:16Z  
    • gurdaneta
    • ‏2013-07-09T18:12:54Z

Hi Lisa,

Thanks for your response, but i continue to get errors like:

I put in my classpath the jars file ogspring.jar and ogclient.jar and the old error is not there, but I am getting the following error:

Any help I really appreciate.

Jul 9, 2013 11:09:30 AM org.springframework.beans.factory.support.CglibSubclassingInstantiationStrategy instantiate
    WARNING: Factory method [public static com.ibm.websphere.objectgrid.server.Server com.ibm.ws.objectgrid.spring.namespace.ServerProxy.createServer(com.ibm.ws.objectgrid.spring.namespace.ServerProperties)] threw exception
    Throwable occurred: java.lang.IllegalStateException: CWOBJ0902W: An error prevented the ObjectGrid runtime component from starting for server: cs1.
        ... 22 more
    [7/9/13 11:09:30:877 PDT] 00000000 CglibSubclass W org.springframework.beans.factory.support.CglibSubclassingInstantiationStrategy instantiate Factory method [public static com.ibm.websphere.objectgrid.server.Server com.ibm.ws.objectgrid.spring.namespace.ServerProxy.createServer(com.ibm.ws.objectgrid.spring.namespace.ServerProperties)] threw exception
                                     java.lang.IllegalStateException: CWOBJ0902W: An error prevented the ObjectGrid runtime component from starting for server: cs1.
        ... 22 more

org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'server': Instantiation of bean failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanDefinitionStoreException: Factory method [public static com.ibm.websphere.objectgrid.server.Server com.ibm.ws.objectgrid.spring.namespace.ServerProxy.createServer(com.ibm.ws.objectgrid.spring.namespace.ServerProperties)] threw exception; nested exception is java.lang.IllegalStateException: CWOBJ0902W: An error prevented the ObjectGrid runtime component from starting for server: cs1.
        ... 22 more
    Caused by: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'server': Instantiation of bean failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanDefinitionStoreException: Factory method [public static com.ibm.websphere.objectgrid.server.Server com.ibm.ws.objectgrid.spring.namespace.ServerProxy.createServer(com.ibm.ws.objectgrid.spring.namespace.ServerProperties)] threw exception; nested exception is java.lang.IllegalStateException: CWOBJ0902W: An error prevented the ObjectGrid runtime component from starting for server: cs1.
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:442)
        ... 1 more
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.SimpleInstantiationStrategy.instantiate(SimpleInstantiationStrategy.java:125)
        ... 7 more
        ... 11 more
        ... 22 more

I think you are missing objectgrid.jar in your classpath now to start up a catalog server.

• gurdaneta
    gurdaneta
    13 Posts

‏2013-07-09T22:08:35Z  
    • lisaw
    • ‏2013-07-09T20:34:16Z

I think you are missing objectgrid.jar in your classpath now to start up a catalog server.

Hi Lisa,

Ok, I think so too, but in my eXtreme Scale version I do not see any objectgrid.jar, Do you have any idea about How can I get this jar file, it is have been a difficult file to find.

Please would you like to help me?

By the way I think we need this file for the WXSSpringCache.zip example, it is looking for a

com.ibm.ws.objectgrid.InitializationService otherwise we can get an exception,  this com.ibm.ws.objectgrid.InitializationService is not there for any jar file, maybe for the objectgrid.jar, but again how can I get that jar file?

Please help me. I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Guillermo Urdaneta

• lisaw
    lisaw
    101 Posts

‏2013-07-10T15:45:44Z  
    • gurdaneta
    • ‏2013-07-09T22:08:35Z

Hi Lisa,

Ok, I think so too, but in my eXtreme Scale version I do not see any objectgrid.jar, Do you have any idea about How can I get this jar file, it is have been a difficult file to find.

Please would you like to help me?

By the way I think we need this file for the WXSSpringCache.zip example, it is looking for a

com.ibm.ws.objectgrid.InitializationService otherwise we can get an exception,  this com.ibm.ws.objectgrid.InitializationService is not there for any jar file, maybe for the objectgrid.jar, but again how can I get that jar file?

Please help me. I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Guillermo Urdaneta

What options did you install eXtreme Scale? There is a server and a client option.  The server will come with objectgrid.jar and ogclient.jar, whereas the client install will only have ogclient.jar.  Below are what product offerings you will see when installing, and if it says client only in the name, you will not get the objectgrid.jar.  The other offerings will give you the option of installing the server and getting objectgrid.jar.

http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/wxsinfo/v8r6/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.websphere.extremescale.doc%2Ftxs_installation_dist_xs_gui.html

• WebSphere eXtreme Scale in a stand-alone environment
    • WebSphere eXtreme Scale Client in a stand-alone environment
    • WebSphere eXtreme Scale for WebSphere Application Server Version 7
    • WebSphere eXtreme Scale for WebSphere Application Server Version 8
    • WebSphere eXtreme Scale Client for WebSphere Application Server Version 7
    • WebSphere eXtreme Scale Client for WebSphere Application Server Version 8
  • gurdaneta
    gurdaneta
    13 Posts

‏2013-07-10T16:00:18Z  
    • lisaw
    • ‏2013-07-10T15:45:44Z

What options did you install eXtreme Scale? There is a server and a client option.  The server will come with objectgrid.jar and ogclient.jar, whereas the client install will only have ogclient.jar.  Below are what product offerings you will see when installing, and if it says client only in the name, you will not get the objectgrid.jar.  The other offerings will give you the option of installing the server and getting objectgrid.jar.

http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/wxsinfo/v8r6/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.websphere.extremescale.doc%2Ftxs_installation_dist_xs_gui.html

• WebSphere eXtreme Scale in a stand-alone environment
    • WebSphere eXtreme Scale Client in a stand-alone environment
    • WebSphere eXtreme Scale for WebSphere Application Server Version 7
    • WebSphere eXtreme Scale for WebSphere Application Server Version 8
    • WebSphere eXtreme Scale Client for WebSphere Application Server Version 7
    • WebSphere eXtreme Scale Client for WebSphere Application Server Version 8

Hi Lisa,

Well I am using this install=>

wxs-wlp_8.6.0.1.jar

I am going to check it with the information you gave me.

Thanks.

gurdaneta

• lisaw
    lisaw
    101 Posts

‏2013-07-10T17:48:22Z  
    • gurdaneta
    • ‏2013-07-10T16:00:18Z

Hi Lisa,

wxs-wlp_8.6.0.1.jar

Thanks.

gurdaneta

Okay, you are installing eXtreme Scale for Liberty Profile.  There is a whole different way to configure your applications on the Liberty Profile using the eXtreme Scale grid instead of just adding ogclient.jar and objectgrid.jar into your application or classpath. Liberty profile is based on OSGi, which you could add ogspring.jar potentially to the Liberty profile as a bundle, but I'm afraid spring and eXtrreme Scale on Liberty profile have yet to be integrated together.

http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/wxsinfo/v8r6/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.websphere.extremescale.doc%2Fcxsliberty.html

That said, running eXtreme Scale standalone has been working for quite some time so it's not out of the question that Liberty Profile and eXtreme Scale wouldn't work.  We can explore getting Spring to work with Liberty Profile with some work.

The way you start up catalog servers for instance on WXS for Liberty profile is different, you use the server.xml to start up catalog and container servers. From there, we'd need to import the ogspring bundle into your application deployed on liberty which I haven't tried yet, so I'm not sure it would work at the moment.

I hope this helps clear up the issues you have been seeing.

• gurdaneta
    gurdaneta
    13 Posts

‏2013-07-10T18:22:10Z  
    • gurdaneta
    • ‏2013-07-10T16:00:18Z

Hi Lisa,

wxs-wlp_8.6.0.1.jar

Thanks.

gurdaneta

Hi lisa,

I got the objectgrid.jar, and i can start the catalog and container, but when I try to run the client app, i am getting the following error:

Please I appreciate any help.

Jul 10, 2013 11:17:56 AM org.springframework.core.CollectionFactory <clinit>
    Jul 10, 2013 11:17:56 AM org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader loadBeanDefinitions
    INFO: Loading XML bean definitions from class path resource [/META-INF/spclient.xml]
    Jul 10, 2013 11:17:56 AM org.springframework.context.support.ClassPathXmlApplicationContext refreshBeanFactory
    INFO: Bean factory for application context [org.springframework.context.support.ClassPathXmlApplicationContext;hashCode=-1624119801]: org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory defining beans [org.springframework.aop.config.internalAutoProxyCreator,client,org.springframework.transaction.interceptor.TransactionAttributeSourceAdvisor,ObjectGridManager,ObjectGrid,transactionManager,Service,hashIndex]; root of BeanFactory hierarchy
    Jul 10, 2013 11:17:56 AM org.springframework.context.support.ClassPathXmlApplicationContext refresh
    INFO: 8 beans defined in application context [org.springframework.context.support.ClassPathXmlApplicationContext;hashCode=-1624119801]
    Jul 10, 2013 11:17:56 AM org.springframework.aop.framework.DefaultAopProxyFactory <clinit>
    INFO: CGLIB2 not available: proxyTargetClass feature disabled
    Jul 10, 2013 11:17:56 AM org.springframework.context.support.ClassPathXmlApplicationContext postProcessAfterInitialization
    INFO: Bean 'org.springframework.aop.config.internalAutoProxyCreator' is not eligible for getting processed by all BeanPostProcessors (for example: not eligible for auto-proxying)
    Jul 10, 2013 11:17:56 AM org.springframework.context.support.ClassPathXmlApplicationContext initMessageSource
    INFO: Unable to locate MessageSource with name 'messageSource': using default [org.springframework.context.support.DelegatingMessageSource@ab41f783]
    Jul 10, 2013 11:17:56 AM org.springframework.context.support.ClassPathXmlApplicationContext initApplicationEventMulticaster
    INFO: Unable to locate ApplicationEventMulticaster with name 'applicationEventMulticaster': using default [org.springframework.context.event.SimpleApplicationEventMulticaster@bc7e43c2]
    Jul 10, 2013 11:17:56 AM org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory preInstantiateSingletons
    INFO: Pre-instantiating singletons in factory [org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory defining beans [org.springframework.aop.config.internalAutoProxyCreator,client,org.springframework.transaction.interceptor.TransactionAttributeSourceAdvisor,ObjectGridManager,ObjectGrid,transactionManager,Service,hashIndex]; root of BeanFactory hierarchy]
    Jul 10, 2013 11:17:56 AM null null
    WARNING: MULTIPLE_JAR_FILE_CWOBJ1400W
    [7/10/13 11:17:56:937 PDT] 00000000 RuntimeInfo   W   CWOBJ1400W: Detected multiple ObjectGrid runtime JAR files in the JVM.  Using multiple ObjectGrid runtime JAR files might cause problems.
    Jul 10, 2013 11:17:57 AM null null
    INFO: INTERNAL_OBJECTGRID_VERSION_CWOBJ0903
    INFO: WXS_PROPERTY_CWOBJ0054
    [7/10/13 11:17:57:545 PDT] 00000000 RuntimeInfo   I   CWOBJ0903I: The internal version of WebSphere eXtreme Scale is v7.0.2 (8.6.0.2) [cf21323.07120159].
    [7/10/13 11:17:57:545 PDT] 00000000 WXSProperties I   CWOBJ0054I: The value of the "com.ibm.websphere.objectgrid.container.reconnect.block.reconnect.time" property is "30000".
    [7/10/13 11:17:57:545 PDT] 00000000 WXSProperties I   CWOBJ0054I: The value of the "com.ibm.websphere.objectgrid.container.reconnect.min.successful.heartbeats" property is "10".
    [7/10/13 11:17:57:545 PDT] 00000000 WXSProperties I   CWOBJ0054I: The value of the "com.ibm.websphere.objectgrid.container.reconnect.restart" property is "true".
    [7/10/13 11:17:57:545 PDT] 00000000 WXSProperties I   CWOBJ0054I: The value of the "com.ibm.websphere.objectgrid.container.reconnect.restart.delay" property is "2000".
    [7/10/13 11:17:57:545 PDT] 00000000 WXSProperties I   CWOBJ0054I: The value of the "com.ibm.websphere.objectgrid.container.reconnect.restart.parent.timeout" property is "180000".
    [7/10/13 11:17:57:545 PDT] 00000000 WXSProperties I   CWOBJ0054I: The value of the "com.ibm.websphere.objectgrid.container.reconnect.retry.forever" property is "false".
    [7/10/13 11:17:57:561 PDT] 00000000 WXSProperties I   CWOBJ0054I: The value of the "com.ibm.websphere.objectgrid.catalog.placement.rebalance.delay.post.container.stop" property is "500".
    [7/10/13 11:17:57:561 PDT] 00000000 WXSProperties I   CWOBJ0054I: The value of the "com.ibm.websphere.xs.catalog.disjoin.thread.pool.min" property is "1".
    [7/10/13 11:17:57:561 PDT] 00000000 WXSProperties I   CWOBJ0054I: The value of the "com.ibm.websphere.xs.catalog.disjoin.thread.pool.max" property is "10".
    [7/10/13 11:17:57:561 PDT] 00000000 WXSProperties I   CWOBJ0054I: The value of the "com.ibm.websphere.xs.catalog.work.exec.thread.pool.min" property is "1".
    [7/10/13 11:17:57:561 PDT] 00000000 WXSProperties I   CWOBJ0054I: The value of the "com.ibm.websphere.xs.catalog.work.exec.thread.pool.max" property is "10".
    [7/10/13 11:17:57:561 PDT] 00000000 WXSProperties I   CWOBJ0054I: The value of the "com.ibm.websphere.xs.catalog.route.import.thread.pool.min" property is "1".
    [7/10/13 11:17:57:561 PDT] 00000000 WXSProperties I   CWOBJ0054I: The value of the "com.ibm.websphere.xs.catalog.route.import.thread.pool.max" property is "10".
    [7/10/13 11:17:57:561 PDT] 00000000 WXSProperties I   CWOBJ0054I: The value of the "com.ibm.websphere.xs.determine.transport.ssl.timeout" property is "10000".
    [7/10/13 11:17:57:561 PDT] 00000000 WXSProperties I   CWOBJ0054I: The value of the "com.ibm.websphere.xs.determine.transport.timeout" property is "10000".
    [7/10/13 11:17:57:561 PDT] 00000000 WXSProperties I   CWOBJ0054I: The value of the "com.ibm.websphere.xs.determine.transport.attempts" property is "3".
    [7/10/13 11:17:57:577 PDT] 00000000 WXSProperties I   CWOBJ0054I: The value of the "com.ibm.websphere.objectgrid.server.catalog.placement.work.timeout.value" property is "60000".
    Client: Connecting to the grid using endpoints: localhost:2809
    Jul 10, 2013 11:17:58 AM null null
    INFO: AUTO_DETECT_TRANSPORT_CWOBJ0204
    [7/10/13 11:17:58:716 PDT] 00000000 LocationServi I   CWOBJ0204I: The transport type of this Client JVM is being determined by contacting the catalog service domain with the catalog service endpoints of: localhost:2809.  
    INFO: ClientProperty_CWOBJ2020
    [7/10/13 11:17:58:796 PDT] 00000000 DefaultDepend I   CWOBJ2020I: Client properties are: preferLocalJVM=true, preferLocalHost=true, preferZones=null, features=[XSSYSTEM], bootStrapListShuffle=true.
    INFO: ORB_DEFAULT_PROPERTY_SET_CWOBJ0063
    [7/10/13 11:17:58:796 PDT] 00000000 DefaultDepend I   CWOBJ0063I: The com.ibm.CORBA.iiop.NoLocalCopies property was not configured. The com.ibm.CORBA.iiop.NoLocalCopies property is being set to true.
    [7/10/13 11:17:58:796 PDT] 00000000 DefaultDepend I   CWOBJ0063I: The com.ibm.CORBA.FragmentTimeout property was not configured. The com.ibm.CORBA.FragmentTimeout property is being set to 30.
    [7/10/13 11:17:58:796 PDT] 00000000 DefaultDepend I   CWOBJ0063I: The com.ibm.CORBA.FragmentSize property was not configured. The com.ibm.CORBA.FragmentSize property is being set to 0.
    [7/10/13 11:17:58:796 PDT] 00000000 DefaultDepend I   CWOBJ0063I: The com.ibm.CORBA.RequestTimeout property was not configured. The com.ibm.CORBA.RequestTimeout property is being set to 30.
    [7/10/13 11:17:58:796 PDT] 00000000 DefaultDepend I   CWOBJ0063I: The com.ibm.CORBA.SocketWriteTimeout property was not configured. The com.ibm.CORBA.SocketWriteTimeout property is being set to 30.
    [7/10/13 11:17:58:796 PDT] 00000000 DefaultDepend I   CWOBJ0063I: The com.ibm.CORBA.NoLocalInterceptors property was not configured. The com.ibm.CORBA.NoLocalInterceptors property is being set to true.
    [7/10/13 11:17:58:796 PDT] 00000000 DefaultDepend I   CWOBJ0063I: The com.ibm.CORBA.ThreadPool.MaximumSize property was not configured. The com.ibm.CORBA.ThreadPool.MaximumSize property is being set to 256.
    [7/10/13 11:17:58:812 PDT] 00000000 DefaultDepend I   CWOBJ0063I: The com.ibm.CORBA.MinOpenConnections property was not configured. The com.ibm.CORBA.MinOpenConnections property is being set to 1024.
    [7/10/13 11:17:58:812 PDT] 00000000 DefaultDepend I   CWOBJ0063I: The com.ibm.CORBA.ConnectionMultiplicity property was not configured. The com.ibm.CORBA.ConnectionMultiplicity property is being set to 1.
    [7/10/13 11:17:58:812 PDT] 00000000 DefaultDepend I   CWOBJ0063I: The com.ibm.CORBA.ThreadPool.IsGrowable property was not configured. The com.ibm.CORBA.ThreadPool.IsGrowable property is being set to false.
    [7/10/13 11:17:58:812 PDT] 00000000 DefaultDepend I   CWOBJ0063I: The com.ibm.CORBA.LocateRequestTimeout property was not configured. The com.ibm.CORBA.LocateRequestTimeout property is being set to 10.
    [7/10/13 11:17:58:812 PDT] 00000000 DefaultDepend I   CWOBJ0063I: The com.ibm.CORBA.ThreadPool.MinimumSize property was not configured. The com.ibm.CORBA.ThreadPool.MinimumSize property is being set to 256.
    [7/10/13 11:17:58:812 PDT] 00000000 DefaultDepend I   CWOBJ0063I: The com.ibm.CORBA.MaxOpenConnections property was not configured. The com.ibm.CORBA.MaxOpenConnections property is being set to 1024.
    [7/10/13 11:17:58:812 PDT] 00000000 DefaultDepend I   CWOBJ0063I: The com.ibm.CORBA.ServerSocketQueueDepth property was not configured. The com.ibm.CORBA.ServerSocketQueueDepth property is being set to 1024.
    [7/10/13 11:17:58:812 PDT] 00000000 DefaultDepend I   CWOBJ0063I: The com.ibm.ws.orb.transport.DeferSSLHandshake property was not configured. The com.ibm.ws.orb.transport.DeferSSLHandshake property is being set to true.
    Jul 10, 2013 11:17:59 AM null null
    INFO: Client code attempting to load security configuration
    [7/10/13 11:17:59:030 PDT] 00000000 SecurityObjec I   Client code attempting to load security configuration
    INFO: ORB_LISTENING_CWOBJ0917
    [7/10/13 11:17:59:077 PDT] 00000000 IBMOrbDepende I   CWOBJ0917I: Client ORB is listening on host and port 10.16.69.165:51621.
    INFO: ORB_VERSION_USED_CWOBJ0915
    [7/10/13 11:17:59:077 PDT] 00000000 IBMOrbDepende I   CWOBJ0915I: ORB version used is IBM Java ORB build orb626-20120304.00.
    INFO: ORB_PROPERTY_CWOBJ0062
    [7/10/13 11:17:59:092 PDT] 00000000 IBMOrbDepende I   CWOBJ0062I: The value of the "com.ibm.CORBA.ORBCharEncoding" ORB property is "UTF8".
    [7/10/13 11:17:59:092 PDT] 00000000 IBMOrbDepende I   CWOBJ0062I: The value of the "com.ibm.CORBA.enableLocateRequest" ORB property is "true".
    [7/10/13 11:17:59:092 PDT] 00000000 IBMOrbDepende I   CWOBJ0062I: The value of the "com.ibm.CORBA.NoLocalInterceptors" ORB property is "true".
    [7/10/13 11:17:59:092 PDT] 00000000 IBMOrbDepende I   CWOBJ0062I: The value of the "com.ibm.CORBA.RequestTimeout" ORB property is "30".
    [7/10/13 11:17:59:092 PDT] 00000000 IBMOrbDepende I   CWOBJ0062I: The value of the "com.ibm.CORBA.LocateRequestTimeout" ORB property is "10".
    [7/10/13 11:17:59:092 PDT] 00000000 IBMOrbDepende I   CWOBJ0062I: The value of the "com.ibm.CORBA.FragmentTimeout" ORB property is "30".
    [7/10/13 11:17:59:092 PDT] 00000000 IBMOrbDepende I   CWOBJ0062I: The value of the "com.ibm.CORBA.ConnectTimeout" ORB property is "10".
    [7/10/13 11:17:59:108 PDT] 00000000 IBMOrbDepende I   CWOBJ0062I: The value of the "com.ibm.CORBA.ConnectionMultiplicity" ORB property is "1".
    [7/10/13 11:17:59:108 PDT] 00000000 IBMOrbDepende I   CWOBJ0062I: The value of the "com.ibm.CORBA.MaxOpenConnections" ORB property is "1024".
    [7/10/13 11:17:59:108 PDT] 00000000 IBMOrbDepende I   CWOBJ0062I: The value of the "com.ibm.CORBA.MinOpenConnections" ORB property is "1024".
    [7/10/13 11:17:59:108 PDT] 00000000 IBMOrbDepende I   CWOBJ0062I: The value of the "com.ibm.CORBA.ServerSocketQueueDepth" ORB property is "1024".
    [7/10/13 11:17:59:108 PDT] 00000000 IBMOrbDepende I   CWOBJ0062I: The value of the "com.ibm.CORBA.ThreadPool.IsGrowable" ORB property is "false".
    [7/10/13 11:17:59:108 PDT] 00000000 IBMOrbDepende I   CWOBJ0062I: The value of the "com.ibm.CORBA.ThreadPool.MaximumSize" ORB property is "256".
    [7/10/13 11:17:59:108 PDT] 00000000 IBMOrbDepende I   CWOBJ0062I: The value of the "com.ibm.CORBA.ThreadPool.MinimumSize" ORB property is "256".
    [7/10/13 11:17:59:108 PDT] 00000000 IBMOrbDepende I   CWOBJ0062I: The value of the "com.ibm.CORBA.TransportMode" ORB property is "Pluggable".
    [7/10/13 11:17:59:108 PDT] 00000000 IBMOrbDepende I   CWOBJ0062I: The value of the "com.ibm.CORBA.SocketWriteTimeout" ORB property is "30".
    [7/10/13 11:17:59:108 PDT] 00000000 IBMOrbDepende I   CWOBJ0062I: The value of the "com.ibm.CORBA.FragmentSize" ORB property is "0".
    INFO: CURRENT_TRANSPORT_CWOBJ0200
    [7/10/13 11:17:59:716 PDT] 00000000 LocationServi I   CWOBJ0200I: The transport type is ORB.
    Jul 10, 2013 11:18:00 AM null null
    INFO: CLIENT_OVERRIDE_URL_CWOBJ2433
    [7/10/13 11:18:00:029 PDT] 00000000 ObjectGridMan I   CWOBJ2433I: Client-side ObjectGrid settings are going to be overridden for domain domain1 using the URL file:/C:/LibertyServer/libserserver/wlp/ObjectGrid/samples/GettingStartedSpring/client/bin/META-INF/clientObjectGrid.xml.
    Exception in thread "P=278827:O=0:CT" com.ibm.websphere.objectgrid.ObjectGridRuntimeException: Unable to connect to catalog server at endpoints:localhost:2809
        at com.ibm.websphere.xs.sample.spring.client.Client.connectClient(Client.java:101)
        at com.ibm.websphere.xs.sample.spring.client.Client.initialize(Client.java:72)
        at com.ibm.websphere.xs.sample.spring.client.Client.main(Client.java:58)
    Caused by: com.ibm.websphere.objectgrid.ObjectGridRuntimeException: The catalog server did not contain an ObjectGridDeployment matching the name Grid
        at com.ibm.ws.objectgrid.ObjectGridManagerImpl.getRemoteObjectGridDeployment(ObjectGridManagerImpl.java:327)
        at com.ibm.ws.objectgrid.ObjectGridManagerImpl.getObjectGrid(ObjectGridManagerImpl.java:967)
        at com.ibm.ws.objectgrid.ObjectGridManagerImpl.getObjectGrid(ObjectGridManagerImpl.java:856)
        at com.ibm.websphere.xs.sample.spring.client.Client.connectClient(Client.java:97)
        ... 2 more

• lisaw
    lisaw
    101 Posts

‏2013-07-10T18:48:07Z  
    • gurdaneta
    • ‏2013-07-10T18:22:10Z

Hi lisa,

I got the objectgrid.jar, and i can start the catalog and container, but when I try to run the client app, i am getting the following error:

Please I appreciate any help.

Jul 10, 2013 11:17:56 AM org.springframework.core.CollectionFactory <clinit>
    Jul 10, 2013 11:17:56 AM org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader loadBeanDefinitions
    INFO: Loading XML bean definitions from class path resource [/META-INF/spclient.xml]
    Jul 10, 2013 11:17:56 AM org.springframework.context.support.ClassPathXmlApplicationContext refreshBeanFactory
    INFO: Bean factory for application context [org.springframework.context.support.ClassPathXmlApplicationContext;hashCode=-1624119801]: org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory defining beans [org.springframework.aop.config.internalAutoProxyCreator,client,org.springframework.transaction.interceptor.TransactionAttributeSourceAdvisor,ObjectGridManager,ObjectGrid,transactionManager,Service,hashIndex]; root of BeanFactory hierarchy
    Jul 10, 2013 11:17:56 AM org.springframework.context.support.ClassPathXmlApplicationContext refresh
    INFO: 8 beans defined in application context [org.springframework.context.support.ClassPathXmlApplicationContext;hashCode=-1624119801]
    Jul 10, 2013 11:17:56 AM org.springframework.aop.framework.DefaultAopProxyFactory <clinit>
    INFO: CGLIB2 not available: proxyTargetClass feature disabled
    Jul 10, 2013 11:17:56 AM org.springframework.context.support.ClassPathXmlApplicationContext postProcessAfterInitialization
    INFO: Bean 'org.springframework.aop.config.internalAutoProxyCreator' is not eligible for getting processed by all BeanPostProcessors (for example: not eligible for auto-proxying)
    Jul 10, 2013 11:17:56 AM org.springframework.context.support.ClassPathXmlApplicationContext initMessageSource
    INFO: Unable to locate MessageSource with name 'messageSource': using default [org.springframework.context.support.DelegatingMessageSource@ab41f783]
    Jul 10, 2013 11:17:56 AM org.springframework.context.support.ClassPathXmlApplicationContext initApplicationEventMulticaster
    INFO: Unable to locate ApplicationEventMulticaster with name 'applicationEventMulticaster': using default [org.springframework.context.event.SimpleApplicationEventMulticaster@bc7e43c2]
    Jul 10, 2013 11:17:56 AM org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory preInstantiateSingletons
    INFO: Pre-instantiating singletons in factory [org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory defining beans [org.springframework.aop.config.internalAutoProxyCreator,client,org.springframework.transaction.interceptor.TransactionAttributeSourceAdvisor,ObjectGridManager,ObjectGrid,transactionManager,Service,hashIndex]; root of BeanFactory hierarchy]
    Jul 10, 2013 11:17:56 AM null null
    WARNING: MULTIPLE_JAR_FILE_CWOBJ1400W
    [7/10/13 11:17:56:937 PDT] 00000000 RuntimeInfo   W   CWOBJ1400W: Detected multiple ObjectGrid runtime JAR files in the JVM.  Using multiple ObjectGrid runtime JAR files might cause problems.
    INFO: INTERNAL_OBJECTGRID_VERSION_CWOBJ0903
    [7/10/13 11:17:57:545 PDT] 00000000 RuntimeInfo   I   CWOBJ0903I: The internal version of WebSphere eXtreme Scale is v7.0.2 (8.6.0.2) [cf21323.07120159].
    [7/10/13 11:17:57:545 PDT] 00000000 WXSProperties I   CWOBJ0054I: The value of the "com.ibm.websphere.objectgrid.container.reconnect.block.reconnect.time" property is "30000".
    [7/10/13 11:17:57:545 PDT] 00000000 WXSProperties I   CWOBJ0054I: The value of the "com.ibm.websphere.objectgrid.container.reconnect.min.successful.heartbeats" property is "10".
    [7/10/13 11:17:57:545 PDT] 00000000 WXSProperties I   CWOBJ0054I: The value of the "com.ibm.websphere.objectgrid.container.reconnect.restart" property is "true".
    [7/10/13 11:17:57:545 PDT] 00000000 WXSProperties I   CWOBJ0054I: The value of the "com.ibm.websphere.objectgrid.container.reconnect.restart.delay" property is "2000".
    [7/10/13 11:17:57:545 PDT] 00000000 WXSProperties I   CWOBJ0054I: The value of the "com.ibm.websphere.objectgrid.container.reconnect.restart.parent.timeout" property is "180000".
    [7/10/13 11:17:57:545 PDT] 00000000 WXSProperties I   CWOBJ0054I: The value of the "com.ibm.websphere.objectgrid.container.reconnect.retry.forever" property is "false".
    [7/10/13 11:17:57:561 PDT] 00000000 WXSProperties I   CWOBJ0054I: The value of the "com.ibm.websphere.objectgrid.catalog.placement.rebalance.delay.post.container.stop" property is "500".
    [7/10/13 11:17:57:561 PDT] 00000000 WXSProperties I   CWOBJ0054I: The value of the "com.ibm.websphere.xs.catalog.disjoin.thread.pool.min" property is "1".
    [7/10/13 11:17:57:561 PDT] 00000000 WXSProperties I   CWOBJ0054I: The value of the "com.ibm.websphere.xs.catalog.disjoin.thread.pool.max" property is "10".
    [7/10/13 11:17:57:561 PDT] 00000000 WXSProperties I   CWOBJ0054I: The value of the "com.ibm.websphere.xs.catalog.work.exec.thread.pool.min" property is "1".
    [7/10/13 11:17:57:561 PDT] 00000000 WXSProperties I   CWOBJ0054I: The value of the "com.ibm.websphere.xs.catalog.work.exec.thread.pool.max" property is "10".
    [7/10/13 11:17:57:561 PDT] 00000000 WXSProperties I   CWOBJ0054I: The value of the "com.ibm.websphere.xs.catalog.route.import.thread.pool.min" property is "1".
    [7/10/13 11:17:57:561 PDT] 00000000 WXSProperties I   CWOBJ0054I: The value of the "com.ibm.websphere.xs.catalog.route.import.thread.pool.max" property is "10".
    [7/10/13 11:17:57:561 PDT] 00000000 WXSProperties I   CWOBJ0054I: The value of the "com.ibm.websphere.xs.determine.transport.ssl.timeout" property is "10000".
    [7/10/13 11:17:57:561 PDT] 00000000 WXSProperties I   CWOBJ0054I: The value of the "com.ibm.websphere.xs.determine.transport.timeout" property is "10000".
    [7/10/13 11:17:57:561 PDT] 00000000 WXSProperties I   CWOBJ0054I: The value of the "com.ibm.websphere.xs.determine.transport.attempts" property is "3".
    [7/10/13 11:17:57:577 PDT] 00000000 WXSProperties I   CWOBJ0054I: The value of the "com.ibm.websphere.objectgrid.server.catalog.placement.work.timeout.value" property is "60000".
    Client: Connecting to the grid using endpoints: localhost:2809
    INFO: AUTO_DETECT_TRANSPORT_CWOBJ0204
    [7/10/13 11:17:58:716 PDT] 00000000 LocationServi I   CWOBJ0204I: The transport type of this Client JVM is being determined by contacting the catalog service domain with the catalog service endpoints of: localhost:2809.  
    INFO: ClientProperty_CWOBJ2020
    [7/10/13 11:17:58:796 PDT] 00000000 DefaultDepend I   CWOBJ2020I: Client properties are: preferLocalJVM=true, preferLocalHost=true, preferZones=null, features=[XSSYSTEM], bootStrapListShuffle=true.
    [7/10/13 11:17:58:796 PDT] 00000000 DefaultDepend I   CWOBJ0063I: The com.ibm.CORBA.iiop.NoLocalCopies property was not configured. The com.ibm.CORBA.iiop.NoLocalCopies property is being set to true.
    [7/10/13 11:17:58:796 PDT] 00000000 DefaultDepend I   CWOBJ0063I: The com.ibm.CORBA.FragmentTimeout property was not configured. The com.ibm.CORBA.FragmentTimeout property is being set to 30.
    [7/10/13 11:17:58:796 PDT] 00000000 DefaultDepend I   CWOBJ0063I: The com.ibm.CORBA.FragmentSize property was not configured. The com.ibm.CORBA.FragmentSize property is being set to 0.
    [7/10/13 11:17:58:796 PDT] 00000000 DefaultDepend I   CWOBJ0063I: The com.ibm.CORBA.RequestTimeout property was not configured. The com.ibm.CORBA.RequestTimeout property is being set to 30.
    [7/10/13 11:17:58:796 PDT] 00000000 DefaultDepend I   CWOBJ0063I: The com.ibm.CORBA.SocketWriteTimeout property was not configured. The com.ibm.CORBA.SocketWriteTimeout property is being set to 30.
    [7/10/13 11:17:58:796 PDT] 00000000 DefaultDepend I   CWOBJ0063I: The com.ibm.CORBA.NoLocalInterceptors property was not configured. The com.ibm.CORBA.NoLocalInterceptors property is being set to true.
    [7/10/13 11:17:58:796 PDT] 00000000 DefaultDepend I   CWOBJ0063I: The com.ibm.CORBA.ThreadPool.MaximumSize property was not configured. The com.ibm.CORBA.ThreadPool.MaximumSize property is being set to 256.
    [7/10/13 11:17:58:812 PDT] 00000000 DefaultDepend I   CWOBJ0063I: The com.ibm.CORBA.MinOpenConnections property was not configured. The com.ibm.CORBA.MinOpenConnections property is being set to 1024.
    [7/10/13 11:17:58:812 PDT] 00000000 DefaultDepend I   CWOBJ0063I: The com.ibm.CORBA.ConnectionMultiplicity property was not configured. The com.ibm.CORBA.ConnectionMultiplicity property is being set to 1.
    [7/10/13 11:17:58:812 PDT] 00000000 DefaultDepend I   CWOBJ0063I: The com.ibm.CORBA.ThreadPool.IsGrowable property was not configured. The com.ibm.CORBA.ThreadPool.IsGrowable property is being set to false.
    [7/10/13 11:17:58:812 PDT] 00000000 DefaultDepend I   CWOBJ0063I: The com.ibm.CORBA.LocateRequestTimeout property was not configured. The com.ibm.CORBA.LocateRequestTimeout property is being set to 10.
    [7/10/13 11:17:58:812 PDT] 00000000 DefaultDepend I   CWOBJ0063I: The com.ibm.CORBA.ThreadPool.MinimumSize property was not configured. The com.ibm.CORBA.ThreadPool.MinimumSize property is being set to 256.
    [7/10/13 11:17:58:812 PDT] 00000000 DefaultDepend I   CWOBJ0063I: The com.ibm.CORBA.MaxOpenConnections property was not configured. The com.ibm.CORBA.MaxOpenConnections property is being set to 1024.
    [7/10/13 11:17:58:812 PDT] 00000000 DefaultDepend I   CWOBJ0063I: The com.ibm.CORBA.ServerSocketQueueDepth property was not configured. The com.ibm.CORBA.ServerSocketQueueDepth property is being set to 1024.
    [7/10/13 11:17:58:812 PDT] 00000000 DefaultDepend I   CWOBJ0063I: The com.ibm.ws.orb.transport.DeferSSLHandshake property was not configured. The com.ibm.ws.orb.transport.DeferSSLHandshake property is being set to true.
    INFO: Client code attempting to load security configuration
    [7/10/13 11:17:59:030 PDT] 00000000 SecurityObjec I   Client code attempting to load security configuration
    INFO: ORB_LISTENING_CWOBJ0917
    [7/10/13 11:17:59:077 PDT] 00000000 IBMOrbDepende I   CWOBJ0917I: Client ORB is listening on host and port 10.16.69.165:51621.
    INFO: ORB_VERSION_USED_CWOBJ0915
    [7/10/13 11:17:59:077 PDT] 00000000 IBMOrbDepende I   CWOBJ0915I: ORB version used is IBM Java ORB build orb626-20120304.00.
    [7/10/13 11:17:59:092 PDT] 00000000 IBMOrbDepende I   CWOBJ0062I: The value of the "com.ibm.CORBA.ORBCharEncoding" ORB property is "UTF8".
    [7/10/13 11:17:59:092 PDT] 00000000 IBMOrbDepende I   CWOBJ0062I: The value of the "com.ibm.CORBA.enableLocateRequest" ORB property is "true".
    [7/10/13 11:17:59:092 PDT] 00000000 IBMOrbDepende I   CWOBJ0062I: The value of the "com.ibm.CORBA.NoLocalInterceptors" ORB property is "true".
    [7/10/13 11:17:59:092 PDT] 00000000 IBMOrbDepende I   CWOBJ0062I: The value of the "com.ibm.CORBA.RequestTimeout" ORB property is "30".
    [7/10/13 11:17:59:092 PDT] 00000000 IBMOrbDepende I   CWOBJ0062I: The value of the "com.ibm.CORBA.LocateRequestTimeout" ORB property is "10".
    [7/10/13 11:17:59:092 PDT] 00000000 IBMOrbDepende I   CWOBJ0062I: The value of the "com.ibm.CORBA.FragmentTimeout" ORB property is "30".
    [7/10/13 11:17:59:092 PDT] 00000000 IBMOrbDepende I   CWOBJ0062I: The value of the "com.ibm.CORBA.ConnectTimeout" ORB property is "10".
    [7/10/13 11:17:59:108 PDT] 00000000 IBMOrbDepende I   CWOBJ0062I: The value of the "com.ibm.CORBA.ConnectionMultiplicity" ORB property is "1".
    [7/10/13 11:17:59:108 PDT] 00000000 IBMOrbDepende I   CWOBJ0062I: The value of the "com.ibm.CORBA.MaxOpenConnections" ORB property is "1024".
    [7/10/13 11:17:59:108 PDT] 00000000 IBMOrbDepende I   CWOBJ0062I: The value of the "com.ibm.CORBA.MinOpenConnections" ORB property is "1024".
    [7/10/13 11:17:59:108 PDT] 00000000 IBMOrbDepende I   CWOBJ0062I: The value of the "com.ibm.CORBA.ServerSocketQueueDepth" ORB property is "1024".
    [7/10/13 11:17:59:108 PDT] 00000000 IBMOrbDepende I   CWOBJ0062I: The value of the "com.ibm.CORBA.ThreadPool.IsGrowable" ORB property is "false".
    [7/10/13 11:17:59:108 PDT] 00000000 IBMOrbDepende I   CWOBJ0062I: The value of the "com.ibm.CORBA.ThreadPool.MaximumSize" ORB property is "256".
    [7/10/13 11:17:59:108 PDT] 00000000 IBMOrbDepende I   CWOBJ0062I: The value of the "com.ibm.CORBA.ThreadPool.MinimumSize" ORB property is "256".
    [7/10/13 11:17:59:108 PDT] 00000000 IBMOrbDepende I   CWOBJ0062I: The value of the "com.ibm.CORBA.TransportMode" ORB property is "Pluggable".
    [7/10/13 11:17:59:108 PDT] 00000000 IBMOrbDepende I   CWOBJ0062I: The value of the "com.ibm.CORBA.SocketWriteTimeout" ORB property is "30".
    [7/10/13 11:17:59:108 PDT] 00000000 IBMOrbDepende I   CWOBJ0062I: The value of the "com.ibm.CORBA.FragmentSize" ORB property is "0".
    INFO: CURRENT_TRANSPORT_CWOBJ0200
    [7/10/13 11:17:59:716 PDT] 00000000 LocationServi I   CWOBJ0200I: The transport type is ORB.
    Jul 10, 2013 11:18:00 AM null null
    INFO: CLIENT_OVERRIDE_URL_CWOBJ2433
    [7/10/13 11:18:00:029 PDT] 00000000 ObjectGridMan I   CWOBJ2433I: Client-side ObjectGrid settings are going to be overridden for domain domain1 using the URL file:/C:/LibertyServer/libserserver/wlp/ObjectGrid/samples/GettingStartedSpring/client/bin/META-INF/clientObjectGrid.xml.
    Exception in thread "P=278827:O=0:CT" com.ibm.websphere.objectgrid.ObjectGridRuntimeException: Unable to connect to catalog server at endpoints:localhost:2809
        at com.ibm.websphere.xs.sample.spring.client.Client.connectClient(Client.java:101)
        at com.ibm.websphere.xs.sample.spring.client.Client.initialize(Client.java:72)
        at com.ibm.websphere.xs.sample.spring.client.Client.main(Client.java:58)
    Caused by: com.ibm.websphere.objectgrid.ObjectGridRuntimeException: The catalog server did not contain an ObjectGridDeployment matching the name Grid
        at com.ibm.ws.objectgrid.ObjectGridManagerImpl.getRemoteObjectGridDeployment(ObjectGridManagerImpl.java:327)
        at com.ibm.ws.objectgrid.ObjectGridManagerImpl.getObjectGrid(ObjectGridManagerImpl.java:967)
        at com.ibm.ws.objectgrid.ObjectGridManagerImpl.getObjectGrid(ObjectGridManagerImpl.java:856)
        at com.ibm.websphere.xs.sample.spring.client.Client.connectClient(Client.java:97)
        ... 2 more

For Liberty Profile, you'd need to have your objectGrid.xml and objectgridDeployment.xml in the grids directory of the liberty install.  I'm not sure how you are starting up the catalog/container servers if you are in Liberty or if you are using standalone.  However, I do see you are getting an error:
    WARNING: MULTIPLE_JAR_FILE_CWOBJ1400W,
    meaning you have more than you should extreme scale jars in your runtime, which you probably did because I told you that you'd need objectgrid.jar in your path.

Are you running extreme scale in liberty? Or have you moved off to try running this just standalone by adding jars to your classpath?

• gurdaneta
    gurdaneta
    13 Posts

‏2013-07-10T19:41:56Z  
    • lisaw
    • ‏2013-07-10T18:48:07Z

For Liberty Profile, you'd need to have your objectGrid.xml and objectgridDeployment.xml in the grids directory of the liberty install.  I'm not sure how you are starting up the catalog/container servers if you are in Liberty or if you are using standalone.  However, I do see you are getting an error:
    WARNING: MULTIPLE_JAR_FILE_CWOBJ1400W,
    meaning you have more than you should extreme scale jars in your runtime, which you probably did because I told you that you'd need objectgrid.jar in your path.

Are you running extreme scale in liberty? Or have you moved off to try running this just standalone by adding jars to your classpath?

Hi Lisa,

Ok, but what happen if i am using the stand alone? against liberty profile, I know if we are using liberty profile, we need to put the objectgrid files inside grids directory.

What about for the stand alone?, you know i am getting this error for the stand alone.

Please i appreciate any help.

thanks

gurdaneta

• lisaw
    lisaw
    101 Posts

‏2013-07-17T15:33:33Z  
    • gurdaneta
    • ‏2013-07-10T19:41:56Z

Hi Lisa,

Ok, but what happen if i am using the stand alone? against liberty profile, I know if we are using liberty profile, we need to put the objectgrid files inside grids directory.

What about for the stand alone?, you know i am getting this error for the stand alone.

Please i appreciate any help.

thanks

gurdaneta

I think the issue comes down to the "WARNING: MULTIPLE_JAR_FILE_CWOBJ1400W". Your client itself only needs ogclient.jar if running standalone. When you start up your catalog and containers, you can use objectgrid.jar only.  Then when you invoke your client to connect to them, you can use ogclient.jar.  Other jars containing eXtreme Scale are being loaded at the same time, and that might be causing the issue.

Your install path includes LibertyServer and wlp so I'm just getting a bit confused how Liberty is fitting into this.