Topic
  • 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2015-04-28T01:40:54Z by wannik
Lyn_Brawn
Lyn_Brawn
1 Post

Pinned topic Data Studio 4.1.0.1 (Linux) - Content Assist not working, and Current Schema defaults to my userid

‏2014-03-28T19:20:08Z |

I have Data Studio 4.1.0.1 installed under Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.4. I am using the same connections and SQL content that I used in Data Studio 3.2.1.  I am creating and editing SQL queries against a db2 database. Content Assist is not working for me, neither using the hot key Ctril-Space, the context menu Content Assist, or the Menu item Edit, Content Assist. Content Assist worked just fine in 3.2, and very occasionally, it will work in 4.1.0.1, but most of the time it does not. I have tried disconnecting and reconnecting the database on the configuration tab of the SQL editor I am working on, but that doesn't seem to resolve the issue.

A related issue is that the schema changes on me. The database connection has a default schema set for it. But the Current Schema shown on the Special registers tab defaults to my database connection userid. So when I run the SQL, it gives me an error that 'USERID.object' is an undefined name. I then change the schema on the Special Registers page, but it doesn't seem to always stick.

How do I resolve these two issues?

• chunqiu
    chunqiu
    15 Posts

Re: Data Studio 4.1.0.1 (Linux) - Content Assist not working, and Current Schema defaults to my userid

‏2014-03-31T20:07:18Z  

Hi,

I tried on DS4101 of window's platform and saw content assistance is working fine. Do you have a window's one to try on? I want to verify if your problem is specific with Linux. In addition,  can you tell me which database vendor you are using, like DB2 for LUW or DB2 for z/OS?

Thanks!

• wannik
    wannik
    3 Posts

Re: Data Studio 4.1.0.1 (Linux) - Content Assist not working, and Current Schema defaults to my userid

‏2015-04-28T01:40:54Z  

I had the same problem.  I'm using Data Studio 4.1.1 on Ubuntu.  I solve the problem as follows:

Windows > Preferences

General > Key

Select an item 'Content Assist'

Change When: to "Editing SQL and XQuery"