• 194 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-05-01T01:56:37Z by RaghavSood
SandeepDattaraju
SandeepDattaraju
664 Posts

Pinned topic Help for TGMC - 2012

‏2012-08-11T13:52:16Z |
 Hi,

I'm Sandeep. This thread is for all the TGMC 2012 participants, who have queries, problems in their projects. Post it here and I'll help the best way I can. I will also share sample projects, SRS and web development books. Post your email id along with your query.

tgmchelp.blogspot.com 
Updated on 2013-04-02T19:22:48Z at 2013-04-02T19:22:48Z by prkeshri
  • VijayDeshpande
    VijayDeshpande
    10 Posts

Re: Help for TGMC - 2012

‏2012-08-11T18:47:28Z  
      sir it is mentioned dat linux will be the preffered OS, what it exactly means?
  • AroraYogesh
    AroraYogesh
    4 Posts

‏2012-08-11T18:58:25Z  
    This is what you replied: Develop the complete project first. If it involves any hardware, then its ok. You will be submitting soft copy only by writing it to DVD and mailing it. Later if your project gets selected, you can demonstrate using the hardware.
    When I asked : We want to make an app which demands three features from us : Voice detection/analyzing , Location Detection(GPS technology) and auto calling(GSM technology). The problem is how we will submit the project ? as in we have to submit a soft copy but our project involves mic for voice recording and detection and an android phone ? How should we go about this?

Sir, I want to ask that how will they select our project if they don't see it working when we send the soft copy because its an app that requires mic, gsm and gps technology. How will they run the code?
  • SandeepDattaraju
    SandeepDattaraju
    664 Posts

‏2012-08-11T21:49:38Z  
      sir it is mentioned dat linux will be the preffered OS, what it exactly means?
     It means that you can use Linux OS for installing all the softawares, develop and run your project in it. If you can do this, you will be awarded with +10 points. Or else you can use windows also, to do everything. Just that you will not get bonus points
  • SandeepDattaraju
    SandeepDattaraju
    664 Posts

‏2012-08-11T21:54:02Z  
    This is what you replied: Develop the complete project first. If it involves any hardware, then its ok. You will be submitting soft copy only by writing it to DVD and mailing it. Later if your project gets selected, you can demonstrate using the hardware.
    When I asked : We want to make an app which demands three features from us : Voice detection/analyzing , Location Detection(GPS technology) and auto calling(GSM technology). The problem is how we will submit the project ? as in we have to submit a soft copy but our project involves mic for voice recording and detection and an android phone ? How should we go about this?

Sir, I want to ask that how will they select our project if they don't see it working when we send the soft copy because its an app that requires mic, gsm and gps technology. How will they run the code?
     Hi,

Yes, they cannot run the code. If at all they run it, they cannot see the complete project, as the hardware part is needed. So they will see to the documentation part. They will see project presentation, softwares used, snapshots of your project. So better you do this part very well. Make a demo video of your project and send it along your code. So that they can get a clear idea of your project. 
  • PhaniTeja
    PhaniTeja
    18 Posts

‏2012-08-12T13:49:39Z  
     can you plz send me the sample project 
  • VijayDeshpande
    VijayDeshpande
    10 Posts

‏2012-08-12T14:44:28Z  
     It means that you can use Linux OS for installing all the softawares, develop and run your project in it. If you can do this, you will be awarded with +10 points. Or else you can use windows also, to do everything. Just that you will not get bonus points
                                   Do the ones who do evrything on WINDOWS OS qualify for final round?Does it matter if we do the project in win 64 bit or 32 bit??
  • SandeepDattaraju
    SandeepDattaraju
    664 Posts

‏2012-08-13T00:35:28Z  
    • PhaniTeja
    • ‏2012-08-12T13:49:39Z
     can you plz send me the sample project 
     Sure I will send them, please provide your email ID
  • PhaniTeja
    PhaniTeja
    18 Posts

‏2012-08-13T13:22:56Z  
     Sure I will send them, please provide your email ID
     here my mail id is --

sreeram.teja1994@gmail.com 
  • ananyamca
    ananyamca
    16 Posts

‏2012-08-13T13:35:32Z  
     Hi sir,
     I am ananya. We have chosen project Online book sales with Mobile sms. Please tell how to connect front end and back end using Eclipse and DB2 and tell the procedure for that sir.. How to write code..?
     Reply me sir please... 
  • MQ4H_Kunwar_Jaishankar
    2 Posts

‏2012-08-13T14:31:14Z  
     Hello sir,
    I am Jaishankar. I have selected "HR Operations Manager" as my project for TGMC 2012. I am not understanding the first two points of the "Fundamental Requirements". Project scenario is available here. Can you please help me out. My e-mail id is - kunwar.jaishankar22@gmail.com. 

Thankyou. 
  • PhaniTeja
    PhaniTeja
    18 Posts

‏2012-08-13T15:05:00Z  
     hi sir, 
    I am Phani Teja . I have selected the topic named "Online grievience redressal system"  in TGMC - 2012. Can U plz Tell me in detail what to do next in the project plz mail me to  sreeram.teja1994@gmail.com 
  • humptydumpty
    humptydumpty
    2 Posts

‏2012-08-13T19:39:16Z  
     plz tel me about TGMC. as i got d information that we can project our ideas to this and if they consider the idea as feasible, they will help us to get the idea real provide scholarship. i m trying to find out the solution of this problem from a week. plz give me the guidelines  as how to submit the idea and what is the criteria, if it work so.
  • SandeepDattaraju
    SandeepDattaraju
    664 Posts

‏2012-08-14T04:23:59Z  
                                   Do the ones who do evrything on WINDOWS OS qualify for final round?Does it matter if we do the project in win 64 bit or 32 bit??
     Hi,

They may qualify according to the points they get. If you complete all the functional requirements, documentation, UML cases, with a very good looking front end, you may qualify too. Every project is evaluated on score basis. See to the scoring criteria. 
  • SandeepDattaraju
    SandeepDattaraju
    664 Posts

‏2012-08-14T04:38:34Z  
    • ananyamca
    • ‏2012-08-13T13:35:32Z
     Hi sir,
     I am ananya. We have chosen project Online book sales with Mobile sms. Please tell how to connect front end and back end using Eclipse and DB2 and tell the procedure for that sir.. How to write code..?
     Reply me sir please... 
     Hi,

Sure. I.m sharing you the link where you can find video tutorials for connecting front end and backend, with a sample project. Go through it and ask me if you get any doubts.  

You can also post your queries here: 
  • SandeepDattaraju
    SandeepDattaraju
    664 Posts

‏2012-08-14T05:28:24Z  
     Hello sir,
    I am Jaishankar. I have selected "HR Operations Manager" as my project for TGMC 2012. I am not understanding the first two points of the "Fundamental Requirements". Project scenario is available here. Can you please help me out. My e-mail id is - kunwar.jaishankar22@gmail.com. 

Thankyou. 
     Hi,

According to your scenario, in the first requirement it is stated that Workflow capabilities of the proposed system, it just means that you need to show the work flow in your website. How is your website designed? and other stuff. Components for business process is as given in the Objective - Companies, applicants, and other users. 
  • SandeepDattaraju
    SandeepDattaraju
    664 Posts

‏2012-08-14T05:31:35Z  
     plz tel me about TGMC. as i got d information that we can project our ideas to this and if they consider the idea as feasible, they will help us to get the idea real provide scholarship. i m trying to find out the solution of this problem from a week. plz give me the guidelines  as how to submit the idea and what is the criteria, if it work so.
     Hi,

TGMC is a web development contest, where you will use IBM software tools to develop a web application. You will register to the contest by selecting a scenario or else you can create your own scenario and get registered. Then you need to start working on your project. First prepare and submit SRS(Synopsis) and then submit Project. You can see the sample SRS in the website. 

I dont have any idea about the scholarship. If you win the contest, you will be awarded with very good prizes, you can see this in the prizes section. 
  • SandeepDattaraju
    SandeepDattaraju
    664 Posts

‏2012-08-14T05:33:50Z  
    • PhaniTeja
    • ‏2012-08-13T15:05:00Z
     hi sir, 
    I am Phani Teja . I have selected the topic named "Online grievience redressal system"  in TGMC - 2012. Can U plz Tell me in detail what to do next in the project plz mail me to  sreeram.teja1994@gmail.com 
     Hi,

Please give me some time, as I am going through every scenario and will be explaining in detail. I will posting it in FB page. Please go through it.

http://www.facebook.com/HelpForTGMC2012
  • AroraYogesh
    AroraYogesh
    4 Posts

‏2012-08-14T20:49:58Z  
     Hi,

Yes, they cannot run the code. If at all they run it, they cannot see the complete project, as the hardware part is needed. So they will see to the documentation part. They will see project presentation, softwares used, snapshots of your project. So better you do this part very well. Make a demo video of your project and send it along your code. So that they can get a clear idea of your project. 
     Hello Sir,
    As I told you that the app we are making is mobile app which will be built for android platform and I could not find any IBM tool for mobile app development. 
    Please help us with the tools we should/can use to make this android app. :)
    Thanks
  • SandeepDattaraju
    SandeepDattaraju
    664 Posts

‏2012-08-15T02:29:17Z  
     Hello Sir,
    As I told you that the app we are making is mobile app which will be built for android platform and I could not find any IBM tool for mobile app development. 
    Please help us with the tools we should/can use to make this android app. :)
    Thanks
     Hi,

You can develop the web app using Eclipse or RAD, and add the Android plugin to the same. And you can run your project using the Android emulator. You are not creating Android(APK) application. But you are creating a mobile website, which is for mobile only.  
  • sumeet_123
    sumeet_123
    15 Posts

‏2012-08-16T14:25:48Z  
     Sir i need license for RSA 8.5 please provide it. I have installed Ubuntu 12.04 64 bit  and RSA 7  but it is not showing internal browser and m not able to configure external browser.
    so please give me license key m downloading RSA 8.5 as it is supported by 64 bit linux. or there is any way to resolve web browser problem in RSA 7 ??
    Thankyou
  • ananyamca
    ananyamca
    16 Posts

‏2012-08-16T14:35:50Z  
     Hi,

Sure. I.m sharing you the link where you can find video tutorials for connecting front end and backend, with a sample project. Go through it and ask me if you get any doubts.  

Hai am Ananya

1 ) Is there any particular  Editor to run XML  and in particular whether IBM providing any Editor for that..If yes, tell me how to download..
     2) Then after creating XML doc , tell us how to link that with CSS script..How to download CSS and how to run that..
     3) I have seen that to run XML doc. they mentioned as Parser.. what it means..?

• ananyamca
    ananyamca
    16 Posts

‏2012-08-17T01:25:59Z  
     Hi,

Hai am Ananya

1 ) Is there any particular  Editor to run XML  and in particular whether IBM providing any Editor for that..If yes, tell me how to download..
     2) Then after creating XML doc , tell us how to link that with CSS script..How to download CSS and how to run that..
     3) I have seen that to run XML doc. they mentioned as Parser.. what it means..?

• SandeepDattaraju
    SandeepDattaraju
    664 Posts

‏2012-08-21T07:32:43Z  
    • PhaniTeja
    • ‏2012-08-13T13:22:56Z
     here my mail id is --

sreeram.teja1994@gmail.com 
     I have sent to your mail id
  • SandeepDattaraju
    SandeepDattaraju